PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Valley Aquisitions

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I thought it was time I 'fessed up to what I brought home from Thame last week, so I have charged up the batteries on my camera and here goes.

1. SH Cream Roan
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/harriscarter/roan.jpg
This is Mackeson's granddaughter. I gave his son to David and he has given me back this little girl.

2. LH Golden Tort
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/harriscarter/tort-1.jpg
A little Towy Vale girl whose great grandma is my Honey Black Roo, who at almost 3 is still going strong.

3.LH Sable Roan - Dopey.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/harriscarter/dopey.jpg
Strictly speaking a Disney Ham (hence he already has a name!) not a Bourne Valley Ham. His mum was the daughter of two of Katisha's hamsters which she gave to Towy Vale - and he has returned in exchange.

4. SH Honey - Drambuie.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/harriscarter/honey.jpg
Stolen from Moosley!!

5. SH Umbrous Rust Banded.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/harriscarter/rescue.jpg
She was a one of a rescue litter that Jeni Middleton took in.

Mollz
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Aww, they are all lovely Sue!

Do you normally come home with that many from a show? :D

Bunsey
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
:o it was you!! you took the cream roan! :lol:

There are all gorgeous :D I'm hopefully getting a cream roan in may. i'm glad to see the picture as it gives me an idea of what my Phoebe will look like. She should be born on 1st April. I'm like a little child, i've wrote her birthday in my diary and everything :oops:

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 09:34 AM
:o it was you!! you took the cream roan! :lol:

There are all gorgeous :D I'm hopefully getting a cream roan in may. i'm glad to see the picture as it gives me an idea of what my Phoebe will look like. She should be born on 1st April. I'm like a little child, i've wrote her birthday in my diary and everything :oops:

That cream roan was never getting anywhere near the sales table!! :lol: she's mine - all mine!!

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Aww, they are all lovely Sue!

Do you normally come home with that many from a show? :D

No - not usually!! :lol:
But most were agreed exchanges for hammies given previously - not a lot of money changed hands!

Spuds Mum
03-30-2008, 10:04 AM
ohhh congratulations Sue, a lovely bunch indeed - I hope you get as much joy from Mackeson's girl as from her grandpa! :D If I am ever allowed to get back into creams again - I will be calling on you for a Mackeson line baby! :D

cloptonite
03-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Very nice! I especially like the look of the golden tort girl, very cute!
'scuse these two questions:
The golden tort looks like a normal golden,could someone explain the visual difference ( or is it obvious to everyone but me ? :oops: )
Also, why do sable roans take on more of a grey colour as a pose to the usual chocolatey colour?

sammys/mum
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
They're lovely I love Dopey best!

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Very nice! I especially like the look of the golden tort girl, very cute!
'scuse these two questions:
The golden tort looks like a normal golden,could someone explain the visual difference ( or is it obvious to everyone but me ? :oops: )
Also, why do sable roans take on more of a grey colour as a pose to the usual chocolatey colour?

A tort has patches of yellow amongst the gold. It can be hard to tell when they are young as the colours haven't reached full richness yet but a little blow on the fur shows the gold to be slate blue at the roots and the yellow pale.

A sable roan should look grey, they only brown as they get older. A Sable looks more chocolatey as the undercoat is cream giving the overall appearance of a brown hamster.

Bunsey
03-30-2008, 01:05 PM
how come sable roans don't have the cream base colour?

I_am_plankton
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM
They are lovely Sue, especially the cream roan :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM
how come sable roans don't have the cream base colour?

Because of the whire gene I guess - I don't know - genetics confuse me!! :?

Yaffle
03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I love the Honey Sue, I'd really like a Honey at some point :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 02:32 PM
I love the Honey Sue, I'd really like a Honey at some point :D

To be honest I have tired of honey - it was very popular last year - everyone had honeys! But Drambuie carries dark grey and I want him for his genes!! :lol: :wink:

Spuds Mum
03-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Dark grey indeed? I may be begging him or an offspring from you in the future then Sue :D

agatecrystal
03-30-2008, 02:45 PM
They're all gorgeous... that's a lot to bring home from one show!

Louby
03-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Cough cough....a sh cream eh???

Dare I ask when babies will be on their way?

Sue...how could you do this to me!!! :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Cough cough....a sh cream eh???

Dare I ask when babies will be on their way?

Sue...how could you do this to me!!! :D

Watch this space Lou - should know what I have in that litter soon.

Louby
03-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Breathe Louise.......patience is a virtue....patience is a virtue.....

Basia
03-30-2008, 03:35 PM
They are all sooo lovely Sue - your hamsters travel far and wide and then sort of come back again dont they? :P
They all look really nice to me but I do have a soft spot for sable roans....

Moosley
03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Awww little Dramby!

I miss him :roll: I forgot he wasnt in his cage anymore and stuch my hand in to get him out of his nest and with a lot of cursing, withdrew my hand with Latte my new LH Yellow attatched to it :roll: ooops!

I hope he is a good little chap for you and helps you breed many dark greys!

Bunsey
03-31-2008, 01:09 PM
that's not the yellow from Thame is it? she has a savage bite

sarahh
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Aww bless they are lovely hammies.

Sarah x

Moosley
03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Haha Yup! the yellow from Thame! She is a fruitloop, just a young 'un, shes speedy but only bites when i try and pick her up but its because she's scared.