PDA

View Full Version : This is why i don't come on forums any more ;)

MandyP
10-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I haven't been on for ages, partly because of personal reasons but i know as soon as i come back on and see all these little hamsters it just makes me want more :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But i have the horrible hubby that has put his foot down and said NO MORE HAMSTERS! :( I even went to my local pet shop to try and start the nagging but he dragged me out lol

How can i convince him to change his mind? I thought of lots of cute photos may help.

Rach im going to show him a photo of Pebbles and Daisy to see if that will help as well :)

Anyone got any other ideas?

ButterNut
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Ask him why not? Say they are very easy to take care of and dont need much attention. They can be super sweet and a plus is how darn adorable they are! Buttercup sometimes sits on my shoulder while I walk around. They are also very interesting to watch

pinkneon
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Well we could all start a petition ... Or, you can show him this photo of Belle ...
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/552451_10152189138185347_179588133_n.jpg

Faerydae
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
my OH said no more.... but I went out to the sorting office on Saturday to collect a missed delivery and came home with a hamster instead, he didn't get a say when the hamster is already in the house! haha

alanjamesblair
10-23-2012, 12:45 AM
I have a friend who is very anti-rodent. Well, rodentphobiac is more accurate. Well, I showed him Magellan and he didn't budge. I did not want to hold him much less see me holding him while he was over. He's had a bad experience with house mice, he says. Well, I guess I don't have a solution, but I do relate to your dilemma. How do you convince someone to love hammies?

Lynternette
10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm slowly getting my OH to be interested in my hammies. I've landed him with quite a large bill for vet's fees so I can't get any more until I've paid him back. He's offered to pay half so I can't complain.

jesselle
10-23-2012, 02:37 AM
mine said no more but he caved a month later and i got my little robo kiwi, who just so happens to be his favourite :D

but i'm saying no more now, i know my limit :)

MandyP
10-23-2012, 09:20 AM
He does love hamsters and Dexter was his favourite hammy, he is just being mean and not letting me :(

He has also hidden my spare cage lol I will have to wait until he wants to buy something and have to do the "well if your having something i want.." lol

Thank you for the photo pinkneon will have to show him later x

RachK
10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Mandy's hubby don't be so mean! And Pinkneon that photo of Belle! Sooo Cute!! :)

cactus
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
My OH wasn't keen on getting one hammy but I've been through a lot in the past year and he eventually caved saying he just wanted me to be happy and since we had the money it was ok. I then went and got another when he was at work, I'd just gone into the store to buy some more bedding for the one I had but the ones in the adoption centre we just so cute and it always breaks my heart to think that no one wanted them for whatever reason, so I got a new cage and bought home the second. My OH was a bit shocked but he was playing with the new addition within minutes of getting in from work. He loves them both now and helps to take care of them. I think a lot of cute pictures and just having a talk with your OH about how much it would mean to you to have another hamster might do the trick! I wouldn't recommend getting one behind his back while he's out though, I spent the whole day worried sick I'd be in trouble when he got home but I don't think he's ever been truly angry about anything I've done so I got away with it! :)

HammieandMerlin
10-23-2012, 09:49 AM
My OH is more of a suck about rodents than I am, and he always says that as long as we have the room, the funds, and the time there is no reason not to. I figure if you tell your OH that all three of those categories are a go, he should come round :)

Knotty
10-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Hamsters are amazing. You should get another hamster and hide it...

obscura
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I haven't been on for ages, partly because of personal reasons but i know as soon as i come back on and see all these little hamsters it just makes me want more :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But i have the horrible hubby that has put his foot down and said NO MORE HAMSTERS! :( I even went to my local pet shop to try and start the nagging but he dragged me out lol

How can i convince him to change his mind? I thought of lots of cute photos may help.

Rach im going to show him a photo of Pebbles and Daisy to see if that will help as well :)

Anyone got any other ideas?

How many do you currently have?

he didn't get a say when the hamster is already in the house! haha

LOL! Pretty much.

My fiance does not like animals as much as me. He doesn't really care for rodents much at all, to be honest. He usually sucks it up, though. It's called compromise. ;) He gets what he wants, and I get what I want. As long as it's not unreasonable. If you have the room for a new cage, the funds for more supplies, and the time to devote handling new hamsters on top of all of your current priorities, then I don't see why you can't have another hamster. But you should always have a limit.

My mentor has always told me that you should always have a limit. At some point you can't really provide the necessary interaction to every single hamster if you have too many hamsters, thus is defeats the purpose of even having them to begin with! Love the ones you have. They don't live very long anyway, so enjoy them while they are in good health.

My fiance said no more after I brought the first one home. I am now at twelve hamsters, but that's because I recently took over a breeding program that belonged to my mentor. My fiance was not too thrilled to hear that I would be breeding rodents in the house. But he won't hear me complain when he wants to drop a few hundred dollars on some new electronics or something...