PDA

View Full Version : Small & Furry Pets magazine

Francescamice
10-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I went into my local Nisa shop yesterday and spotted a small fury magazine thats fairly new. I picked it up at £3.50 and its brilliant, and full of great articles of furries , rodents, rabbits guinea pigs rate etc.
Anubody else read it - I picked up the Autumn issue issue no 4.
let me know what you think of it I am thinking of subscribing.
Fran:)

Silver
10-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I have heard of this magazine but have not seen it myself yet.

Thank's for the heads up

Silver xxx

Vectis Hamstery
10-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I've bought all of the issues so far. The first one I didn't like as it had an awful article about gerbils/hamsters/rats/mice that was very confusing and in places recommending dangerous things, but the editor was very nice in replying to my comments. Since then they have Chris Henwood writing articles about small furries so the quality has improved. I have to say I still prefer my club journal even if it's less shiny, but Small Furry Pets has pretty pictures.

bonkers4hamsters
10-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I really enjoy reading it, there is lots of variety

p_anda
10-13-2012, 01:44 PM
WHSmith also sells it, I bought the first 2 issues

GhostsInSnow
10-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I found this in the big green pet shop today and picked it up.
I loved the story of how Micky Mouse came about and the feature on Spiny Mice.
Haven't read the rest yet but I'm looking forward to next months issue and the feature on creating a bond with your pet.
Wish I'd known about the first 2 issues

Flamestriker
10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I wasn't fussed with the first issue, and I haven't looked at any other issues Since. May be its worth another peek

hammstermommy
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a cool magazine. We have one similar here in the USA. It's called Critters. I like it.

SoapyVP
10-15-2012, 06:06 AM
I got this mag last month and really enjoyed it. Loved reading about Brian the rabbit and the spiny mice looked gorgeous. I've now subscribed.

GhostsInSnow
10-15-2012, 06:31 AM
I loved the Spiny Mice too, I'd love to have some.
I'm thinking of subscribing so I can have a free hamster book