PDA

View Full Version : Poppy the Rescue Hamster Update :)

lucyeleanor
10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hello all! I know that many of you were looking forward to good news about Poppy, the hamster which I rescued last Saturday! Here is the original thread. (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-chat/33676-i-rescued-hamster-today-could-upsetting-some.html)

I am delighted to tell you all that she is doing brilliantly! She has gained a lot of weight on a diet of hamster food, baby food, scrambled egg and veg, and she has even stayed all good on the toilet front too! The vet confirmed her good health and amazingly he said that her teeth were at a good length. She has been doing a LOT of chewing since I rehomed her, so clearly she has done all the dental work herself! The vet didn't even charge me for the consultation as she was in such good health. She is ever loving and playful & everybody is smitten with her. Although the cheeky little madam did chew her way out of the carrier half way to the vets!

I have bought her plenty of new toys which are on their way in the post & I have also bought her a 12" flying saucer wheel as a bit of googling suggested that it was one of the best quiet wheels for a syrian. As soon as I can free up some time she will be moving home into a much more spacious bincage just like her sisters Muffin & Crumpet :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HnClfXHsw60/UGy0mEOa0NI/AAAAAAAAFWo/I29LQseIv20/s400/DSCF0056.JPG

Pouches
10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Bravo! Glad to hear that there are more people who are willing to open their home to another hamster. She is very cute also!

TraceyH
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Lovely she is. I'm glad she's doing well.

njwilde
10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Fantastic, that's great news:) What a cute madam she is, and she has already made lasting impression around her, I am sure she ll have the time of her life:grin: Looking forward to hearing more of her...and seeing more pictures...

Jodzie04
10-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Well first off well done to you for taking her in! So lovely that after being treated that badly she is a lovely hamster. So glad she is healthy =)

Pouches
10-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I was reading your other post about her. I was thinking if you are still looking for ways for her to get protein you can try mealworms, chicken, and even some tuna fish. Eggs are a good source as are most nuts. I give mine both shelled, half shelled and whole pecans. Not only is it a great source of protein and other nutrients but when they are in the half or whole shell it helps to wear down their teeth as they try to chew on the shell.