PDA

View Full Version : Presents for your hammies??

Ellisxxx
10-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Do anybody else buy your hamsters stuff for Christmas and there birthdays???
Or am i just weird?:cool:

GhostsInSnow
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I'll be getting Fudge something for her 6 months birthday and Christmas and her normal birthdays :)
You're not the only one :D

Call me Alison
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
i don't think you're weird i think it's really nice!!

it's my first Christmas with all my present hams, i prob will get them something small each although not sure what! xxxx

chulasweetchica
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
I do! I love to shop for my lil furbies! I buy them treats,seeds,bedding,toys for Christmas and just because we love them :)

Biscuit
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
I buy them presents! It's not at all weird!

Unless we are all weird of course! XD xxx

September
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm doing stockings for my four little furries :D

Ellisxxx
10-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Ive already got her stocking lol!

Leesha
10-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I buy presents and then I buy anything I like the look of! :lol:

pinkneon
10-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I buy them presents! It's not at all weird!

Unless we are all weird of course! XD xxx

Yeah, of course we are!

I'm doing stockings for my four little furries :D

Me too - though I have 1, not 4!!

I buy presents and then I buy anything I like the look of! :lol:

Yep me too!

I tend to buy presents or something new each payday - I just can't resist! - so for Christmas I've decided I'm going to get one really big buy - not sure what yet, any ideas? - and a few smaller bits. Then for her first birthday I'll probably do the same lol

Lynternette
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
I've always bought birthday and Christmas presents for my pets. Even the fish get something. All the pets of immediate family get presents as well.

kyrilliondaemon
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Ours usually get a woodroll for birthdays and something else for Christmas. I've probably already decided their Christmas presents though... Is kinda bad when I've not decided anyone else's yet lol

indianna
10-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Its the first christmas for me and my 3 hammies, so im gonna spoil 'em rotten!!..
I know... Nothing new there then!:D

The Hamster's family
10-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I bought little treats lately that they have to 'unwrap' (aka chew to get to it) and NONE of the 4 actually chew on it !! Even when I opened the box they didn't touch it ! I better do the shopping myslef has those were given by the petshop owner near my house cause he wanted a feed back on the product !! I think I'm gonna go mad shopping !!! Plotting of getting Carefresh (3 hours drive MINIMUM)... *grin*

My mother-in-law wanted to surprise me at my BD (april 19th) and buy me a hamster+ cage and stuff... Since I already got myself 2 hammies (plus the 2 the girls have) there's no way she will buy more, so she said. BUT i'm sooooo expecting hamster stuff !!!!! hahahahahaha !!!

Annie xx

mangoandmimi
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I used to buy big things for them, birthday and christmas.. but then i went skint.

Now they get homemade bits and bobs. And cards. To hang on their cages. And i'll admit i decorate the ham-room with tinsel and fairy lights..
To be honest though, i'm not sure what i'd get them if i did have the money because 3 hamsters with enough toys for 7.. well.. you see why my mum gets angry when i spend a penny on them.

pinkneon
10-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I used to buy big things for them, birthday and christmas.. but then i went skint.

Now they get homemade bits and bobs. And cards. To hang on their cages. And i'll admit i decorate the ham-room with tinsel and fairy lights..
To be honest though, i'm not sure what i'd get them if i did have the money because 3 hamsters with enough toys for 7.. well.. you see why my mum gets angry when i spend a penny on them.

I have 1 hamster ... With enough toys and treats for about 10! Think I should stop getting her stuff lol

September
10-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I have 1 hamster ... With enough toys and treats for about 10! Think I should stop getting her stuff lol

Gasp! What would Belle say if she heard you saying that?? Lol

pinkneon
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Lol, just don't let her see this thread!!

Cupcake
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM

On the same boat with you pinkneon! I looked at all the treats I have for her and said to myself "it's going to take ages for her to get everything that's here" I guess I'm trying to hide my need for a second hamster and so I spoil this one rotten :D

Fullmoonnight
10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
All my pets get Christmas presents so it's not weird at all! Of course it's still weird to people that aren't crazy ....

purple_x
10-17-2012, 01:54 AM

My hamsters have all volunteered to come and live with you!!

I get my animals all something for christmas, not really for their birthdays though....for MY birthday they get something :D

cactus
10-17-2012, 02:10 AM
I'll be getting Loki something for his first christmas. Not sure what though! :)

Ellisxxx
10-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Aha thanks for all your comments guys you really made me chuckle!

HazelandDan
10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
My gerbils get Christmas and birthday cards, which they chew up in minutes.. so I know they're definitely appreciated!!!

We've only had our Chinese, Noodle, for two weeks, so we'll see how he enjoys his first Christmas card soon.

I don't get them presents, as they get spoiled all year round!!! I only went onto rat rations to buy some food and came away with a £25 order of hammie treats!!! oopse!

I love how spoiled everyone's pets are... lucky little furries!

Ellisxxx
10-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Aha that's something i would do i've done it on p@h website before!

Hammymad
10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I have 6 little stockings with a pressie in each and a yoghurt shaped santa treat for them to share and also a advent calendar :) and I have written them a Xmas card out each xxx

Flamestriker
10-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Ooooo I have four lil fluffies and I have a spare Alexander (since Peanut is in bin cages at t mo) and I have enough toys for 8 more hams...I literally can't get more toys because there simply isn't any room. In fact if anyone here is going to Bath and wants some for free then PM me and il being them along. :)

xmhairix
10-26-2012, 09:32 AM
You are not weird at all, our hammys and gerbils will all be getting christmas prezzies from santa this year (hammys are both getting quieter wheels lol) my kids also live birthdays and birthday parties so our hammys and gerbils get a birthday present and party every so often lol.

They are part of your family, why wouldn't thet get gifts??? Lol.

Ilovehamsters
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Yep :D I even buy my friends hamsters presents :D

mmmim256
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
I throw a birthday party for mine

Ellisxxx
10-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Lol! i get them a stocking and fill it up with toys and treats! :D

Omnomnompets
10-27-2012, 01:27 AM
My animals tend to get a gift every paycheck! ;D