PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an adult SH BEC Satin?

Louby
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
If you have, I would love to see a photo if you don't mind???

Moosley
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Well... I sure hope someone else can show you what a 'good quality SH Satin BEC looks like!

I had a young male named Skwee (my parents wouldnt let me call him Skwishy!) that I *did* get from a big named breeder however I was unfortunate enough to get the only one in the litter that got a tumour.

The photo is of him looking at his best despite having a noticeable bulge from his abdomen and he went downhill fast and 4 weeks from this photo at about 5 months old he had to be PTS.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/Other%20Animals/skweePICT0055.jpg

Louby
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Thankyou for the photo.

How awful that he got a tumour, you must have been devastated. :(

He looks just as beautiful as I had imagined though. I think Satins are my current favourite...and I may go for that as my next hamster when I come across an available one!

Sue?? Do you have any SH BEC Satins on the horizon??

I'm also planning on going to Monmouth if anyone knows of any that are due to be available then?

Matty Day
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
im hoping of a nice mix of a cream litter in december long wait i know but i should have normal creams lh and sh and satin creams lh and sh :x

Bourne Valley Hams
04-01-2008, 02:00 PM
If you have, I would love to see a photo if you don't mind???

If I get a chance I will take a picture of Tomatin for you tomorrow Louise. He is a smashing example and will hopefully be fathering a litter for me shortly!

Louby
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Fantastic, thanks Sue. I thought you would have one or two in your magnificent hamstery!

Matty, thankyou, but December is a bit too long a wait for me at the moment, but thats not to say I won't be looking for another one by then! :lol:

I appear to have the bug...anyone know any medication to subdue the hamster purchases? I'm going to need to move home if I carry on at this rate, and I haven't even got to Monmouth yet!!!

Spuds Mum
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I appear to have the bug...anyone know any medication to subdue the hamster purchases? I'm going to need to move home if I carry on at this rate, and I haven't even got to Monmouth yet!!!

No Im afraid none of us have found the magic cure! I tend to think you are asking entirely the wrong people!! :wink:

Holly
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM

You've got no chance if you stick around here (I started a year and half ago - there are now 18 hammies in this house and two litters on the way :shock: )

My advice would be to start looking for shelf units that will hold several roomy cages - and order 3 of them :P

Louby
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
This forum is so addictive too! I haven't been able to leave you all alone since I registered!

Shelf units...hmmm...now...where can I put them??? :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I've filled 3 shelf units, the top of a filing cabinet, 2 bookshelves - and am now looking for another couple of shelf units, but hey Julie and Will - you have officially taken over us (17 and a litter of 9 currently) but we do have of course two waiting to arrive with us, and at least two more litters planned for the summer! :D

Matty Day
04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
im glad im so behind thank god i only have 3 and one litter :x

thought i do have some grand designs for my hamstery :x
so i might catch up in 5 years :x

Gust0o
04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if Hobbs is BEC or REC, but here you go:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Gust0o/DSC00035.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Gust0o/DSC00040.jpg

Louby
04-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow! He really is beautiful.

Thankyou for posting the photos.

agatecrystal
04-02-2008, 04:27 AM
I onlyhave three at the moment too with a litter due. BUt il hopefully be keeping a nice one from the litter so then it'll be 4 and i want another one in July. ~hamster bug~

cloptonite
04-02-2008, 05:16 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beginning to become quite concerned about this " hamster bug " thing! It appears to be reaching epidemic proportions on this forum alone. I'm infected :shock: :lol:

Holly
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree - it's spread via internet contact (like a computer virus) and it's HIGHLY contagious :shock:

I think I'm going to speak to those responsible for public health at my hospital - something needs to be done :P

Mollz
04-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree - it's spread via internet contact (like a computer virus) and it's HIGHLY contagious :shock:

I think I'm going to speak to those responsible for public health at my hospital - something needs to be done :P

Not just that, but once you are infected via the internet it can be easily passed on by touch :shock: Mum managed to get the bug before she ever came on here! :x

pophammy
04-06-2008, 11:42 AM
This is our BEC Satin Paws. He is now over two and has really seemed to deepen and is a really rich colour now!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/a4.jpg

Louby
04-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh my goodness, he is a real stunner!

Thankyou so much for posting the photo. I am definatley, DEFINATLEY going to wait till I can find one of these little beauties now.

I'm in love!!!

Basia
04-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Aw it's so nice to see a picture of Paws again, he is looking very handsome Pophammy, Cara says 'Hi' to her dad!

Holly
04-07-2008, 03:14 AM
It's so lovely to see the stunning Paws again - and as well as looking fab, I can vouch for his personality too - he's the perfect gentleman (he's the grandad of both my current liters :wink: ).

Here's his daughter, Kitty (Kit Kat) who is also a BEC Satin SH:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0028.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0021.jpg

souffle
04-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Sadly we have the cure :cry: It is called BigD :lol:

Matty Day
04-07-2008, 04:03 AM
If your willing to wait to December I am hoping for a bec cream litter with a mix of long hairs shorthairs and satins

Louby
04-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Thankyou Matty.

I am hoping that there may be a little lady with my name growing up as we speak :wink: :wink: , but thats not to say that I won't be ready for another addition by then! Plus, my birthday is in December...sounds like the perfect time to me!

My other half thinks that 2 are enough, so I have to ease him in gently to the fact that we are going to be packed out with hammies soon!