PDA

View Full Version : Baby rice

Mollz
04-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I saw a box of baby rice today (45p for a fairly large box) and thought I'd give it a go with the hams tonight.

I just made it up in a ratio of 2 teaspoonfuls of baby rice (they recommended 1, but it was really thin so I added another):10 teaspoonfuls of lactol (already made up with water) and voila! All of the hamsters wolfed it down faster than anything else and seemed to really enjoy it - so if you haven't tried it before then I would go out and buy some :D

Jane
04-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Ooh, I'm interested now. Think I might get some. Will the box last for a while? (ie not go off that quickly?). Where did you get it from? Do most places sell it I wonder?

Mollz
04-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Yep its dated for 1 year and a half. I got mine from a place called "Instore" - it's one of those cheap household places - but I imagine you can get it anywhere that sells baby food.

After seeing my lots' reactions I would definitely say it's worth a try!

Louby
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Most places sell baby rice, you should be able to buy it in any supermarket.

Jane
04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Thank you - I'll go look for it sometime in the next week. :D

Spuds Mum
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Noname loves it Jane, along with other baby foods and baby cereal. He also likes Farley's rusks...
...I'm always expecting someone to ask me when the baby is due when I go shopping - there is usually more baby food in my trolley than food for us human adults!
No wonder my Rose is such a long skinny girl - I never feed her! :shock:

Jane
04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Noname loves it Jane, along with other baby foods and baby cereal. He also likes Farley's rusks...

Oh, I'll look for those when we next go shopping then :D I already buy baby food occasionally for Charlie so that will be okay :wink: (oh, and noname might not be noname anymore - I have a name for him now :lol: Not sure whether it will be stick but I like it)

babyboos
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
it is cheapest in Poundstrechers/Instores just now (talking as someone who buys it for human and hamster babies so I do a lot of comparison shopping for baby food) but do bear in mind it is just ground rice at the end of the day so get that if you can it usually works out cheaper /kg
Asda are doing great deals on baby jars 8 for £3.50/£4.50 depending on size