PDA

View Full Version : Does Harlie not like houses ??

mylilchichi
08-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I just brought my lil guy Harlie home Thursday afternoon after putting him in his bin cage he was active playing and exploring all day and Ive noticed he would rather sleep behind his igloo house instead of in it.He also has another lil house he could sleep in if he wanted.Is this normal for him to nest out in the open ? He has even come out and slept in the middle all stretched out :) Just wondering should I still leave it in for a while incase he wanted to sleep in it or should I take it out to give him even more playing room ? Also how many things to play with should he have in his cage,is there a such thing as too much ? Its not overcrowed just want to make sure its enough.Should I take out and replace toys every so often or would he get annoyed by this ?:confused:

PinkPrincess
08-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Some hams prefer open nests to houses, if you have given him the choice and he doesn't seem to want to nest in his house I'd take it out and leave him to make an open nest. Just make sure he has plenty of bedding so he can make a cosy nest. :) As for toys, I change the toys in Boo Bear's cage round every few weeks so he doesn't get bored :)

Arraminta
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
As pink princess says some hammys prefere open nests!! My cinnamon changes her mind sometimes sleeping in her house & sometimes in a nest she makes behind the house!! It's nothing to worry about..

Fantastic idea re: toy rotation? I think I will try that..

Arraminta x

mylilchichi
08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
thanks guys :) he does have plenty of bedding so i'll take it out & see how he does :)