PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with my hamster

CToal
08-13-2012, 08:22 AM
My hamster over the last week has became lethargic. I have had him out his cage trying to get him to run around either in his ball or whilst I have been playing with him. usually he is very energetic however over this week he has been sleeping during the day and at night unless I have him out to try and get him active. he isn't drinking much water or eating much food yet seems to have put on weight. I have now noticed that one eye is closed as-well. i have looked into different foods that hamsters are aloud and have tried a few different things to see if it has been his food even though i have not changed this from when i first got him. can any one tell me what may be wrong with him ?? hes not an old hamster by any means. thank you.

Silver
08-13-2012, 08:29 AM
It sounds like a vet visit to get him checked out. Going off food & drink is one of the first signs something could be wrong.

Silver xxx

CToal
08-13-2012, 08:38 AM
was hoping to avoid this as I am a student and am strapped for cash at the minute but needs must, thanks. was worried before and really worried now with a reply like that x

Silver
08-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Try not to worry,

Easy said then done I know. Let us know how you get on

Silver xxx

CToal
08-13-2012, 09:00 AM
will do hopefully just a cold or something

Silver
08-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Could well be

Silver xxx

purple_x
08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
If you're a student can you get free/cheap vet treatment at an RSPCA/Blue cross/PDSA?
Worth checking out.

CToal
08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I will have a look into this thanks. I have gave him warm milk and cleaned his eye with slightly salted water seems a bit better tanks for both you help