PDA

View Full Version : Any Hamster breeders in Ontairo, Canada?

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
08-31-2012, 04:54 AM
I am looking for a good breeder with some Syrian hamsters.
But, I can't find any in my area that is still running! So can some one help me find a breeder any where here in Ontario, Canada

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Any one? please.

Mikayla
09-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Honestly, you're wasting your breath.

Breeders in North America are far and few between.

cathface
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I thought you already have four hamsters, one of which is new addition. why are you looking to get another already?

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I thought you already have four hamsters, one of which is new addition. why are you looking to get another already?

No, sorry If I confused you I want to get one in a while maybe a few years because I would like to show him or her :)

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
09-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Honestly, you're wasting your breath.

Breeders in North America are far and few between.

.. Don't understand.

cathface
09-11-2012, 03:22 PM
what Mikayla is saying is that there are very few decent breeders in the North American continent. I don't think I've heard of any from Canada, and only a handful in the USA.

kyrilliondaemon
09-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah... In the UK most of us have a breeder within an hour or two of driving but I think I've only heard of two reputable breeders in the entire of the US... If there are more it won't be many I'm afraid :(

I'm glad this is all for a future ham though :)

Lougarry
09-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Here is someone's attempt to list breeders in North America. No idea how old it is, how ethical the breeders are or if they are still in business, but there are a couple listed in Ontario (Canada is right at the bottom).
http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/woodview_hamstery/breeders.html

Has anyone on HC heard of any of these breeders? Any feedback?

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
09-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Here is someone's attempt to list breeders in North America. No idea how old it is, how ethical the breeders are or if they are still in business, but there are a couple listed in Ontario (Canada is right at the bottom).
http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/woodview_hamstery/breeders.html

Has anyone on HC heard of any of these breeders? Any feedback?

Thanks, but the only website that worked was not running any more as the date of birth for his or hers hamsters in 2003

Lougarry
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
What a shame :(

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
What a shame :(

I know D: :( .

Jessie
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Where in ontario do you live? like general idea? I know a few people around here..

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Where in ontario do you live? like general idea? I know a few people around here..

I live in Ottawa, I would be willing to travel a few hours.

Jessie
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm like 7 hours from you.. Everyone I know is :/

samzyzg
10-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I understand the frustration, there are no nhc breeders in scotland (at least according to their list) and of 2 that I know from the forum who seem to be good I don't think one is currently doing anything and the other has very few litters in the year. I think I'm going to be sticking to rescuing rather than trying to find a good breeder. Sorry I can't really help, just thought I'd sympathise with your problem.

pinkneon
10-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Wait I'm confused too ... It's a future ham (you said in a few years) so why are you looking now?

Angel_Cookie_Vanilla
10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Wait I'm confused too ... It's a future ham (you said in a few years) so why are you looking now?

I said next year, I think. I am looking because when it's time to get one I will be searching a long time, it's better to find one earlier then never.