PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to open the nest at 18 days

Matty Day
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I have finally got my dads agreement to help me move them up here tomorrow night or Friday.

I will of course give Athena ball time while I do the move would it be ok to open the nest up at this time ang give them all a handle while getting my dad to handle Athena. As because he has refused to help me move the tank I cant handle them as there is no safe space. And he will moan if I set up a play pen on the rug as he afraid they will wee on it.

to my relief as i want to keep my beedy eye on them and acustomize them further to tv noise.

i cant wait to handle them and im furouis i havent been allowed to do so yet :?

Holly
04-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Well if they are 18 days and all eyes are open and mum is getting some all important "me time" I think handling them now is an excellent idea, Matty :)

I cleaned out the whole of my cage except the nest at 16 days last time, and then did the nest area a couple of days later with no problems at all.

Yaffle
04-10-2008, 05:21 AM
I would think at 18 days they are plenty old enough for a cuddle, bet you can't wait! :D

Spuds Mum
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Awww I think it is a great time to handle them Matty - and good that you are going to do it where they will be safe and sound.

Hope they all enjoy the cuddles as much as you do :D