PDA

View Full Version : It's probably nothing but...

Yaffle
04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
this last couple of days Yeti (l/h female had litter about 10 weeks ago) has been smelling quite bad :?
I've had to clean out her wet corner twice in as many days, not because it was particularly wet but because of the really strong smell. Also, I turned her over to examine her 'lady bits' and she looks a bit dischargey (if that is a word - trying not to be too graphic!)
Could this just be that she's in season (particularly with the lighter evenings) or should I be worried?

Spuds Mum
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I guess it could be just her in heat Claire, but if the discharge and smell doesn't seem normal to you, then I think a trip to the vets is in order. Of course you know that there can be womb infections such as pyometra, that mean that you should keep an eye on it, but hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.

Fingers crossed that Tabasco's mummy is totally fine x

Holly
04-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm...I think you need to get that checked by a vet, Claire, as there's a chance that could be a pyometra starting.

How is she in herself?

I hope she's ok.

Yaffle
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
She seems fine in herself so think I'll just keep my eye on her and hope for best

souffle
04-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Is her tummy swollen at all and is she drinking more than usual? This can indicate a pyo starting too even though the hammy seems fine. She could also have a urine infection if her wee is strong. Any bloodstaining? Hope she is OK.

Yaffle
04-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Had a quick check of her this morning before work. Cleaned out her wet corner last night and she was pretty smelly again this morning but she seemed cleaner 'down there' which makes me think maybe she was just in heat. I'll give her a good checking over tonight and then let you know how she is. Of course if there's any sign for the worst I'll take her to our vets :?