PDA

View Full Version : Handgel ? when handling Campbells

chase
04-13-2008, 08:08 AM
What handgel is it mentioned that helps stop campbells biting your bare hands . I need to get some ASAP.

Spuds Mum
04-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I dont know if it stops Campbells Chase, but we use cuticura when taming our syrian pups - just to get rid of any smells etc. and to ensure that our hands are free of bacteria.

A small bottle lasts for ages - and can be bought from Tescos - near the soaps in the toiletry aisle! :wink:

Hope that helps

04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh no Emma! Does this mean you're having problems??? :( I SO want you to have a good experience with a Campbell.

At this rate I'm going to drive back down to yours and bring Jason my wonderboy with me so you can see what adorable little balls of fluff Campbell's can be! I took him to the vet this morning to have a "hamster manicure" and everyone in the place fell in love with him. :)

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 01:25 PM
I was using handgel with my Campbells but found they were biting me more with it!

I use plain soap and water now and pray that they won't bite! They rarely do now and have gotten used to me more :)

I suggest using a mild soap :)

chase
04-13-2008, 01:29 PM
The male I told u about is ok but then fell in love with 2 girls and 1 of them really bites but she is only a baby. thought as she was so tiny that it wouldnt hurt but am determined not to go back to wearing my sons footie gloves that I wore with my last campbells. The biting not brken skin just makes my eyes water a bit. :shock: Blew gently on her nose today when she bit hard, bless her & she looked a bit stunned but hasnt bitten again since , fingers crossed.I am not frightend of them this time like last 2.

This to East London Chick forgot 2 put quote

Leon
04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Fwiw I tried handling my new rescue Campbells earlier after using lemon sanitizer. He's never bitten so far but that made him nibble - perhaps soap and water is best!