PDA

View Full Version : Making hamster treats!

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I am currently making hamster treats for my poorly little girl Bonkers. I took a few supreme science selective hamster pellets (the heart shaped ones) and 3 slices of banana. I blended the pellets with a tiny drop of hot water so they went kind of crumbly and then added the banana and blended that too. The banana makes it go creamy so you dont want the pellet mixtur to be too wet! Then I spread it on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkled it with oats. It is in the oven at the moment at 180 degrees and I have popped it in for 10 minutes!

This is a totally made up recipe so I am hoping it will go to plan! I will keep this thread updated!

Stockannette
11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
I bet these will make sweet Bonkers feel better!

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Gone in for another 10 mins, they were still soft but had hardened a little, forgot to say I spread it out about 7mm thick

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Hehe I am hoping she likes them, they have decent pellets in them so they should be a bit better than porridge, as much as she loves it I dont want to give her too much but it has been the only thing she has really been liking!

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Forgot to say they went in for another 10 mins and now another 20

Knotty
11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
These are similar to what we made our chinese hams. We put some of their mix into a bowl, added some porridge oats and water, then mixed them all up then baked them until they were soft but not sticky!! Great thread, you should make a video on the finished product!!

Petite1
11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
How did they turn out? im sure Bonkers will like them if only eats a little bit xx

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Still in the oven! I will do a vid if they turn out ok! I kinda just trew them together so I need to measure everything out before I do it properly, I have made so many attempts to make treats lol! I may just go and make my tea now as I can do pasta that wont need the oven! Im hungry!

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 11:17 AM
They are out! Just the little problem of them sticking to the greaseproof paper...

bonkers4hamsters
11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Here they are! Bella had a nibble but I think she must like them quite a bit as she was eating it out of my hands, which she never does unless it is something she loves (like mealworms) and Bonkers pouched 2 so I think they have her approval too! For some reason though they were sticky underneath and crunchy on the top but they should be ok!

bonkers4hamsters
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Just to add, these were in the oven for a total of 50 mins and they hardened so much and they were really crunchy! May do them for a little less time next time!

bgfloyd
12-17-2012, 01:39 PM
they look good! making me hungry!! lol!