PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

milly
07-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Bo likes to push all his sawdust up against his house and it usually gets EVERYWHERE! he usually does about a day after I have cleaned him out and I was wondering why he does this! None of my other hamsters used to do it, but he does it all the time! Comments? Suggestions?

Coco1
07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
He maybe trying to block a draft? Is he in a draughty area? Sometimes they just do this to seclude themselves a bit more & to control temperatures etc. He's maybe trying to block out any light entering his house.

:D

babyboos
07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Try to place the cage base in a large cut down cardboard box to catch any fall-out

milly
07-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah cheers for the advice! Although he is on a high table, sometimes only little bits fall out along with food and poops, and I think we should try the cardboard box, hoping he won't attempt to eat it! :)

babyboos
07-28-2005, 07:59 AM
How much bedding does he have? Does the light from the window shine in his house? He is maybe trying to block out light?

Oh and he shouldn't eat the cardboard box - not that it would harm him if he did - I assume you give him empty toilet roll tubes to chew on already - if not, he will appreciate them I am sure - but you want the box to be bigger than the cage base to catch any fallout.

flogging_molly
08-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Welcome to the world of the hamster!! They all have their own quirks and inividualisms, wes tends to do this too, i think it makes him feel more secure but the truth is, until we know what our hamsters are thinking we will never know the true reason why. :)

Sapphire_Ratties
08-05-2005, 02:22 PM
why are you using saw dust? maybe he doesn't like it. I thought that kind of thing was bad for small animal respirtory systesms?