PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!

alisond
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
OMG!!

I was in the kitchen as usual, did the dishes then i had a peek at the hams, to see if any were up yet and ready to come out.

Cotton was on his top floor beside his bed LYING ON HIS SIDE - MOTIONLESS AND MOUTH OPEN!! My heart almost stopped i got such a fright! He honestly looked dead and tears rushed to my eyes.

I went to find my partner, i was too much in shock to open the cage.

My partner opened the top and Cotton jumped up!! The relief i felt was amazing.

I've never seen a ham do that before, could he have been too warm? He usually sleeps inside his bed area (imac fantasy).

I can't believe how happy i feel now i know he's ok!

Silver
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
They love to scare us don't they!

Yes Cotton was too hot. Hams sometimes lay in the open when hot to cool down

Silver xxx

Louby_84
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Glad he's OK.

Is this the case with all hambo's when they are too warm???

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
08-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh I have had this happen before! I found Thistle lying belly up in her cage mouth open and motionless (she's really fat so you cant see her breathing) and I called her name over and over and she didn't respond, it wasn't until I poked her that she jumped awake with a cross squeak! :lol: They are naughty little devils! Glad Cotton was just playing around :)

alisond
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I've had lots of hams and have never come across it before so it was really scary!

At least now ive seen it, i wont be as terrified next time.

Silly boy, he really did scare me.

jesselle
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
hahaha... that sounds scary! it's heating up again in the uk though so i guess our hams will suffer a bit :(

i've noticed my dwarves are less active and take more breaks from running. too hot!

lorrapaw
08-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Yes my felix has been a lot quieter and staying up less, poor wee souls lol.

Call me Alison
08-10-2012, 02:57 AM
my Chinese Jerry did this a couple of weeks ago, just lying on his back in the sandbath, it really did scare me! xxx

MissGSFL
08-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Buttons has been doing this lots and causing lots of panic :(

But it has really heated up again in the UK, so all the pets are suffering a little :(

jesselle
08-10-2012, 03:10 AM
i love the hot weather but i don't love how warm my flat gets! poor hams.

Lynternette
08-10-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm lucky as my hammies room is cool. Even now they have the heating on for an hour just to warm their room up first thing. The rest of the house is hot and there they are, lovely and cool.

Arraminta
08-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Smudge does this from time to time and it frightened the life out of me when I saw him just lying there in the open... He was quite happy tho think he was just having a "excuse the phrase!!! "cat nap"!!!!

Arraminta x

Knotty
08-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Awh this has happened to me before!! Peps does it, she lays on her back with her paws up like dogs do when they want a belly rub!! It is usually when they're hot so I wouldn't worry, just make sure your ham has the oppurtunity to move to a cooler spot and make sure they have cool water :)