PDA

View Full Version : Snickers pups

Pouches
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I have been handling them, with Snickers supervision of course. I put them on the bed so that I could get a better look at them. Out of the seven five are dark skinned and I'm going to take an educated guess in that they are going to look like Snickers. I don't yet know about the length of their fur yet. The other two are mostly black skinned with a little bit of white around the front shoulders/rear pouch areas. They look like they might be getting reverse banded. Their fur is coming in almost a whitish gray, and one of them is the runt.
All pups seem healthy and there is already one pup who is marginally bigger than the rest, I did a quick sex of the pups by seeing which ones had nipples and which ones did not, as far as I can tell there are three females and four males. Their ears are beginning to stand away from their heads and they are starting to rely less on Snickers to stimulate their bodily functions and a few have stated to "shadow groom" as I like to call it.
I haven't been able to pinpoint which one or ones, but there is definitely a yeller in the bunch. I went to bed Sunday evening at 11 and was awoken at 4 am by almost constant whining and squealing. I didn't manage to get but maybe another half hour of sleep after that. This has occurred every other morning or so, I think it might be a matter of one of the pups not being able to nurse at their convenience.
Snickers has been such a better mother this time around. I cannot believe she is the same hamster, she is very attentive to the pups and doesn't venture far from their nest, which she continually builds and tears down, and rebuilds again. That has been the only nervous behavior she is exhibiting.
I hope to have some pictures soon, I took a few from my cell which I might upload to facebook, and when I do I'll hotlink them here.
\\:D/

StuCil
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Yaay congratulations on your new babies! Looking forward to seeing the pics! It's good to know they're all healthy ;)