PDA

View Full Version : Mishka the WW might be a hybrid!

Catja
04-20-2008, 10:06 AM
As some of you know, we have a rescue WW called Mishka, he is extremely cage territorial and bites until you get him out of his cage and then he is fine.

Having never had WW before we assumed this was normal, however I had a long chat to Andrew B at Monmouth and its possible Mishka might be a hybrid, he looks like a WW but acts apparently like a typical Campbell, also when he puts on weight he does it at the front not the back!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii131/catja_album/Desi/Miska.jpg

souffle
04-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh well Catya it doesn't matter as he is still a gorgeous boy and a lovely pet and is happy with you :lol:

Catja
04-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh well Catya it doesn't matter as he is still a gorgeous boy and a lovely pet and is happy with you :lol:

Oh no, we think he's great, he is a little psychopath with a very distinct personality - we love him, even if we do spend most of our time dripping blood! :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Catja - dont despair - my little WWs went through stages like this too. At one point we were terrified to put our hands in to give Ice some food and used to dare each other to do it!! :oops:

We changed the cage and everything in it around regularly so that Ice wouldnt feel quite so easily that this was her domain, and whether the psychology worked or not, it certainly cured her. she is absolutely glorious now - the softest thing ever :x

By the way, if Mishka is a hybrid, thats only a problem if you were going to breed of course. Its irresponsible of breeders to do this as it does cause problems (eg my Bubbagump) but they still make wonderful pets. :D

Catja
04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes I've been changing his cage round alot, we've had him about 6 months so he about a year old now.

NaomiR
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't know the difference between a hybrid or a pure breed if it bite me, and my ww often bites me lol

He's really sweet looking though, doesn't look like he could get teritorial although I don't know, the way he's straddling his food bowl, okay I'd watch it too!!