PDA

View Full Version : How much egg?

SammyJo
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
The white part of hard boiled egg. I was thinking about a peanut sized amount? Or is that stingy? I've seen people on here/youtube feeding a lot more?? Is it something you build up slowly as hammy's stomach gets used to it?

Thanks!

Call me Alison
11-07-2012, 01:59 PM
i would try with that much then gradually give a little bit more ( mine love egg) xx

lisab
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I normally cook a box of 15 at once and all mine get a tea spoon full. I didnt build them up on it they just got given it :)

souffle
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
We usually give about a thumbnail sized bit each. Try the smaller bit first though and see how he likes it :)

pinkneon
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I normally cook a box of 15 at once and all mine get a tea spoon full. I didnt build them up on it they just got given it :)

Blimey! How many hamsters do you have??????????????

lisab
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM

just a few ;)

SammyJo
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM

My thoughts exactly!! wow :)

I'll give her some of my breakfast tomorrow. So far chicken is her favorite fresh food by a mile, so I'm hoping eggs will prove popular too.

Also can I just say how great this place is for friendly helpful advice? You're all helping me make my Lizzy a very happy hamster! (and me feel more secure that I'm doing the right things)

pinkneon
11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
My Belle likes scrambled eggs! Actually, likes is an understatement! It's pretty much the only thing that she sits and eats (rather than pouching and running off) and it disappears so quick!