PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my barney!

dan_parsons
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Daisy is going to be so happy in her new home! I hope it comes quickly!

Looking forward to seeing what colour the base it is too, as I don't mind whether it is grey or green!

I have also ordered a wooden wheel and a suspension bridge!

Really excited!

Will now search some pics of the Barneys on here... feel free to post pics if you wish! :)

purple_x
09-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Ooohhh yay, let us know what colour base you get :D

If you look at my most recent thread on here about Cookie you'll see her barney that came today....we got the grey/cream base this time.

FlyLikeAValkyrie
09-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Ooh, Autumn got her new Barney last week! I will say, it is LOVELY! I have never been so happy with a cage! SO worth my money!! I think Daisy will love it :) Autumn certainly loves it!

dan_parsons
09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Ooohhh yay, let us know what colour base you get :D

If you look at my most recent thread on here about Cookie you'll see her barney that came today....we got the grey/cream base this time.

Yeah, I saw that, lovely hamster too! :)

dan_parsons
09-26-2012, 02:07 PM
What size plasti kote bottle/spray will I need for the self, ladder and house?

purple_x
09-26-2012, 02:11 PM
No idea coz I dont plastikote mine.
None of my hams have ever peed on anything they shouldn't so I didn't bother.

dan_parsons
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
No idea coz I dont plastikote mine.
None of my hams have ever peed on anything they shouldn't so I didn't bother.

Actually, Daisy doesn't wee on her plastic shelf in her old cage, so no real reason why she will on this wooden one!

Bekki2308
09-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I plastikote any wood for my rescue hamsters by default so that the wood is protected and it can be disinfected with vanodine easily. Any wood that cannot be painted or cleaned is not used for more than 1 hamster due to risk of the wood harbouring spores or fungal like ringworm.

For my own hams if they are good I dont paint their wood, all of mine are wheel pee'rs so have to have it painted for that reason.

RachK
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Dan you might not need too. Pebbles Barney isn't but she has never peed on the wood. :) It was Cookie's cage first & he didn't either.

dan_parsons
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Dan you might not need too. Pebbles Barney isn't but she has never peed on the wood. :) It was Cookie's cage first & he didn't either.

I have decided to as it will be used for years to come, so in between hamsters it can be cleaned properly :)

dan_parsons
09-29-2012, 07:11 AM
My plasti kote has come so hoping the cage will come this afternoon (unlikely) or Monday so I can paint the shelf and house so she can move in!