PDA

View Full Version : My Old Man

Holly
04-04-2008, 05:50 AM
I've been wanting to post some pictures of our "old boys" for a while - sadly Treacle and Custard aren't playing today (who can blame them - there's nothing like being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night while someone washes your sheets :P ) so I've just got some of Mocha.

Mocha is my first hamster and the one who started it all for me. He's a pet shop Silver Grey (now more brown than grey) and he's the sweetest, calmest hamster you could ever meet. He's cracking on a bit now at 18 months and his movememts are very slow and deliberate but he'll still go for it on his wheel when he feels like it.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0047.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0042.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0055.jpg

Spuds Mum
04-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Oh he still looks beautiful Julie, very handsome and his sweet nature seems to shine through those photos.

New camera? you seem to be getting to grips with it well - great photos :D

Gust0o
04-04-2008, 05:59 AM
He looks so relaxed!

I couldn't imagine Bob volunteering for shots like those!

Very cute animal, bless little Mocha :)

Holly
04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Thanks! He is very quiet and relaxed and always has been - I thought there as something wrong with him when we got him!

Jessalina
04-04-2008, 06:49 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/jess_the_herb/Animations/29.gif

He's still a beauty even in his old age :) He looks so snuggable.
I have a soft spot for oldies!

jayne
04-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Mocha is looking great! He has such a cute little face and looks like he still loves to strike a pose now and then :lol:

Mollz
04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
He's looking lovely, and looks as if he could just sit there all day.

You'd never guess how old he is!

Bunsey
04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
those are lovely photos, especially that first one. he looks so cheeky and cute! :D

DonnaB
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
He's lovely, bless him. :D

Basia
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Aw it's a long time since I have seen a photo of Mocha and he still looks gorgeous. Give him a smooch for me.
Are you having fun with your new camera?

Holly
04-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys, Mocha is such a sweetie and he's really responsible for my love of hamsters - I was very nervous when I got him and if he hadnt been so gentle and patient with me then I don't think I'd be doing what am I doing now!

I love the camera!

leedsgurl
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM
What a cutie :-)

I don't think 18 months is that old tho (but prob depends on the hamster) coz Stewie is about that and is still as giddy and lively as when he was a pup :-)

Spuds Mum
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I think it is all relative though Leedsgurl, as, like me, Julie also has a house full of sweet young things! :wink:

My Peanut is 3 in May, and so would qualify as an old man I would say, but he still climbs around like a youngster. He looks old though, and has done since he was about a year old! we have spent a lot of time expecting him to slow down and not be with us much longer, but thankfully, he keeps proving us wrong!

Long may all our older hamsters be with us all 8)

Holly
04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't have thought it was old either - but all 3 of our 18 month olds are like little old men :(

They've all gone thin and bony (despite still eating lots) and are much slower than they were - and Treacle's had 2 strokes :(

I guess they aren't particularly well-bred - I just hope, as they still seem to be doing ok, that they'll be ok for a lot longer.

Basia
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't have thought it was old either - but all 3 of our 18 month olds are like little old men :(

They've all gone thin and bony (despite still eating lots) and are much slower than they were - and Treacle's had 2 strokes :(

I guess they aren't particularly well-bred - I just hope, as they still seem to be doing ok, that they'll be ok for a lot longer.

It's strange isn't it because you bought them from a nice petshop. My 3 P@H hammies are about the same age and they are still chubby and glossy coated. Basil hasn't changed at all, except to allow me to pick him up. He wants out every night for as long as possible. Sid was quieter in the winter but is definitely perking up now the spring is coming but Fuzzy has quietened down and doesn't want to come out so much these days. Her colour has faded a lot too, but on the whole, considering the 'bad press' that P@H hamsters have they are doing well.

cloptonite
04-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Bless him!!

All he needs in the second pic is a little walking stick,slippers and a pipe and along with his grey hair he'd look like a proper grandad !

souffle
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
How lovely to see pics of Mocha. He still looks such a big softy and is as beautiful as ever. I think it is lovely to see pics of oldies as they are not with us long enough and we need to store all those memories and show everyone that no matter how old and maybe a bit tatty they are the are still just as beautiful and just as much loved :lol:

pophammy
04-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Aww, I love Mocha! He is such a sweetie and glad he's still doing well. :lol:

Holly
04-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys, he's very special to me as he's my first little hamster boy - and he falls asleep on me nowadays :wink: