PDA

View Full Version : 'Self' Colours

Tammy22
04-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

i have had replies back from both Jean and David at 'Tristar' and have been advised to start off with a 'Self' colour.

As i am a compelete novice when it comes to breeding Syrians, i have told them i will do what ever they think is best, as obviously, they are the experts :)

I was just wandeing what eveyone else thought about it?

So now i think i am on the look out for a good quality pair of either 'Black' or 'Cream' Syrians!!

Tammy x

Matty Day
04-01-2008, 07:04 AM
go cream rather than black as blacks have a very short show life :wink:

Bunsey
04-01-2008, 07:06 AM
yes, definately cream. You could always get a satin or LH for variety.

Matty Day
04-01-2008, 07:11 AM
and you could bring sables in laiter for even more vareity :wink:

Holly
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I think Matty and Bunsey are probably right - Blacks are beautiful but are harder to show as they brown quickly. Creams are a great way to start (even though the classes are sometimes a bit bigger than I'd like :P ) and it never seems to be difficult to find good homes for the babies you don't want to keep as Creams seem to be popular with the general public as well :wink:

You can, as already suggested, add Sables into your lines later - as well as Minks (non-standard) and Roans of all three colours. To add variety you can breed Satins, LHs and SH's as well and doing this will give you several different classes to enter :)

Good luck, Tammy, whatever you decide.

Tammy22
04-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Holly and everyone else too! :)

looks like i'm after an unrelated pair of creams then!!

Tammy x

Bunsey
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
i'll be having creams in september, but that might be too long to wait!

Tammy22
04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for that Bunsey - would love one from you.

It might not be too far away - just depends what comes up between now and then, might still be looking!

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I think Matty and Bunsey are probably right - Blacks are beautiful but are harder to show as they brown quickly. Creams are a great way to start (even though the classes are sometimes a bit bigger than I'd like :P ) and it never seems to be difficult to find good homes for the babies you don't want to keep as Creams seem to be popular with the general public as well :wink:

You can, as already suggested, add Sables into your lines later - as well as Minks (non-standard) and Roans of all three colours. To add variety you can breed Satins, LHs and SH's as well and doing this will give you several different classes to enter :)

Good luck, Tammy, whatever you decide.

You also forgot to add that you can also get variety from adding in banded or dominant spot too! You will certainly not get bored for a while....plus, along with the mink, you can also stray into red-eyed cream!

Good luck, cant wait to meet whoever you pick! :D