PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Syrians

Tammy22
03-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

i have noticed that 'Tristar' win alot of classes with their hamsters, but i was just wandering if they sell hamsters from these winning lines?

Also, i dont know the person who runs 'Tristar', so i dont mean to sound rude, but do they visit the forum, or any other forums, if not then how would i contact them, as i havent seen a website for them??

Thanks,

Tammy x

PS - you are probably going to be bombarded with questions from me!! Hope you dont mind!! :oops:

Spuds Mum
03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
We dont mind, we all help each other out with questions Tammy, and we all have them!

Tristar is the prefix of Jean Tye and David Baglin. They do not seem to frequent forums or have a website, however they get around to many shows, so you will I'm sure come across them there.

They do sell hamsters and of course those from winning lines, however,like many breeder exhibitors, it is likely that in any litter they would keep the best of the litter for themselves. Its what has made them very successful after all - picking those boys and girls! But that does not mean to say that the ones they do sell will not do very well too, and will have the same genes as the one they kept. I think most breeders will tell stories of pups they sold on winning best in show and beating the hamster they kept! :D

If you would like to contact Jean Tye, then the best thing you can probably do is to pm Sue (Bourne Valley) on the forum and ask for her contact details. Sue I am sure will help you :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Tristar is actually a partnership of 3 people (hence the Tri), but I doubt that many of you have met the third partner Graham as he rarely attends shows!!
Jean and David (particularly Jean) go to most shows all over the country and have some lovely hamsters. They also have plenty to choose from to show as between them they have about four times as many hamsters as me!! (and I have about 70 Syrians!)
They are not mean with their hamsters and are usually very helpful and generous with their stock (unless they don't like you and then you don't have a hope of getting a Tristar hammy!! :lol: ) They started me off with some lovely creams many, many years ago and we still exchange hamsters regularly now.
I have email and phone contacts for both Jean and David so let me know if you want them.

Sue

Bunsey
03-30-2008, 08:22 AM
they are very friendly, Jean has been very helpful in trying to set me up with a girl for Oscar and hopefully i'm having a girl from a litter that's due 1st April :D

Mollz
03-30-2008, 09:00 AM
I got my Amelie from a very good line of Tristars, so yes they do give babies from their good show lines away and don't just keep them for themselves :wink: They were also keeping Amelie, but when I specifically asked for a LH REC they decided to let me have her! I have found them very helpful and encouraging and have emails for both Jean and David and if you want them :D

Saying that Sue's Bourne Valley syrians are also gorgeous.

Tammy22
03-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

The only reason i thought of 'Tristar' was because i am thinking of starting off with SH Golden - something nice and easy, lol! and i noticed that 'Tristar' have won the SH Golden classes in the thee shows in the last three journals i have.

I am guessing that 'Tristar' do have unrelated hamsters from the many hamsters they have, but i think i would prefer to have a SH Golden from somewhere else too - any ideas??

Sue, i would love to have 'Tristar' contact details if you dont mind please? Should i just explain my situation the same as i have on here??

Thanks for the offer of contact details from you too Mollz!

:D

Tammy x

Matty Day
03-30-2008, 09:22 AM
if your going with goldens you make like to do some sh golden satins to basia has a golden litter due soon i think :?:

Bunsey
03-30-2008, 09:24 AM
the kingswinford show where you live is really good for getting hams. obviously it's not til november, but by then you might be ready for your second generation. i'll definately be at that show. i was thinking of getting some robos off you there :P

Tammy22
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Bunsey,

i will definately be at the Kingswinford show - it is less than a mile from me, lol! and i should have Roborovskis then too, so would love to see you there, and i will definately be on the look out for Syrians too.

Tammy x

Mollz
03-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Tammy, if I were you I would just email and say that you have been researching into breeding and are looking for a good SH golden (of whichever sex) and then possibly a mate for him/her. Then just ask if they have any currently and then if not, do they know anybody with some?
That should be fine and they will be happy to help.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure what he has at the moment but Andrew, just down the road from you, does a very nice golden too.

Tammy22
03-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks Mollz,

Sue has just sent me the contact details, so fingers crossed!!

:D

Tammy x

Bunsey
03-30-2008, 09:43 AM
yeah that's pretty much what i did. i selected some good breeder names, got the e-mails or PMs and said Hi i want to breed my 1st hams and i'm looking for X, can you help :D
everyone is very nice :D

Gust0o
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm struggling to get a reply out of Tristar - one week and counting now.

If anyone is in more regular contact, could they please prod as appropriate! :D

Mollz
03-30-2008, 12:16 PM

Did you email Jean or David?
Jean is on holiday at the moment - and David has been replying to me almost every day for the last week (lots of questions :oops: ). If you need David's email then I can pm it too you (thought I did so already?).

Gust0o
03-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Haha, that would explain a lot! I wish I were on holiday!

Could you PM me David's mail then, if he's no objections?

Mollz
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Have done!

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 12:44 PM

Jean went on holiday last Sunday, and for a few days before that she was at Davids preparing for Thame - not sure how long she is away for though.

Doh!! Mollz has just told you that! Should read the whole thread before jumping in!

Yaffle
03-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Right, I emailed Jean too and thought she just mustn't like me as she hadn't replied :oops:
Can someone pm me david's email please, ta :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Done.