PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing tissue in her cheeks??

Gibbs&JackBlack
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I have never seen this before but while we were cleaning out Daisy's hidey house of the poop (yes, she poops in her house)-she started madly shoving all the tissue in her cheeks. It was crazy how the whole strip would just disappear into her mouth and then she had one huge cheek full of tissue!

After a bit, she started popping it back out in little balls and arranging it again.

I assume this is normal nesting behavior but I've never seen it before with any of my hams.

So.....normal or crazy? :rolleyes:

Sandti
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, this is normal <3. Zoro does this when I give her new bedding. It's like she doesn't want me to change my mind and take it back so she snaffs it!!

Call me Alison
11-09-2012, 11:38 AM
my syrian marmalade does the exact same thing!!

sometimes i wonder how she doesn't wobble over with the amount in her mouth! xxx

Gibbs&JackBlack
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah good, this is what I figured. I'm just surprised that with all my hams I've never seen it before. Maybe they just weren't so attached to their bedding ;)

Biscotti
11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
My Bumpy goes through this ritual every time I give him new toilet paper bedding. New strips must be stuffed in mouth, comes out in a wad, and madly re-arranged before it's suitable for him to sleep in. :mrgreen: He doesn't run on the wheel as much as the other hams, but he's always busy landscaping and fluffing up his bed.