PDA

View Full Version : what roughly do you spend on your pets a month?

Call me Alison
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
hi everyone....

i hope knowbody minds me asking this but i was wondering roughly what you spend a week on all your pets at a rough guess i think i spend on basic stuff, food, bedding, substrate

£5 on the cats (they wont touch treats not even chicken, there very odd lol)
£6 on the piggies (fleece bedding which is saving me loads)
£6 on the hams and mice

not including all the treats toys etc which i would say is an extra £10-20 sometimes more :)

TITLE SHOULD OF BEEN A WEEK SORRY!

HammieandMerlin
08-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Ummm,
I spend about
$10.00 a month on Gus
Around $20.00/month on Merln
and likely $15.00 on the hams
This of course can change depending on who needs what food when, or if Gus breaks his wheel like he just did, and if Merlin gets new fleece stuff. Since we just got Boo this month has been roughly $120 for everyone I would say, at least

HamsterMummy
08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
I spend on average £10 a week on my dog's food and treats and £5 on my hammies (wood shavings, treats, chew toys) I buy my hamster food every 2 months as I get a huge bag of food for £10:)

Call me Alison
08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
i never even thought about adding when they break things, vets, i think i spend more than i thought i did!! xx

Flamestriker
08-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't know because it varies. This week I have spent about £250 including toys, platforms. More toys, two Alexander's, a 29cm karlie wheel, 5 pots of plastikot paint, a brush, fully restocked with treats, and Peanut herself.

Some weeks I don't spend a penny.

Call me Alison
08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't know because it varies. This week I have spent about £250 including toys, platforms. More toys, two Alexander's, a 29cm karlie wheel, 5 pots of plastikot paint, a brush, fully restocked with treats, and Peanut herself.

Some weeks I don't spend a penny.

can i be your hamster lol x

Flamestriker
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't think Squeak will share that sentiment when she's put in to her Alexander on Sunday. She's already sulking at the loss of her iMac fantasy.

Leesha
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Hmm. Hamster ..we have everything so I only really have to buy things every 2 months :D but this month I have spent about £35 on her :) rabbits.. £40+ on hay every 2 months, food is £7 for Poppy's SS mature and the other buns have normal SS which lasts 3 months for £6.

Vet bills.. So far this year the rabbits have cost over £500 and but only August so it will be considerably more by the end of the year :)

Whoever said rabbits were cheap needs to do some research :lol:

gellerbing
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
probably around £10 a month, its usually more including treats and toys but my partner might be losing his job so were on a tight budget at the moment

GhostsInSnow
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Ummm, I'm not sure.
I use the same substrate in Fudges cage as I do in the mouse cage so £5 a week since a bag does both cages.
£3 for a onths worth of bedding for both
A bag of food probably lasts them a month so about £3 for the mice and £3 for Fudge
Say about £5 a fortnight/month on treats
And then there's toys. I bought the mice a flying saucer in the week which was £7 but they have everything now.
Fudge probably gets the most spent on her.
I've probably spent £80-£100 on Fudge and I've only had her for just under 3 weeks...oops xD
And then there's pet safe disinfectant and sponges and stuff
They're worth it though.
When everything is settled down, it'll probably work out to around £30-£40 a month between them. (Not including any vet trips)

That doesn't include the puppies, rabbits or rats but I don't pay for those so they don't count xD

kyrilliondaemon
08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah it varies a lot for us. We buy food every few months so thats not often, do the same with substrate and bedding is even rarer. Treats we have loads so rarely buy more and the same goes for toys. Cages/carry cases are our main expenditure and thats obviously not really a regular thing either if we can help it. (Vets are fortunately quite rare and thats all I can think of.) This week we've spent er... £12 + £2 on them so £14. Last week we spent nothing at all. A while before that we spent over £100 in two days...

danni02
08-17-2012, 10:04 PM
humm well the cat gets about £15 a week in food and treats. he has a high quality food as the fussy bugger wont eat anything else.
harry gets about £35 a month.

September
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Let's see here..

P/week on a normal week (vet visits and broken things aside)

Dogs-$25
Cats-$10
Mice-$5

So $40/week, typically :)

Jessie
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
I Don't spend much but my babies are spoiled. I live on a farm so they get every bodies treats lol. I mix my own food and buy a separate pre-mixed hamster food as a base. I probably spend about $15.00 a month between the Spiny mice and the Hamsters.. Unless they need something extra.. But I pay like $8.00 for 5 pounds of food from the local feed store so it's pretty good. We eat a ton of veggies and have chickens so they get eggs and fresh veggies that way.. :P So probably about $15.00 a month.. so like $4.00 a week?