PDA

View Full Version : New Bunny : )

debs
08-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, am sure Most of you know i all ready have a female Bunny Named Might whos a mini lop cross, anyway someone my mum knew was giving away a male rabbit who had the snip and wonderd if she knew anybosy she took him. am planing on bonding him with her so any tips would be great anyway pics of him hes a lion head cross but unsure what hes a cross with all so need a name for the wee fella : )

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Debs9019/6073_4414870450909_1640497199_n.jpg

PandaBaby
08-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Awwwww sooooooo cute..good luck with a name =D

My suggestions will all be anime/manga names >.<

Nuri
08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh my goodness, I love bunnies. <3 I used to breed little ones, since everyone loves bunnies around here and there's only one good breeder (there's one again, as we were forced to move from our awesome large place. He bought our bunnies, and I help him out every once in awhile). I would name him Smoke or something, cause the way his colors mesh. He's so flipping adorable I can not explain. <3

FlyLikeAValkyrie
08-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Aww, I love him! :D So fluffy..hehe!

debs
08-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Thank you :D im not sure what too call him tho =/ his name was "big Rab" lmaoo

Kirsty1987
08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
How about naming him after one of the rabbits out of watership down?
pipkin
silver
buckthorn
bluebell
nightshade
Butterbur
Hyzenthlay
Blackavar
The list goes on..... lol

Michelle89
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Awwww soo very cute Debs :) xxxxx

purple_x
08-25-2012, 02:28 PM
He's gorgeous.

Is that a pic you've taken or was it taken before he got to you?
I'm only asking because sawdust/wood shavings are really bad for bunnies.

As for bonding you should check out the rabbits united forum as there are plenty of people who can give you much better advice than I could ( I always get other people to bond my rabbits!)

Flamestriker
08-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I have never had a rabbit. This is a silly question but what are they like to keep as pets? Are they as daft and energetic as hamsters? Or do they sit around all day like guinea pigs do and munch?

I have seen several which are really cute, and I have wondered what they are like. I also don't want to sound mean to bunnies, but I have never seen them doing much.

Younr017
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I was in charge of bonding rabbits at my work expirence , they started by having an cage in side a cage hutch thing - they were in kennels as it was a rescue ! With the bunts separated of course so they could get use to each others smell and swapping them round occasionally - to make sure it's fair and makes it quicker , short and quick introductions were used for r 2 bunnys in a big area so they can avoid each other if needed , after they'd done this for a period of times they introduced walks where u put them both in the say cage and walk /drive around with them, sounds mean but Apperently the stress helps them bond slightly quicker , sorry if this is wrong it's just what the cat and rabbit had us do .....

Any way good luck , he's such a handsome bunny , hope all goes well c

debs
08-25-2012, 03:40 PM
He's gorgeous.

Is that a pic you've taken or was it taken before he got to you?
I'm only asking because sawdust/wood shavings are really bad for bunnies.

As for bonding you should check out the rabbits united forum as there are plenty of people who can give you much better advice than I could ( I always get other people to bond my rabbits!)

i dont normaly use sawdust for my rabbit or hammies as my bunny is free face in the house, i normaly use finecard but run out and only had sawdust i chance it now and just put STraw down in till i get more bedding : ]

debs
08-25-2012, 03:43 PM
I have never had a rabbit. This is a silly question but what are they like to keep as pets? Are they as daft and energetic as hamsters? Or do they sit around all day like guinea pigs do and munch?

I have seen several which are really cute, and I have wondered what they are like. I also don't want to sound mean to bunnies, but I have never seen them doing much.

there really loving pets my other rabbit might likes getting pettyed on the floor hates getting picked up tho but this little dude doesnt seem too mind i think it coz he never got alot of handle too start with there kicks can be pretty powerful at times no they like too put up and about noseing places a tho u need too bunny proof ur room/ house and they love too chew

debs
08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
i heard that about the cat, hes in midnights old cage just now and she goes about and sniffs him and he sniffs her, they both lie side by side when hes in the cage & shes out.