PDA

View Full Version : louis has had a bit of an accident

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 06:21 AM
louis had a bit of an accident last night he some how managed to get his toe stuck in the connector of the duna tunnel :roll: i dont know how
his toe looks a we bit swollen and there was some blood last night but its scabed over. but ist slightly still swollen

but on the bright side hes walking as normal and it hasnt changed his activity level at all he still my wheel adict :x

of course if i see any change from the worse i will be taking him down the vets.

and im going to give him some portein high foods to aid his recovery :x

agatecrystal
03-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Thats a shame.
You're doing the right thing if the swelling doesnt go down then take him to vets or if he seems unwell in himself.
He obviously seems not at all phased by it though. Hope he's ok :)

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 08:24 AM
well it looks briused im so worreid about him that im checking every hour

on the bright side it is cut and scabed on the end and a bit swollen

and the rest of his toe is just briused by the look of it

Holly
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Aww bless him hope he's ok.

I think catching and injuring toes is fairly common - I've had a couple do it here as well as hearing about several others :?

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 08:38 AM
well im glad it happened when it did hes got plenty of time to heal up before the monmoth show :x

i would hate for his show career to have to end because of this after all he has got plenty of potential and got third at thame :x

well showing isnt every thing thougth id rather have him happy and not showing that the other way round :x

souffle
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Poor wee louis. Have you removed the tubes Matty? He may have pulled a claw or broken a claw. They usually heal up well and it takes a few weeks for the claw to regrow. Watch for any infection and keep the cage really clean. Hope he gets better quickly. I have heard of them trapping toes in the gaps in silent spinners too which is why we always tape them over.

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
the tube was slightly loose ive made sure its not loose its on securely now.

his claw is still there and looks ok

ill clean his wheel every two days as that is his toilet :x

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
i know to take him to the vet if it goes green but is there any other colour i should watch for :?:

souffle
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
You should watch for any yellow discharge or oozing or very swollen and red looking matty. The vet could give him an anti-inflammatory to calm the swelling if you thought he needed it. Napoleon has had this when he pulled a claw when he was little.

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
its looking red and swollen at the moment if it dosent go down by friday i will take him to the vet :x

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 05:25 AM
the swellings gone down :x

im realy plesed hes is healin up well

this rate heyll be heald in time for monmoth and north somerset :x

Spuds Mum
03-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Fingers crossed that happens Matty! Get well soon Louis :D

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
his foot has swollen up a bit tonigh.t should i take away his wheel? As it wasnt this swollen in the mourning. Its his favourite toy thougth.

And his claw looks ok.

Matty Day
03-28-2008, 06:05 AM
ive given him his mourning check up and his toe dosent look to bad . very slightly swoled and a bit red ill take him to the vet if it keeps swelling up but ill make that decision on monday if it dosent get worse

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 01:32 PM
no change hes going to the vet on monday

PinkEmily
03-29-2008, 01:43 PM
When i bought Ted, he had a swollen foot, Im pretty sure his toe was broken. If this is the case with Louis it may be red and swollen for quite a few months. Teds took a while to heal. :(

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
thats his show career down the pan if thats the case i hope not :cry: im hoping its not broken and its just swollen :x and he will be better in a few weeks

PinkEmily
03-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Hope its not what ted had, maybe if you take him the vets he can give you some cream to help with the swelling.

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 05:36 AM
well he went to the vet and he got some bay trail so hopefully it should heal quickly :x

hes still as normal so im confident he will make a full recovery :x