PDA

View Full Version : Robos hind legs

NaomiR
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
My oldest husky robo walks funny, for the last week he looks like he's walking on the tips of his toes - I can't see anything wrong with his toes, feet or legs.

Does anyone know if they suufer from arthritis or anything like that in "old" age, I don't know how old he is but he's a fully furred man :wink:

Tammy22
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi Naomi,

i have two older female Huskies who are ex breeders (not by me!) who ae pushing 3 now, and they walk exactly how you describe, lol! very funny to watch actually, but i dont think they ae in any pain at all, just creaky joints i think :roll:

Interestingly, i have had Agouti Robos live longer than these two and they didnt seem to develop any walking problems, so maybe it's a problem in the Huskies, not sure :?

Tammy x

nooboo
04-29-2008, 11:15 AM
one of my big males tended to walk a bit like that, more up on his hind legs so when running in a wheel it looks like he has no front legs and its only the back legs going, rather cute!

does it get worse if the room is colder, or improve when its warmer?

internet_nobody
04-29-2008, 11:15 AM
My oldest robos pretty much all end up like that, I think its just old age, they don't seem in pain and scuttle about as fast as ever.

NaomiR
04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
oh thank you that's really comforting to know, the way Spike is currently dragging round a floret of broccoli you'd certainly not think he was in any pain, although it does look like he's walking on egg shells!!

I'm a bit upset really because I thought I'd bought a youngster but his hair is a lot longer than a baby's would be and now this silly leg problem, hmmm some people!