PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

pinkneon
10-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I've never actually asked my local petshop where they get their animals from, but was wondering if there is a possibilty that my beautiful Belle may have originally been from a breeder??! Basically, I know that pet shop hammies are usually less tame to begin with. Belle was 8 weeks old when I got her, and I had her out of the cage and fine with me less than 48hours after bringing her home. Also, most pet shop hammies are a little smaller, but Belle weighs just over 200g!! (And anyone who's been following us on here will know that I've had many issues with getting Belle to eat, so she's definitely not being over fed) I also think she has an incredibly cute and chubby butt, but don't tell her that! ;) Anyway, just curious really! Next time I go to that petshop I might ask where they get them from!
And here's a picture of Belle for you all to enjoy :D
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306611_10152199867955347_647652030_n.jpg

The Hamster's family
10-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Cute Belle... and chubby !! ;P'''''''''' =)

pinkneon
10-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Lol ... I tried to weigh her the other day, and the bit she goes in kept falling off the scales each time she moved! So I called her Fattypuff, but she doesn't like that name ...

Knotty
10-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Belle it's Pepsi here!!

My mummy says she thinks I'm a breeder ham too because I'm a podgy bum too!! Mummy says I was out of the box I came in the same day walking around on her and daddy. I even peed on daddy and gave him a little testing nip!!

kyrilliondaemon
10-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Its possible, but Scamp was more tame than I expected and she was from the big green pet store so definetly not from a responsible breeder originally.
She was also er... something like 175g last time we weighed her.

The Hamster's family
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Cute Belle... and chubby !! ;P'''''''''' =)

The petshop where we bought Loulou and Bubble get their hamsters from a breeder... Loulou is very nice and not chubby but got bigger and Bubble... well still working on it for taming and he's still a baby and slim !!

For Mignon, they were breeding them themselves and were hand taming them since they could touch them... He's still very slim... but eats normally and gets treats also...

Lily... well Lily comes from a petshop where the owner doesn't know it's dangerous to breed sisters and brothers togeter... But now she is very well tame ! So there might be many factors involved... She's big also !

Annie xxx

GhostsInSnow
10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Its possible, but Scamp was more tame than I expected and she was from the big green pet store so definetly not from a responsible breeder originally.
She was also er... something like 175g last time we weighed her.

Fudge is from the big green pet store too and she was desperate to be out for cuddles within a couple of hours of being in her new cage. She'd follow me up and down the bars until I opened the door for her and she's only nipped twice. Once at the store because she was scared and once when I poked her by accident when she was asleep. She's quite big too, haven't weighed her but she looks big to me xD
I think maybe, even from the mass breeding places you get some hams that are bigger, healthier and have a better temperament than the others.