PDA

View Full Version : I am keeping fingers crossed..

Spuds Mum
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Last Friday I mated Butterbean my LH REC to Dubaku my Satin LH BEC.

I wasn't going to post about this until pups arrived, because I've been fooled before by these more mature ladies. BB is a year old, and although she has had a litter before (of minks) I suddenly started kicking myself for not producing some gorgeous pups from her as she has good size, type and fur, and even has come higher than Tristar creams in a recent show (proud Mummy showing off).

The plan was to mate her to a REC from Carrington (now Scorpio hams) but I suddenly realised her age and panicked! So Dubaku got the job. I resigned myself to getting BEC with the thought that I could breed back to REC at the next generation.

I'm now really excited as, browsing the new scorpio site, Ive found out that Dubaku's Mum, Hawthorn, is actually REC!! On Dubs's pedigree it just stated cream. This means that we should get 50% BEC and 50% REC in the litter - of course with half of those being satin.

I've also looked at BB tonight at our nightly cuddle and even though she would be only 5 days expectant, am sure she looks bigger in the tummy. Her nipples are also quite visible, which Ive not noticed before. But all this could be wishful thinking. Ive withdrawn her from Saturday's show though just in case.

Anyway, here is a picture of possible Mum and possible Dad and a link to the Scorpio site, which spookily enough, one one page shows Dub's Mum, his sister and the REC that BB was to be mated to!!
:shock:

Mum???

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/hamster_ads/hamster_butterbean_001.gif

Dad??? (not the best pic)

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/hamster_ads/hamster_dubaku_001.gif

and the Scorpio site - cream hamsters
http://www.carringtonhamstercrew.co.uk/creamhamsters.html

Wish me luck guys!

Yaffle
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
oooooh more babies!

Is shame you never got chance to borrow Unique still, I'm sure that BB x Dubs will = gorgeous! :lol:

Matty Day
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
hope it goes well :x

Spuds Mum
04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Well I may just ask sheryl to borrow him until the next show anyway, in case I am wrong about the pregnancy - hmm actually that sounds a bit obsessed.

I think Dubs' Mum and BB are very similar looking though so we may get some v nice hamsters out of it - and they both have very good lines.

Anyways - time will tell :D

Jane
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Hope it goes well :D Hopefully she is pregnant :D

Mollz
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
That's brilliant news Teresa. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I'm sure the babies will be gorgeous :D

Gust0o
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Indeed, fingers all crossed for this one! :)

babyboos
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM
everything crossed for you all

Bunsey
04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
ooh, fingers crossed! can't wait to see babbas! :D

Hammihog
04-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Good luck with the babies :D Mum and Dad are both gorgeous :D

Holly
04-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Sounds lovely :)

Any sign of pregnant lady behavious from the Butts then? :wink:

Basia
04-18-2008, 12:47 AM
You already know I think this is a great move. I really hope she is pregnant - I think you will be a very happy foster mum to those babes. :D

agatecrystal
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Good luck! :D

cloptonite
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
This forum is great for people like me, who love to see lot's of different hamsters,of all ages and colours!!
Congrats from me Terasa, hope all goes well :)

Mollz Mum
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Ooh great news Teresa, more babies (hopefully).

Hope it all goes well, both mum and dad are lovely, so I'm sure babies will be gorgeous!

Spuds Mum
04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Sounds lovely :)

Any sign of pregnant lady behavious from the Butts then? :wink:

camera batteries on charge for tomorrow, so I cant show you the fact that BB has moved her whole finacard litter around and in her gabber shelf, has pulled the ladders away and tried to add them to the pile and is now water bottle chewing! :roll:

Yesterday (the reason I posted really) was I was convinced that i could see nipples and a bump, and I think I see them today, but I am trying to accept that may just be wishful thinking as she is a big girl anyway, and has previously had a litter.

thanks for everyones comments - neither photo really does Mum or Dad justice, but Im pleased you think we would have some nice pups. just need Mum to do her bit now!

Time will tell I guess!