PDA

View Full Version : thame results

Matty Day
03-22-2008, 12:56 PM
aprodite got reserve in normal chinese
and louis got third
and i got first and second in dwarf novice.

I_am_plankton
03-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Well done Matty :D

Jane
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Well done :D

Mollz
03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Well I had a wonderful (and very cold) day. Me and mum pen stewarded for syrians and then were on the sales table for the rest of the day and learnt loads and really enjoyed ourselves.

Gizmo scored 8 points higher than last time and came second in non-standard (although there were only 2 in the class!).

And I am SO happy with Amelie....
At 9 weeks and 6 days old she scored 80 coming 2nd in LH satin by only half a point, and winning Junior Best in Show. She also came second in Novice and second in young stock (however I believe that the one that came 1st was a fair bit older than her) - I am over the moon as she is so young still.
Tristar really want a baby from her and so are going to lend me a stud, in exchange for a baby. And Melissa (the Judge) said that she has really good potential and only lost out on her size and colour, but she will grow and darken as she ages :)
She was also only 6 points away from the best in show and only 4/5 away from the best opposite sex I think!

Anyway, all in all I had a great day and am looking forward to going back and helping tomorrow.

PS I really need to be congratulated for not coming home with a gorgeous little sable roan runt from Sue's litter who was so small and cute, and I'm sure Matty will back me up in saying that I was very attached.

souffle
03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
That's great Matty. Well done Aphrodite and Lois and many congratulations :lol:

Matty Day
03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I am going to back you up there mollz i was to tempted by that roan :x
i had a good day apart from the cold it was fun judging pets and helping behind sales as I have now gained a lot of valuable experience in handling all species :x

Though I am sure I am going to pick up a ham from the sales table some day and im going to be ready for that ham

Mollz
03-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I am going to back you up there mollz i was to tempted by that roan :x
i had a good day apart from the cold it was fun judging pets and helping behind sales as I have now gained a lot of valuable experience in handling all species :x

Though I am sure I am going to pick up a ham from the sales table some day and im going to be ready for that ham

Oh, I forgot to say how lovely your hams were Matty - I really enjoyed holding them and it deffinately got me interested in chinese.

It must have been fun judging pets. Although I can't believe that that woman actually complained because you didn't put her daughter's hamster in first place, how ridiculous :roll:

souffle
03-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh Mollz that is wonderful. We can all see what a stunner Amelie is and we might be looking for one of the babies too :wink: Great score for a baby hammie. She has a great future ahead of her. Your hams both did great and glad to hear you had a good day. Congrats to you. :lol:

Mollz
03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh Mollz that is wonderful. We can all see what a stunner Amelie is and we might be looking for one of the babies too :wink: Great score for a baby hammie. She has a great future ahead of her. Your hams both did great and glad to hear you had a good day. Congrats to you. :lol:

Thanks - to us Gizmo is special, even if he doesn't score that well.

If anyone wants a baby, Amelie will be mated in May and I will be delighted if anyone on here decides to have one, just let me know between now and when they are ready for their new home.

We will probably be borrowing either a BEC boy or sable roan boy from Tristar - saw them both today and they are stunners!

Spuds Mum
03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
well done Matty and Mollz! and of course, Aphrodite, Louise, gizmo and Amelie :D

sounds like a great day, hope you both wrapped up well! :D

Basia
03-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Congratulations Matty!

And Congratulations Molz! Amelie is a little star.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun despite the cold. :D

Holly
03-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Well done Matty and Mollz - sounds like you both had a great day, despite the cold :)

Were there many people there - both visiting and showing? We are going to try and make it tomorrow, Will's got a stinking cold but is better in himself this morning so I'm hopeful.

agatecrystal
03-23-2008, 09:50 AM
well done everyone at the show yesterday

Moosley
03-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Haha Mollz!! :lol: I didnt know that was you!!!!!

And it was great meeting everyone, and you Matty LOL though i did guess username wrong, was close though, i know two people that own and show just chinese and i guessed the wrong one lol.

It was absolutely terrifying! haha you peoples are all so scarey! ;) I think Sue guessed who i was by how terrified and lost i looked first thing because she handed me the show pens without checking who i was LOL.

My little brother had fun watching and helping me pen up my 5 boys, I was only showing for the experiance and fun of it, all my boys are kinda small and i didnt expect them to even get placed!

Mr Squishy got First in his SH BEC class and Second in his other class (cant remember what it was!? possibly Novice).

Tango got a First in one class (he is 12 weeks old and the first decent hamster we have bred really, first show quality anyway) and he also got Third in another. I can't remember which class was which now, he was in AOC SH male and Novice.

Dante (Tango's dad) got Reserve in the AOC SH male.

Daiquiri and "Drambuie" both got 'Highly Commended' in their AOC SH male class.

I couldnt believe it!

I was very sad to leave behind Drambuie (who might have a name change lol) Sue took him home. I am *SO* relieved he is going to a home where he is going to lead a great stud life rather than just as a pet. He is a nice boy and is Tango's full brother. I was really upset though lol, its not often i get attatched to our babies because i know we cant keep many and he would have stayed if Sue hadnt taken him but I already have a nice honey male and it wouldnt have worked. Sad to see em go!

Despite leaving one hamster behind, I came home with three new girls!

A 10 month old SH Cinnamon who had already had a litter, I have named her Fanta as she will at some point be mated to Tango and have lots of little fizzy drinks!

I also got a SH Satin Golden that is 6 weeks old, her face is a little weedy but i think she will fatten up a bit, I have no idea what I will use her for ;) she was just too cute! She has been named Mocha.

I'm not meant to have favourites but...

I also got a 6 week old Towy LH Yellow, i've never really been a huge fan of LH hamsters but females are ok, she is ridiculously luffy for a female and is an absolute fruit loop! She screams blue murder at me if i do so much as turn the light on or off or even breath in the room and yet to handle she isn't too bad LOL. She had to be named Latte as she already has a 'Decaf', a 'Cappuccino' and another coffee name in her lines.

I_am_plankton
03-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Gem you did very well for a first show! Did Kat go with you?
Congratulations!

I always used to drool over her hams, it is a shame she doesn't come on much now because I got on with her very well :) I miss her!

Moosley
03-23-2008, 12:20 PM
No, Kat couldnt make it! She was insanely jealous, especially as I showed Tango under my name whn he is a shared hamster, he is out of her Bingo and my Daiquiri so... lol.

I think we've decided to go our own ways with syrians lol, seeing as i did so well in my first show, im settling with the whole Yellow/Honey/Cinnies but then again, i might have a line of BECs and Sable Roans just because thats what i *was* focused on.

I get the satisfaction of knowing that a lot of Kats animals are originally out of my first hamster Moo ;)

Kat misses being online but we just cant afford it at home (im at my parents) and it was kind of nice to be at the show on my own as i definately tend to step back and let her take charge so people remember her but not me :oops: :roll:

Moosley
03-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I also wanted to really thank everyone for how amazing they all were at the show. The atmosphere there is just great! Everyone is kind and helpfull and it was a great experiance to watch and learn!

It was just made so much more obvious as I went into the lurcher show with Bella (did anyone see how cute my *ahem* my mums... dog was!?) and the people there were just uninterested and unhelpful, there were exceptions if you made a lot of effort to talk to people but...

The 'rabbit people' were just downright rude to me andI cant help thinking that if i had a show rabbi, id want nothing to do with them, they just werent interested in helping people not part of their club and they kept shouting at kids poking fingers in to stroke rabbits. A/ what do they expect kids to do??? and B/ why was explaining why rabbits dont like being poked so difficult? It was first thing in the morning so it wasnt as if they had been saying it all day.

I found at the London Championships that the mice and rat people were equally as bad, mice in particular which i sad because it means i no longer want to show mice.

My mum commented on how nice it was to see people so happy and proud of what they were doing and so enthusiastic (though i think that last bit was aimed at Peter as he bounced around the sales tables LOL).

Holly
03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Yay! Sounds like you did brilliantly for your first show, Gemma - well done to you and your hamsters 8)

I think you are right about the hamster people being really friendly and welcoming, we've always found exactly the same and shows are just a pleasure to be at. (Pete "bouncing" - ha, that's exactly what he does, he's just so enthusiastic! :wink: ).

Jane
03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Moosley, you're so right about hammy show people being so friendly. You guys are still all scary, but really friendly so it makes up for it :lol:

Spuds Mum
03-23-2008, 03:10 PM
BOOOO to jane from the scariest of the lot :wink: honestly Moosley, I terrify her. I'm not sure why, I've been nothing but friendly :cry: :wink:

I think its because I make her talk to me, rather than just standing shyly in the corner! :D

You are so right though, hamster people tend to be as friendly as their pets :x

Gust0o
03-23-2008, 05:27 PM
. You guys are still all scary, but really friendly so it makes up for it

You obviously missed the post-show arm-wrestling contests, after Topcliffe - there were some gritted-teeth and high fives going round, let me tell you! :x

Jane
03-24-2008, 04:01 AM
BOOOO to jane from the scariest of the lot :wink: honestly Moosley, I terrify her. I'm not sure why, I've been nothing but friendly :cry: :wink:

I think its because I make her talk to me, rather than just standing shyly in the corner! :D

:lol: :lol: Me? Standing shyly in corners? :shock:

...okay, you're right :lol: