PDA

View Full Version : Which toys?

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 03:09 AM
I have about £10 to spend on toys for Minnie- they cannot be ones that clip or screw onto cage bars, and nor can they be especially enormous (but they can be fairly large)... which ones from this page would people reccomend?
Cheap UK Hamster Toys, Gerbil Toys, Mouse Toys, Hamster accessories and more : Online UK Pet Accessories, UK Pet Supplies, Rat, ferret, chinchilla, hamster, rabbit, guinea pig, cat, dog and horse products with FAST UK Delivery! (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/small-animals-hamsters-mice-gerbils-toys-c-23_84_133.html?page=1&sort=1a)

I'm thinking maybe one of the smaller Trixie things?

kyrilliondaemon
07-24-2012, 03:18 AM
We've got the Lasse playground and I'm not sure how good it'd be for a syrian, its quite short and they may not find it that fun. Ours is with Dusty the dwarf at the moment.

The wooden bridge climbing toy is good, and the wooden tower is adored by Scamp and Fwirl likes it too. We have about six sets of it now I think lol

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Which wooden tower do you mean?

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 03:34 AM

kyrilliondaemon
07-24-2012, 03:42 AM
The stuff thats literally called wooden tower, its on the fourth page on ECF.

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Ohhh, I was imagining something like the Trixie things :D
How many packs is it worth getting?
(I now have more than £10 so if anyone wanted to reccomend something a little more expensive, I'd have a think :) )

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Has anyone tried this? I quite like the look of it... would the small size be big enough or would I have to get the big size?http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/tjore-balcony-hamster-villa-large-23x24x20cm-p-3642.html

kyrilliondaemon
07-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Most of the trixie stuff is too small for a syrian I'm afraid. We've got some bits of it and have utterly rejected others because they're too small and don't seem worth it. The only trixie items the syrians have are 11" wheels and platforms - designed for rabbits.

Its up to you with the wooden tower, we had one initially but got a second to give Scamp more of it to play with. Apparently we then got a third later and forgot about it. Then we got three more for the dwarf hams, found they didn't like it and handed the entire lot to Scamp for playtime lol. Now we've split it 50-50 between the two syrians.

If you really want something Trixie the dimensions on this mean it might be ok - Toys : Tjore XL Balcony Hamster Villa Large 23x24x20cm : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/tjore-balcony-hamster-villa-large-23x24x20cm-p-3642.html)

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Okay, thanks! I don't want to waste my money but it all looks so nice and fun... even though Min is still quite small, I don't want her to get stuck or anything :)

kyrilliondaemon
07-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Yeah... We've got loads of stuff off ECF for the hams and are getting pretty good at judging sizes. Have a tape measure nearby to help :D

I'd try and find a review of the item first if you can though.

HorseyMandz
07-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Sounds like a really good plan. Does anyone else have any suggestions, I don't mind if they're from the rat bit either! :)