PDA

View Full Version : I can't find Cloud :/

Trent233
10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
A few minutes ago, I saw Vanilla awake, I decided to play with her a little and then accidentally tapped on the sleeping hut, but nothing came out, so I decided to lift the hut and Cloud wasn't there. I decided to check the whole cage and she wasn't there, after that, I skimmed over the house and didn't find her, after failing to find her, I notified my parents and we checked everywhere literally, we checked every space and we couldn't find her. Can anybody help?

The Hamster's family
10-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Right now, she is sleeping I'm about sure... Then she'll need to eat, so place food in the middle of the room (but don't forget to close ALL doors in the house and make sure she can't get thru from nder the doors: you can use rolled up towels). You can also do 'hamster trap'. Use books to make stairs that she can climb up. But very little bites of her favorite treat on almost each step. Then put a container she won't be able to climb out of and put a lot of treat at the bottom... (Kinda like a stairs to 'jump' in the container...) You could also use the cage to attrack her by opening it and placing in in the middle of the room, but since you have another ham, maybe use the used up litter for the smell...

Good luck ! (Don't forget to look around...there's a lot of tricks on this forum !! =)

GhostsInSnow
10-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Another thing to try, at least whilst you're awak is to put her cage somewhere she can get to it (like on the floor) a lot of the time a Ham will come back to somewhere familiar

Flamestriker
10-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Hamsters are not very good at staying quiet. At least none of mine have been. Thats how i have known which room they are in. if you are unsure Set up a bucket trap in each room, that's how I have caught mine, although Peanut ended up in a bin the last time she escaped all by herself.

A bucket trap is that, a pile of books arranged like steps up to a bucket with ham food in the bottom. The escapee walks up the books, smelling the food and falls in but cannot get out. If its a tall bucket put some shredded toilet paper in the bottom to cushion the fall.

sully
10-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope you find her soon!

Lynternette
10-15-2012, 03:06 AM
I hope by the time you read this that you hsve found her.

Trent233
10-15-2012, 02:26 PM
My parents found Cloud in the middle of last night. My mom saw her between the leg of the desk and wall, she tried to "pursuade" her outside the door so that ny dad can grab ahold of her, when my dad caught her, he put her back in her cage.

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Yay !!!! Great new !!!!!! Give her lots of water and treats now !!! ;D

samzyzg
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Thats great to here she is back :)

sully
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Thats really good! Do you know how or where she escaped from?

Lynternette
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
That's great news !

chulasweetchica
10-17-2012, 10:48 AM
She was having fun,they are so sneaky arent they,ours escaped because I left the door open silly me but the next morning my 10yr old got up to get ready for school and saw Alice RIP running around having a grand time so when she came face to face with him after a stare down she tried to take off,silly girl was caught thou....they are so funny!

Trent233
10-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Thats really good! Do you know how or where she escaped from?

I have no idea how she escaped, the door has a "lock" on it, it was closed, the roof should be heavy enough to keep her from pushing it off, and the roof was on too