PDA

View Full Version : BOS and BIS?

Louby
04-27-2008, 02:08 AM
What do these mean?

Are the Best In Show and Best Of Show? If they are...what is the difference?

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 02:31 AM
BIS is the best in show as you said, meaning the animal overall who achieved most points.

BOS means the best opposite sex - so if BIS was a female, the BOS would be the best male out of all the males in the show. And vise versa of course.

Hope that helps?

:D

Louby
04-27-2008, 02:36 AM
BIS is the best in show as you said, meaning the animal overall who achieved most points.

BOS means the best opposite sex - so if BIS was a female, the BOS would be the best male out of all the males in the show. And vise versa of course.

Hope that helps?

:D

That sure does help! Thankyou! :D

Gust0o
04-27-2008, 04:14 AM
I had no idea what all that opposite sex business was, but there were a lot of prizes at Brockholes. I didn't want to sound silly for asking, but I'd imagined it might be a prize for female breeders and showers... and that's patently the silliest thing I've thought in a while! :oops:

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 04:16 AM
don't worry i spent about a year going to shows thinking it was for a breeding pair of hams and i couldn't work out how they knew which syrian was which other one's lover :oops:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 04:16 AM
No its the hamsters sex that matters Gus :x It makes no difference the sex of the breeders we believe in equality in hamster breeding :x

Holly
04-27-2008, 05:55 AM

Yes and Will refused to take his Best Opposite Sex Junior rosette to school this week - he said everyone would laugh at those three little letters :roll: ....I told him not to be so stupid but when my nephew came round he had hysterics :P :?

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm missing something?? :? BOS what does that mean? The only thing I can think of is BOSS -

I am just so innocent that I dont understand! :shock:

I_am_plankton
04-27-2008, 07:52 AM
BOS is Best Opposite Sex :)

agatecrystal
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm missing something?? :? BOS what does that mean? The only thing I can think of is BOSS -

I am just so innocent that I dont understand! :shock:

Am I MISSING something? After all, spuds mum, was it not you who posted first in this tread this:

Hope that helps?

nooboo
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
i think the issue is why a group of boys would find BOS so funny....i think spuds mum is having issues thinking up what they think it means :P

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 08:17 AM
yup - sorry lol - I should have quoted Holly - I want to know why Will is embarrassed and his cousin in hysterics! :D

Jane
04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
yup - sorry lol - I should have quoted Holly - I want to know why Will is embarrassed and his cousin in hysterics! :D

Best Opposite Sex Junior??

I'm assuming that's why, anyway. Maybe I'm wrong :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
yes I bet thats it Jane - Ive lost touch I'm afraid. And I guess the three letters Holly is referring to are S E X rather than B O S - that explains things lol :x

souffle
04-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I was wondering about that too :? I think you may have it Jane. Holly reveal all :lol:

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
i was sitting here also trying to work out what BOS could stand for other than what it actually does stand for! I think you could be right though, it's cos it's got the word sex on it :lol:

Mollz
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
I can't believe it took you so long to work out what the kids would be laughing at :lol: Believe me, about 80% of my classmates would laugh as soon as the three letters S E X were put together - at my age, it's just ridiculous :roll:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I know :oops: Im stoopid! But when Holly said they were laughing at those three little letters - I naturally assumed it was the letters B O S :roll:

Mollz
04-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I know :oops: Im stoopid! But when Holly said they were laughing at those three little letters - I naturally assumed it was the letters B O S :roll:

Your not at all stupid, just need to spend more time with boys under the age of 16!

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 01:28 PM
:oops: well I do have my own toyboy who acts as though he is under 16, but thats as close as I want to get to be honest! :D

internet_nobody
04-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Its not just the S-E-X word, but if you're a boy who has a rosette saying BOS its like saying you're a girl :P

Jane
04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Its not just the S-E-X word, but if you're a boy who has a rosette saying BOS its like saying you're a girl :P

Took me a while to work out what you were saying but I think I get you now! :lol:

Holly
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Yep, you youngsters knew what he meant - sorry I thought it was obvious :P

Jane
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Yay, aren't we clever Mollz :lol: :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 01:58 PM

OMG - does that mean I am not a youngster? :oops: :wink:

Oh my gosh - I've suddenly decided I need to wear tweed skirts, twinsets and pearls and have a blue rinse. Any male under 50 will be referred to as "young man" and I will crochet toilet roll covers and doileys whilst listening to radio 4. :shock:

Holly
04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes - and I've seen a lovely cardigan you'd like in Marks (the young man behind the desk wrapped mine up luverly) :P

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Did you notice their support tights are on special offer too? I picked up 30 pairs, you can never have enough American Tan :wink:

Holly
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I did - but I prefer knee-highs, they go better with my corselette :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 02:07 PM
So funny :x - actually not that funny when I think of it... :oops:

nooboo
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
can i put an order in for a crochet toilet roll cover... in blue???

just thought i would give you guys something to do :P

i must say i had thought more into other words that could have been used there for bos... so maybe i am getting old too!

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 02:21 PM
don't worry Spud's mum, i had no clue either. i was trying to do something with the letters BOS. It also never occured to me what I_N said either, but that is really obvious now! "Will's got a rosette saying he's the best opposite sex! ha-ha!" i can totally see that now. :lol: