PDA

View Full Version : Whos coming to Gatcombe?

Louby
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
We'll be there!

Anyone else coming??

I_am_plankton
04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Yep I will :)

Spuds Mum
04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
We'll be there!

Anyone else coming??

wow - your OH must absolutely adore you - I think you need to give him a great big hug for giving in so completely :x We wont be there unfortunately, its just too far for us, but maybe one day we can get to meet,send the lads off to talk guitars and then grab a handful of new hamsters each? :wink:

Mollz Mum
04-21-2008, 02:33 PM
YAY, Mollz and I will be there on Saturday (and we might bring along Charlie and Doodles for you all to see!!)
Really not been well since Saturday (had to give up halfway through Sunday, so not sure I'm up to 2 days this weekend.

Basia
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh no, did the cold and damp finally get to you? Hope you are much better by the weekend.

Me and my long-suffering hubbie are going and 2 of my babies for the sales table.

Matty Day
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Right I might be coming and I may have my 3 baby Chinese girls on the sales table ill be there on the Sunday not the Saturday thought dam football again :roll:

Problem is they’ll be a day short of 5 weeks ill check it with the sales manager thougth

I_am_plankton
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Matty if you can make it Sunday that is excellent as they will need help Sunday as I think a lot of people don't usually go on Sunday :) I unfortunately can't as I am working Monday which means Sunday I need to do the cage cleaning :)

Hamster Widow
04-21-2008, 11:13 PM
We'll be there!

Anyone else coming??

Don't know if I can make it Saturday now... Just had my rota changed in work so I'm working Sat night :cry:

Louby
04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
We'll be there!

Anyone else coming??

Don't know if I can make it Saturday now... Just had my rota changed in work so I'm working Sat night :cry:

Damn and blast!!!! :cry:

Looks like the next one we will be at is Blenheim then. Oh well...at least we will have a little baby to bring back with us from there! :wink:

I'm still really disappointed about Gatcombe though :cry:

Louby
04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
wow - your OH must absolutely adore you - I think you need to give him a great big hug for giving in so completely :x We wont be there unfortunately, its just too far for us, but maybe one day we can get to meet,send the lads off to talk guitars and then grab a handful of new hamsters each? :wink:

We may be going to the Willington Show in July (my friend lives in Hemington, so we can stay over there)...will you be at that one? :D Handfuls of new hamsters sounds perfect to me! :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-22-2008, 02:00 AM

We may be going to the Willington Show in July (my friend lives in Hemington, so we can stay over there)...will you be at that one? :D Handfuls of new hamsters sounds perfect to me! :wink:

We may be Louby, but at the moment I cant think a day ahead never mind months :oops: have virus and brain is like mashed potato :oops:

Matty Day
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
well i can make it on sunday now i have to book the 3 girls in and im away :x

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
everyone must come to willington and spend lots of money! :lol: it made a loss last year and if they cancel it that's one of only 2 shows within an hour gone for me :cry:

i've already got a collection of raffle stuff :lol:

Louby
04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
everyone must come to willington and spend lots of money! :lol: it made a loss last year and if they cancel it that's one of only 2 shows within an hour gone for me :cry:

i've already got a collection of raffle stuff :lol:

We will be there...even if it is just my friend and I (may need to drag her though :roll:

Louby
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
What time does it start??

We may be able to pop in for a short time...were just trying to work it out as HW is working at 9pm Sat night, and needs to have some sleep, bless him.

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 11:54 AM
the main show is usually about 10:30am til about 4pm, but the main activity takes place around 1pm/2pm with the pets contest

Matty Day
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
does anyone iknow who the sale manager is as i need to book in my 3 chinese

I_am_plankton
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Email Pete :)

sammys/mum
04-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Hopefully I'll be there :D Just asking but when is it :oops:

Louby
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
the main show is usually about 10:30am til about 4pm, but the main activity takes place around 1pm/2pm with the pets contest

Is there a pets contest at a display?

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 09:54 AM
It is this weekend - Saturday and Sunday.
You need to be there before 9.30 if you want to get in free, any later and you will need to pay the normal show entrance fee.

http://www.craft-show.co.uk/craftshows/ ... raft_Show/ (http://www.craft-show.co.uk/craftshows/Spring_Gatcombe_Craft_Show/)

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM

No, sorry Louby - no pet show this weekend. :cry:

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Polish your tiaras - last year we got a Royal visit!! :lol:

I_am_plankton
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Do you think you will get enough help for Sunday? I will be there Saturday but can't really do Sunday, but would feel guilty if hardly anyone turns up Sunday to help out.

I think I'm on Sales again, that was fun! My picture with 3 winter whites was in the Wye Valley and Forest Review Newspaper lol!

Matty Day
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Polish your tiaras - last year we got a Royal visit!! :lol:
that will be interesting considering I am a staunch republican

sammys/mum
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Well, I'm most definately coming but I couldn't see it on the website which day was a show and which was a display :lol:
And is there anyone there who could possibly sex Frisbee? I still want to be certain!

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Do you think you will get enough help for Sunday? I will be there Saturday but can't really do Sunday, but would feel guilty if hardly anyone turns up Sunday to help out.

I think I'm on Sales again, that was fun! My picture with 3 winter whites was in the Wye Valley and Forest Review Newspaper lol!

There are at least 5 of us on Sunday so I'm sure we will cope.

Bother, that paper's website isn't working properly so I can't have a nosey!! :wink:

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I'm most definately coming but I couldn't see it on the website which day was a show and which was a display :lol:
And is there anyone there who could possibly sex Frisbee? I still want to be certain!

No show, both days are display.
I'm sure one of us can take a look at Frisbee for you.

Matty Day
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
thought i would ask i will be there on sunday to.

what time do i have to be there ?

and how so i get there is it well sign posted ?

Louby
04-23-2008, 10:10 AM

No, sorry Louby - no pet show this weekend. :cry:

Phew...I thought that was the case...thankyou. I was worried that we were missing that too for a minute! :(

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
thought i would ask i will be there on sunday to.

what time do i have to be there ?

and how so i get there is it well sign posted ?

By 9.30 to get in free - directions are in that link posted above.

Louby
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
:D :D :D YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guess who is coming to Gatcombe now after all!!! Meeeee!!!!!!

Not sure if Hamster Widow is going to be able to make it yet, but we have discussed it, and we have decided that I am going to come either way on the Saturday with my little boy! (the human one, not the hamster one :wink:)

I'm hoping to come away with a lovely, 'retired' hammie too...so cross your fingers that there are some for me please!

Well....we do have that empty Cambridge, and I can't be doing with looking at an empty cage...its just calling out for a new resident :D

Can't wait to see you all there!

souffle
04-24-2008, 12:45 AM
That's great Louby. Hope you enjoy yourself and come home we someone new to introduce :lol:

Holly
04-24-2008, 02:47 AM
I'll be there, not until about 11am though, as it's a 2 hour drive for me. I'm coming on my own so no boys to distract me - I'll help with whatever just tell me what to do :wink:

Basia
04-24-2008, 05:33 AM
:D :D :D YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guess who is coming to Gatcombe now after all!!! Meeeee!!!!!!

Not sure if Hamster Widow is going to be able to make it yet, but we have discussed it, and we have decided that I am going to come either way on the Saturday with my little boy! (the human one, not the hamster one :wink:)

I'm hoping to come away with a lovely, 'retired' hammie too...so cross your fingers that there are some for me please!

Well....we do have that empty Cambridge, and I can't be doing with looking at an empty cage...its just calling out for a new resident :D

Can't wait to see you all there!

Oh that's really good - look forward to seeing you there. :D
I bought my first donation hammie at Monmouth and I am so pleased with her, she is just so affectionate. I bought her because she was such a pretty colour and when I held her she was really friendly. She has settled herself right in at home and I am hoping I might be able to show her for little while too so I would definitely recommend the donation hams.

I_am_plankton
04-25-2008, 02:10 AM
I just thought I would say that if you any of you have a Navman Sat Nav, it won't pick up Gatcombe's postcode and will say that it can't calculate a driveable route. If you only have this sat nav then the thing to do is ask it to find Woefuldane Bottom and then follow the signs to Gatcombe when you get there.

I'm lucky as my dad's sat nav is RAC and picks it up fine, and is what I used last year.

Louby
04-25-2008, 02:14 AM
I just thought I would say that if you any of you have a Navman Sat Nav, it won't pick up Gatcombe's postcode and will say that it can't calculate a driveable route. If you only have this sat nav then the thing to do is ask it to find Woefuldane Bottom and then follow the signs to Gatcombe when you get there.

I'm lucky as my dad's sat nav is RAC and picks it up fine, and is what I used last year.

We will be relying on Mapquest and a finger in the air! :roll:

Louby
04-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Basia
Oh that's really good - look forward to seeing you there. :D
I bought my first donation hammie at Monmouth and I am so pleased with her, she is just so affectionate. I bought her because she was such a pretty colour and when I held her she was really friendly. She has settled herself right in at home and I am hoping I might be able to show her for little while too so I would definitely recommend the donation hams.

I'm REALLY hoping that there will be some there! :D

I_am_plankton
04-25-2008, 02:23 AM
There usually is, Louby. My Poppy, a SH Sable Roan was for adoption at 10 months old and is now a year and a half :) She was from Tristar and is lovely

Mollz Mum
04-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, been out of contact this week - not been at all well, (actually poorly enough to not be on the forum - and I've had withdrawal symptoms, thank goodness for updates from Mollz!) double ear infection and chest infection - actually went to doctor's (not something I usually do!) and ended up with antibiotics (another unheard of thing these days).
With this in mind, I am determined that we will be there tomorrow and look forward seeing everyone, but really don't think I will be up to a second day on Sunday (sorry BVH and Pete!). Also not sure whether we'll make the whole day tomorrow, but intend to try!!
Damn colds/viruses.......this one is certainly persistent - I blame the snow LOL :lol:

Holly
04-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I had a brilliant day! it was lovely chatting to Basia, Plankton, Mollz & Mum, BVH, BVM, Chris, Pete, Carol and Jean - and meeting, all be it very briefly, Louby and family :wink:

I really enjoyed my stint on the sales table - without exception the people buying the hamsters were lovely (as well as the hamsters being lovely which goes without saying :wink: ).

Oh and I got a 2nd hand red Cambridge for twenty quid for Will - don't tell him, it's for his birthday on Tuesday 8)

Cant wait for Burghley now!

Julie

PS I have your little Ruby safe and sound, Bunsey - she's absolutely beautiful and a fiesty one - when I opened her cage door to feed her just now, she popped out onto my lap!!!!

souffle
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Glad to hear you had a good day :lol: The weather seems to have been rather kinder today :wink: Did you resist the sales table then? :wink:

I_am_plankton
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
It was a good day, I am off to bed shortly as my head is killing. I got a bit lost on the way home with the sat nav not wanting to head to the M5 North and lost on the way there heading towards country lanes, so me and my dad are going to drive to Gatcombe in a few weeks so he can show me where I should be heading instead of relying totally on the sat nav!

It was lovely to see everyone, help out on sales, have a look around at the Birds of Prey and eat yummy foods hehe

Holly
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh yes, you'd have been proud of me, souffle :P

I was very taken with a Sable Roan (sold to someone not a million miles away - but not Will!), a gorgeous BVH LH Cream boy (sold to a lovely little girl), and a Towy BEW (who didn't sell by the time I left but I was strong).

The Cambridge and a lump of mature cheddar are all I came home with this time :P

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
ruby rubes sounds so brill and really nice and friendly! yey :D

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 01:24 PM

I was very taken with a Sable Roan (sold to someone not a million miles away - but not Will!), a gorgeous BVH LH Cream boy (sold to a lovely little girl), and a Towy BEW (who didn't sell by the time I left but I was strong).

The Cambridge and a lump of mature cheddar are all I came home with this time :P

so proud of you my sweet. I wonder whether I will be so in control at Burghley? (oh apart from I am allowed to bring home the girlie I am going to collect - that doesn't count does it?) :x

Louby
04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Brilliant day again, thankyou guys! :D

Our next show is Blenheim, and I don't think i'll bring my little boy with me this time, so I may actually get to spend more than 10 minutes at a time in the Hamster Tent! :roll:

Lovely to meet you today Holly, I didn't realise that it must have been you until we had already left the tent!

I don't suppose you have anyone to introduce do you Mollz Mum??????????? or did Mollz keep you in line? :lol:

Basia
04-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Oops, one of the above would be me. :oops:

Louby
04-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Oops, one of the above would be me. :oops:

Which one??? Don't leave us in suspense!!! :D

Basia
04-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Well she's a SH sable-roan and her dad is BVH's gorgeous Caffrey.
I have been looking for a SH to go with my creams and sables for a while now - and I do love roans, although I was not going to breed any more because they are difficult for a novice......

souffle
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Congrats Basia on the new addition. Looking forward to meeting her (and Holly's new Chedder :lol: ) Maybe you should call her Stilton :lol:

Louby
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Well she's a SH sable-roan and her dad is BVH's gorgeous Caffrey.
I have been looking for a SH to go with my creams and sables for a while now - and I do love roans, although I was not going to breed any more because they are difficult for a novice......

I wonder if she is Cupcakes sister??

Basia
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I wonder if she is Cupcakes sister??
I've got a feeling she might be. Is Cupcakes mum is called Angostura?

Who did Harry Hamster find on his travels at Gatcombe today?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042608006.jpg

Louby
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Yes! :D

I didn't see any of Cupcakes siblings, as BVH brought Cupcake to Monmouth for me, before she sold the rest of the litter. Mind you...its just as well, as I would have only fallen in love with them too! :roll:

I look forward to photos :wink:

Holly
04-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Oooh brilliant piccy! :x (I'm hoping the big furry hammy comes out at Burghley - my nephew will want to be his minder :wink: ).

I have to say that Basia's Sable Roan is an absolute stunner, I was so happy when she got her because I was having real trouble resisting. If she'd had a Cream Roan sister, she'd be here now :oops:

As it is Cheddar was a bit smelly by the time I got him home :P

I_am_plankton
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Lol what is my photo doing on here?! Lol :oops:

Was lovely to see you all yesterday ^.^

Matty Day
04-27-2008, 10:04 AM
well im back after a lonng hard day. sadly none of my girls went to new homes but i have been asked to bring the whole litter to north somerset :wink:

Mollz Mum
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't suppose you have anyone to introduce do you Mollz Mum??????????? or did Mollz keep you in line? :lol:

No, I behaved myself (with Molly holding the reigns), but as you can see by posts, my little sable roan girl that I wanted went to a very lovely home with one of us, so I wasn't too upset!!

Mollz
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
well im back after a lonng hard day. sadly none of my girls went to new homes but i have been asked to bring the whole litter to north somerset :wink:

I thought there were no sales at North Somerset?

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
i think he means to display them as an example of chinese hamsters :wink:

Matty Day
04-27-2008, 11:29 PM
no im doing an unoffical sale i.e someone wants one and im taking them down to let them choose :x

so the girls will be gone all of them hopefully ( got a few people intrested.

the boys however im running on all five and the three we dont keep will be on the table at blenheim and andover and maybe bath :x