PDA

View Full Version : would it be ok?

Matty Day
04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
as I am finding generally I am going to more midland shows than southern would it be ok to move from the southern to the midland next year would it effect my status for a prefix ?

just thought I would ask

arlev
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
as I am finding generally I am going to more midland shows than southern would it be ok to move from the southern to the midland next year would it effect my status for a prefix ?

Why not get a discounted rate for membership and belong to both? :shock:

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 03:50 AM
you can only be full member of one club and associate of another.

i'm a midland, but ended up going to more northern! i was thinking the same thing, should i move? i don't see that it matters though, does it? or am i missing something? plus i'm technically in the midlands... as discussed at great lengths on other threads :lol:

when i was at uni, people who came from miles away couldn't believe that stoke was midlands! in north stoke we even get granada north west TV and the north west news! we can't even receive our own news. if there's a local feature on the news, northern stokies have to phone people in south stoke to get them to tape it :roll:

arlev
04-26-2008, 03:56 AM
you can only be full member of one club and associate of another.

Is that because of commitment to one group might undermine it to the other? I guess it would be hard to participate fully in both areas activities.

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 04:01 AM
i'm not sure but i think it might be to do with the journal, because if you were a full member of two clubs, you'd get 2 journals identical which is money wasting :wink:

when i first joined midland i was gonna join northern as well so i could have the northern journal :lol: :oops:

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I think its more to do with being classed as a member and having 'voting rights' etc. only for one club and one vote for the NHC. So instead people become associate members of the other club and dont have voting rights there.

You do have the right to be a full member at whichever club you wish however - the NHC handbook para 67(a) reads

An affiliated [to NHC] club may enrol members from any area but applicants would normally be enrolled in the club administering the area in which he/she resides. An applicant may however elect to have full membership of another club if he/she wishes

and 67(c)

A member may only be a 'Full Member' of one NHC affiliated club at any time, but may hold associate membershop of every affiliated club ifs/he wishes.

Hope that helps?

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 10:41 AM
yes, that explains it well Spud's Mum, thanks. So Matty could be a midland member and i could be northern. The one you join should be the one where you'd like voting rights. hard to decide for me. depends what the vote would be! it was nice to vote for the midland trophy centres, although my choices weren't the ones that won (i'm glad though cos i really like them in the flesh :) )

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Remember too Bunsey that Northern dont (at the moment?!) do the lovely trophies that Midlands do - but then maybe you would like to vote to change that? :wink:

souffle
04-26-2008, 12:44 PM
But Spud's mum Northern do do Annual awards which are really lovely and a bit different from trophy's. Last year winners of any BIS, BOS, JuniorBIS and Junior BOS received a lovely engraved photo frame with their winnings in the centre. These could be replaced with a hamster pic if you liked. The year before was a clock with a frame on the side. Both these are lovely keepsakes. Northern presents gorgeous rosettes at the individual shows and the trophies annually.

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
*chastened* :wink:
yes you are right Souff, and of course who else gets regular visits by Sir Dickie Bird? :D

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
i'm not really bothered about the midland trophies because you have to give them back after a year, where the rosettes from northern are yours forever and when you only win one or two things it's nice to keep them forever. Not that i've ever got higher than 3rd place at a midland show, so haven't ever won a trophy :wink:

souffle
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
.....but you will get a Nothern Annual Trophy this year Bunsey :wink:

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 04:13 AM
yey :D do i get to keep it?

souffle
04-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Yes you do :lol: