PDA

View Full Version : Burghley House Display 3rd-5th May

Holly
04-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Who's going and which day/s? :)

We definitely are (not far from us) but I'm not sure which day/s yet as we are meant to be going to Legoland for Will's birthday as well that weekend. I'm happy to help out if I'm needed, will decide which day ASAP.

Yaffle
04-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm definately going, on the 3rd I think. I'm happy to help too :D

Holly
04-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Excellent, Yaffle, see you there - we may well be there on the 3rd (possibly also the 5th) :)

Mollz Mum
04-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Nearly 3 hours - Sorry Molly, just a little too far for us!

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 01:45 AM
It's too far for me, and Pete is only planning a very small display for this one.

It's also the same weekend as North Somerset which is the Monday hehe :)

Spuds Mum
04-13-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm going, probably on 3rd, as we pick up our little smoke pearl girlie from Pete at this show (and we've waited 'patiently' :oops: for so long for her)...
.....cue some smoke pearl and dark grey tortoiseshell pups soon if we are lucky :x

Holly
04-14-2008, 02:26 AM
It's too far for me, and Pete is only planning a very small display for this one.

I wonder if he needs any help then?

Spuds Mum
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Well Im sure Arti and I will be happy to do anything if he does need it Holly.

Are you contacting him? If so, feel free to offer our services :x

Yaffle
04-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Does anyone know if there's a show at Burghley or is it just a display?

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 05:31 AM
just a display me thinks

Yaffle
04-22-2008, 05:35 AM
oh that's a shame I thought there was a show on the Saturday :?

Gust0o
04-22-2008, 05:49 AM
First I've heard of this!

If we're all going, I'll be tempted :)

Yaffle
04-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Did I not mention this show to you on Saturday?

Sorry I thought I had :D

Spuds Mum
04-22-2008, 06:34 AM
I may be losing Bramble's Dad again, as Holly and I may go together giving him some 'Bramble's Dad' time.

Mind you he may come too, as we were thinking that he could actually do his thing at Burghley! :wink:

Tammy22
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I think i might try and make this one if you are all goin to be there :) , it's a 4 hour round trip though :?

I have never been to a Display before, what actually goes on during the day? and what time do things start / finish etc.?

Tammy x

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
not to be rude, but it's really dull if you're not actually assisting with sales or advice :oops:

i wouldn't bother with one unless it was right near you or you wanted to help out. i'm rubbish with talking to people so it's not for me.

internet_nobody
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Its not too far from me. Which day would be best to help? I've never been to just a display before, is the "take down" on Monday when it closes? As I imagine lots of hands would be needed then (can't offer to help set up as I have to work on Friday).

Yaffle
04-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Is it definately just the display then, no show?

Tammy22
05-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Can anyone let me know what happens at a 'Display' please?

I am thinking about attending this one, but just wandered what happens thoughout the day?

Thanks,

Tammy x

internet_nobody
05-01-2008, 02:11 AM
There's sales, some hamsters to look at/show the public, the public ask questions etc.

Holly
05-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I actually really enjoyed Gatcombe last week - if you like talking hamsters constantly and helping keen members of the public (they were all brilliant last week) then you'll enjoy it.

There's also usually stuff like the owl rescue people, bird of prey flying, ferret racing, loads of stalls of crafts and stuff, food, rides for the kids etc etc.

I'm bringing my babies for Chris and Pete to look at and also to get them used to car journeys - so if anyone fancies a cuddle with them :wink:

internet_nobody
05-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Ooh yay babies to poke! I'd like to cuddle the gorgeous sables please :P

I never thought of bringing my babies for cuddles - wasn't sure how much room there'd be!

05-01-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm coming!! My first ever show/display....Holly has convinced me that its definitely worth the 4 hour round trip as I can pick out my little sable baby! :D Can't wait for Sat now!

Tammy22
05-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh ELC!!! We can finally meet!! I might be coming to this display!!

Yayyyyy!!

:oops:

Tammy x

05-01-2008, 04:05 AM
Oh yes Tammy, you must come! I'm tempted to bring Sylvester and her babies so I can get some help sexing them but they'll only be 3.5 weeks old this weekend so I guess that's a little too young still?

internet_nobody
05-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Oh yes Tammy, you must come! I'm tempted to bring Sylvester and her babies so I can get some help sexing them but they'll only be 3.5 weeks old this weekend so I guess that's a little too young still?

Ooh bring them, i'm going on Saturday and I would love to meet them :D 3.5 weeks is tricky on a robo, but do-able...ish...

If I bring the Little Mysters then we should all be able to identify each other by babies :P

Tammy22
05-01-2008, 04:35 AM
I was going to come on Monday :(

might try to make it on the saturday though :)

Yes, i would love to see your babies ELC, I could bring my Robo babies too!

Might be able to sex them at 3.5 weeks, but i wouldnt be able to say 100%, especially if you have late developers (boys) - i always hang onto mine until they are 7 or 8 weeks old, just to be on the safe side and 100% sure!!

Tammy x

Bourne Valley Hams
05-01-2008, 05:18 AM
There's sales, some hamsters to look at/show the public, the public ask questions etc.

I don't think there will be any sales at this display.
It is just a very small display basically being run by Pete and Chris (with a little help). I know they sold out at Gatcombe last week so have no babies for sale - plus Mark and I are busy elsewhere so there will be no cages or accessories for sale.
It will be purely a club promotion, educating the public type display.

Spuds Mum
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
We are going Saturday - and will insist on a cuddle from the grandkids Holly!! :D

Yaffle
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
unfortunately I'm no longer going to this display, the OH has a footy match and it's a bit far really - him talking not me! :roll:

On the upside, I have convinced him to take me to Blenheim so hopefully will see some of you there! :D

05-02-2008, 02:50 AM
[quote="internet_nobody":99c6dfk4]There's sales, some hamsters to look at/show the public, the public ask questions etc.

I don't think there will be any sales at this display.
It is just a very small display basically being run by Pete and Chris (with a little help). I know they sold out at Gatcombe last week so have no babies for sale - plus Mark and I are busy elsewhere so there will be no cages or accessories for sale.
It will be purely a club promotion, educating the public type display.[/quote:99c6dfk4]

I'm a bit gutted that there won't be a sales table at Burghley. I have an empty Gabber sitting next to my desk at work (last one from the Pet Corner that was delivered while I've been on leave - just back in the office today) and I have a BURNING DESIRE to buy a hamster to fill it. Right now!! I was really hoping that there's be a sales table. I'm now thinking of stopping off at Wood Green Animal Rescue at Godmanchester on the way back to London after Burghley and rescuing a little hamster as I don't think I can manage a whole weekend with an empty Gabber!!

Tammy22
05-02-2008, 02:58 AM
My car desparately needs fixing, only just made it to Alcester and i still havent got it fixed yet :oops: , so if i do make it to this display, i will have to get my Husband to bring me in his work van :( - beggars can't be choosers i suppose :roll:

Anyway, he has to do a few things before he can take me, so i was wondering what time everyone is going to be there till, the only reason i am going really is to meet up with everyone, so i just want to know if it's worth going, as we will probably get there at about 1pm - ish!!

So will you all still be there, or will i be there on my own? :(

Also, is it possible to park near the hamster tent, or not?

Sorry bout all the questions :oops:

Tammy x

05-02-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm hoping to be there around 10ish (depending on traffic and how many times I get lost) as I know Holly said she and Will be will there around 9am.

I'm aiming to leave around 2pm (to give me time to get to the rescue as they close at 4pm) so I'll still be there to meet you Tammy!!

internet_nobody
05-02-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm intending to get there around 9ish too, at other country shows if you park in the exhibitor car park you're there til the end so i'll still be there I would have thought!

ELC I think you have a very serious hamster problem, which you must keep quiet about or I think my OH will force me to give you some of the little WW boys who are staying with me, no matter how many times he mentions rehoming or sales...

05-02-2008, 03:20 AM
I_N, you mean I might be forced to take home some Ornlets??? Now that would be traumatic....I guess I'd just have to find a way to cope, ha ha!! :wink:

Holly
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
See you all tomorrow then! :)

I'm off to bed now so I can drag myself out of bed at 7am in order to get there before you have to pay to get in, the things we do on our weekends off :? :P

Tammy22
05-03-2008, 03:58 AM
I am so gutted :cry:

i cant make it to this display now!!

My husband has just got back from work - far too late to try and make it to the display on time :(

Must get my car fixed and get to future shows - without relying on other people :(

I am going to be so jealous hearing about the fun everyone had there today!

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
05-03-2008, 10:30 AM
So sorry you didnt make it Tammy, it was a very small display though, and not many of the regulars made it.
I did meet ELC for a little while, and Internet_Nobody and Holly were also there.
Weather was great - but I have to admit Im shattered now, I've no idea where Pete and Chris get their energy! :D

internet_nobody
05-03-2008, 12:31 PM
It was a pretty good day all in all! Chatted to lots of people (lost count of the number of times I was asked "ah, are they gerbils?"), Holly and I got to show off our babies in the playpen. Hopefully people will pop in on other days to give Chris and Pete a bit of a break.

Holly
05-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I've no idea where Pete and Chris get their energy! :D

Me neither - am exhausted :?

Brilliant day, lovely seeing Spud, Arti, IN, ELC and partner - and of course Chris and Pete, the human dynamos 8)

I had a rather stressful child-vomiting-in-dad's-new-car-he'd-lent-us-for-the-day-incident - aaarrgghhhh :?

Other than that, fab day and I'm proud of our litter and IN's for putting up with being picked up all day!

05-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I had a great time. It was my first ever display and I loved it! It was so nice to meet people....and of course to see Holly and IN's beautiful babies. And have a great demo in hamster manicures from Chris! I wish I'd taken a bigger handbag as there's no way I could have smuggled a baby or two out in the bag I took. :wink:

And I managed to maintain control at Wood Green on the way back and NOT come home with any more rescues! Impressive, eh?

Tammy - I'm sure we'll see you very soon! Are you able to come to Blenheim?