PDA

View Full Version : Throwing poop?

Matthias
06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
So I'm trying to get Mattias to know me and my scent and I have my hand in his cage . Well he reaches down and grabs a piece of poop and chucks it at me :shock: Not once but many many times. What is that about :lol: I've never seen a hamster do that before. :lol:

babyboos
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
That is bizarre :P I have a very tidy hamster who throws poops out of the enclosure all the time - and the cat has had a poop in the eye a number of times :twisted: It really cracks my partner and I up to see Boobs slink off all miffed after another poop attack :lol: I don't think it is aimed at her exactly but she does tend to get in the way of flying poops a lot :lol:

SnuggleHam
06-12-2005, 12:16 PM
* tries to picture a hamster reaching down and chucking poop at people* :shock:

babyboos
06-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh yes I can imagine it alright :twisted:

Matthias
06-12-2005, 06:38 PM
It was definately odd, I'll tell you that :lol: He hasnt done it again, but I did give him some nice peanut butter treats and a nice clean cage :wink:

Emma
06-13-2005, 04:43 AM
That does sound a bit odd! Maybe he's sharing his scent with you :!: :?: ?

Lucky ham getting peanut butter - my old Mitz used to love that, I'd put a little inside a bit of celery, she'd get it on her nose and head and spend the rest of the evening licking it off!

Hope he continues to behave himself a bit better!

babyboos
06-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh I love doing that for me nevermind the hamsters :lol:

A step further is to dip the peanut butter coated celery in sesame seeds or similiar :oops:

hammydude
06-24-2005, 10:33 AM
I've had this happen once or twice with Biscuits. I wouldn't describe it as "throwing" but more like tossing.underhand. :? :wink:

flogging_molly
08-04-2005, 04:51 AM
I have also heard about this, it sound really funny but in retrospect it isn't when you have to clean it up. Maybe you could put his cage in a box to catch all these poops that are flying out? :D He could just be cleaning up after himself and not realising what he's doing? Or he could be secretly trying to expand his territory!!

babyboos
08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
I reckon they are more intelligent that we give them credit for :twisted: :? :wink: