PDA

View Full Version : Look what i got talked in too.......

MandyP
05-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Over the bank holiday weekend i helped out my friend in collecting a second hand indoor guinea pig cage. The place we were going to was a home run rescue........So when i got there i saw 6 little bunny faces looking at me wanting a hug. They were so tiny :( When i spoke to the rescue owner she said they had come from a lady who had to hand over her animals. The mummy rabbit had died a week earlier ;( so after having a cuddle i fell in love with one, i was very sensable and put her back.....well my friend and now my new other friend persuaded me to help look after some to help out as the poor lady had lots of animals in and had new ones due in. Well i ended up bringing 2 does home and have fallen in love with them and they are staying :)

Here they are Luna is the darker one and Honey is the orange one xx They are so cute and sick there licking my face and love cuddles. Before the mum died she attacked poor Luna and she struggled to get food so she is 200g smaller than Honey as lost some of her hair from the attack.
They both got a full vet check and are all healthy :)

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/Mandy_Pickup/SAM_0530.jpg

Honey

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/Mandy_Pickup/SAM_0529.jpg

Luna

More photos to follow x

MandyP
05-14-2012, 01:24 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/Mandy_Pickup/SAM_0528.jpg

Kissa
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh oh they are so pretty oh now I really want bunnies! This forum is so bad for making me want small cute fuzzies!

Shell
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Well I can see why they pulled on your heartstrings! Beautiful! :)

Hammymad
05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Awww Mandy they're gorgeous,I wouldnt have been able to resist either :) xx

Charley101
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Aww they really do have such adorable little faces :D

MandyP
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
They are very sweet and tame bunnys. They do everything together, they sleep on top of each other, eat the same bit of hay and have a "Lady and the Tramp" moment lol

Queen Of The High Teas
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Aww they are beautiful bunnies, very very pretty little girls. They look like they're gonna be pretty big buns too -them ears are massive!!:x

SnickersTheFirst
05-14-2012, 01:58 PM
They're so cute :D Will they be moving outside when they're bigger? :)

MandyP
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
They're so cute :D Will they be moving outside when they're bigger? :)

Yes i hope to bond them with my neutered Buck Fraser and i have a big wendy house coming which i will convert into there home. I felt they were too tiny to go out side yet. Also i want to wait until they have had there injections too.

They are mini rexs and the lady said they are from a pedigree line so they should be big. There ears seem to get bigger everyday x

SnickersTheFirst
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah, they look tiny compared to that cage atm. :) Bless them :p I was just about to ask whether they were rexes. :D

MandyP
05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I met the dad who had a very tight ring on his leg (which has now been removed). He was a good size but not bigger than my dwaft lop. They are currently running round the cage chasing each other lol.

Queen Of The High Teas
05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
They are mini rexs and the lady said they are from a pedigree line so they should be big. There ears seem to get bigger everyday x

Yep they look like big bunnies for sure - those ears are going to take some growing into!:p

snaisby
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
They are beautiful :D do you have some hay for them to munch on? It's really good for tummies and teeth, one of them is eating straw there so they obviously have the right idea :mad:

There is a new combined myxo/VHD jab out which is worth asking your vet about, only needs to be given once a year so much more convenient and cheap than the separate jabs.

My 2 buns have a wendyhouse with attached run, it makes a fab roomy home and so easy to keep tidy especially with mine being litter trained. So I think you have a great plan there :D

MandyP
05-14-2012, 02:39 PM
They are beautiful :D do you have some hay for them to munch on? It's really good for tummies and teeth, one of them is eating straw there so they obviously have the right idea :mad:

There is a new combined myxo/VHD jab out which is worth asking your vet about, only needs to be given once a year so much more convenient and cheap than the separate jabs.

My 2 buns have a wendyhouse with attached run, it makes a fab roomy home and so easy to keep tidy especially with mine being litter trained. So I think you have a great plan there :D

I fill there hay up twice during the evening a huge load before i go to work and rop up when i finish work. They are taking to the tray very well too but still going rounf the cage. My vet has finally got the joint one in, i have been asking for the past 6 months but for some reason they only started doing it this month. My older bucks hate going to have there injections so they will be pleased to only go the once and not to have part of it in the ear. :) i think i might measure there ears to see how much they grow each week lol i weigh them every other day to make sure they are gaining weight. They seem to enjoy the hay more than there pellets but i have made them a digging tray with straw and then sprinkle there nuggets in there. They love finding there dinner that way and then they go to sleep in it lol x

Womblehands
05-14-2012, 03:54 PM
oh my.. they have that made for disney look about them..

MandyP
05-15-2012, 12:48 PM
You should of seen them earlier they were in there straw box spooning and Honey had her paw round Luna's neck awwwwwwwww so cute xx

fluffymunchkins
05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
How sweet :D Congrats of your new bun buns, I can't wait to see more of them x

Silver
05-15-2012, 01:03 PM
They are gorgeous

Congratulations on being talked into them

Silver xxx

p_anda
05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh my god, Luna is the cutest bunny I've ever seen, hands down.

tiger_lily
05-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Awww, they are lovely :) Rabbits are amazing pets, I have two loved up house rabbits and it's great seeing them snuggled up together!

Will you get these two spayed before bonding with your male? It will reduce any potential hormonal fall-outs as they get older. You should pop by forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk too, I joined when I got my first rabbit and learnt so much (plus there are lots of cute rabbit pictures!)

MandyP
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes i plan on getting them spayed. I dont want them to get ill later in life :)