PDA

View Full Version : Irrationally worried

September
08-26-2012, 07:33 AM
My chihuahua, Sophie is scheduled to be spayed tomorrow. I'm nervous though.. What if she doesn't love me anymore?? I know it's an irrational fear, as we've had all our dogs spayed/neutered, and we've kept quite a few dogs over the years. None of them were 'changed' by it. But chihuahuas, as anyone whose had one knows, are 'one-person dogs'. And for the first time ever, I'm the 'one person' whose most loved. Example: She does this adorable little thing where if I go la la laaa, she'll throw her head back and 'sing' with me. So cute! And she won't do it with anyone else, even my mom. :mad: But what if afterwards, she decides she hates me for letting that happen to her, and never cuddles/plays/sings with me again??

Sandti
08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
She's not going to understand whats happened to her. Everything is going to be fine. Dogs love is unconditional.

Even owners that severely abuse their animals get fearful love. You don't need to worry x

September
08-26-2012, 08:10 AM
It's wonderful to hear-er, read-someone else saying that, since I've been worrying about this all weekend. I don't know though. I probably won't stop worrying until the stitches come out and it's just a distant memory in her lil brain lol