PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a straight black Male Syrian?

sarahh
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi Everyone following on from my post about Mya I would really like to buy a straight black syrian male so that I can breed with Mya to carry on the Dom spot. Therefore I would know the genes of the male hamster.

If not could I borrow a straight black male at some point to breed with.

I live in Kent.

Can anyoone help?

Sarah x

souffle
04-08-2008, 11:26 AM
You could try contacting the secretaries of Midland (Sue!) and Southern Clubs to see if they could put you in touch with a breeder with blacks maybe in your area. If you could manage to get to a show you may be able to talk to people and book one from an upcoming litter. Not sure if Basia might have blacks in Posh's litter as I think she said both parents carried black so there may be some black pups. How old is Mya now? She should be around 4-7 months for a first litter ideally about 5. I think you are being very wise looking for a male of known history for her :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
04-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately in Kent you are a bit out of the way for most breeders. We certainly don't have anyone in Kent on the NHC breeders register so you will probably need to travel.
Sue.

Gust0o
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Ami_j, on this forum, had a Black Male available - I don't know it's pedigree, but it would be worth enquiring.

sarahh
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi Souffle and Sue thanks for your quick replies. Mya is 9 weeks old yesturday. I won't be breeding with her till she is 5 months old as I want her to have time to be a baby and do the things she wants. Travelling further a field is a sturggle for me as I have joint problems. I really hope I can get one from somewhere.

sarahh
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Gust0o thanks for that will send her a pm. I'm not worried whether its pedigree or not just a black male will be fine.

Sarah x

Gust0o
04-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh, then she may well be the perfect solution! :)