PDA

View Full Version : Bronte's litter born 9th March 2008

Spuds Mum
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
well the pups are now 4 days old and Bronte is coping well. It appears to be a very large litter.

As Bronte tends to leave the nest open, it is quite easy to get a sneaky glimpse of the pups, and their skin is already darkening significantly. Their ears are now visible and are starting to lift slightly away from the head. Very dark eyes seen behind the skin tell me that the babies are going to be black eyed, and of course we do expect golden babies, so that fits in. It doesnt look as though there will be any suprises in the litter at this stage, but I haven't of course had an in depth look, just a quick glance.

At a quick count I did get up to 16 pups, but of course, I cant discount the possibility that some got counted twice or missed altogether in fact, due to the wriggle factor.

I came home from work tonight and went up to the hamster room, taking with me some hamster food bowls that had been washed. As I entered the room I dropped a ceramic one, and Bronte shot out from the nest and hid in her one toy, a cardboard tube (she loves chewing these).

So much for protective Mum! :roll: She scattered pups behind her and I had a couple of minutes of indignant squeals as she picked them up one by one to return them to the nest.

8) Thankfully she quickly settled down and seems none the worse for her fright! :D

Mollz
03-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Aww, it's great that everything seems to be going so well and that Bronte is (mostly :wink: ) being a good mum. At least she seems to have settled down again though.

Can't wait to hear (and see) these gorgeous babies growing up into the beautiful little hamsters they will soon be :D

Basia
03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
She's a character isn't she! :D
That's a very impressive litter, I'm glad she's doing them well, even if self-preservation takes over in emergencies!

Spuds Mum
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
she sure is a character Gill, and she has been even more of one since having the pups. She keeps 'tasting' me when I put food in the cage or give her a quick stroke, not a bite as such but she just 'mouths' my knuckles, before pulling back when she realises it is not food! Very strange, I may be having to up her protein before I lose a finger or two, it being carted off back to the nest for breakfast in bed or something!

:shock:

Basia
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Its hungry work feeding a mega-litter! Bless her, perhaps you smell a bit like chicken?

Spuds Mum
03-13-2008, 03:54 PM
hmmm not sure I want to smell like chicken? Especially with the price of my Issey Miyake perfume, Id rather smell a little more exotic :oops: :wink:

Bunsey
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
congrats! can't wait to see pics and find out the colours! :D

suga
03-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Aww baby hammies - how exciting :D
Hope that mum and babes continue to do well.

jayne
03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Aww, Congrats on your new little ones!
Hope mum is doing well and cant wait to see them :D

Spuds Mum
03-14-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks everyone, Mum and babies seem to be doing very well. its so amazing to see them change day by day, they are really dark now, and I think they will all be golden, as expected. At this stage, and from quick looks, they all seem very chubby and rounded. To see them yawn and then smack their lips together or to see one suckling on anothers foot is just the most amazing thing.

:lol:

agatecrystal
03-16-2008, 10:12 AM
congrats on the litter. cant wait to see pictures and hear how many there are in total 16s a very big litter she must be working hard bless her :)

Holly
03-16-2008, 10:45 AM
That's great Teresa, can't wait til we can see them all running round :wink:

Spuds Mum
03-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Well Bronte has decided that the time has come to move her nest to be nearer her food store (and under the water bottle too :roll: ). She carried the pups one by one to her new nest and so we now know there are definitely 14 pups.

We had to quickly move the water bottle whilst she was 'mid move' otherwise we would have had some very soggy baby hamsters.

There are a few smaller ones, and a few big bruising girls, but all look healthy and active (plus of course gorgeous) :D

Mollz
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
What a brilliant opportunity to get a head count! Typical that she moved them to under the water bottle though - I'm pretty sure mum and babies wouldn't have wanted a shower :wink:

I'm glad everything seems to be going well and am very eager for them to open their eyes and start pottering about so that we can finally get a look at them :D

Bunsey
03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
what colours do you think they'll carry again, i get mixed up with so many litters!

Spuds Mum
03-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Definitely cream and dark grey Bunsey, but also possibly black. I think black may be a possibility as some look a lot darker than others, but hey ho, we will see. Black would be great because that then gives us a possible boyfriend for Topaz when she is a little older that will produce nice dark goldens and maybe a black or two!!!! :D

Gust0o
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
If you get a suitable stud, would you be willing to let me 'borrow' him?

Spuds Mum
03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
If, through whatever means, gus, we get a good black boy at any stage soon, then you are more than welcome to borrow him for Wes.
On a sad note:
We have noticed two of the pups have passed away tonight. Bronte obviously noticed too and ejected them from the nest. So we collected them on a spoon after she came out for her tea, and they looked so perfect, with their hair growing well and markings coming through. Not a mark on them, but one had what looked like a bruised or blackened tummy under the skin, that makes me think that something was wrong internally. :cry: So sad, but I guess it is nature. I just hope the other pups are okay.

We have been sprinkling food around the nest and the nest is near the food corner in case the problem is with Bronte's milk supply to try to supplement their food. some do seem very much larger than others though.

Fingers crossed that the rest of the litter make it. :cry:

souffle
03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the little lost pups :cry: It is sad but as you say spud's mum it is natures way. It is a large litter and I hope the rest will continue to fare well. Bronte must be getting tired but she sounds like she is a good and attentive mum.

Gust0o
03-18-2008, 01:54 PM
If, through whatever means, gus, we get a good black boy at any stage soon, then you are more than welcome to borrow him for Wes.

Many thanks - am considering golden or black, if obtainable; as an intro to breeding, I think it might be easier to consider keeping the line going, as opposed to doing anything dramatic with it.

Oh dear, that's not good news on the pups; such is nature, unfortunately, but nature does strive to continue - and I'm sure you'll enjoy success with the remaining pups.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you :)

Basia
03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh that's a shame. Hopefully it is just nature taking it's course and the rest of the pups will grow up strong and healthy.

Spuds Mum
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
am considering golden or black, if obtainable; as an intro to breeding, I think it might be easier to consider keeping the line going, as opposed to doing anything dramatic with it.

that's very sensible Gus, to stick to one colour that can be done well and will be enhanced by Wes's colour as in golden, or with a good black to aim to improve on what is already a lovely start with plenty of potential.

Hopefully it is just nature taking it's course

Yes I'm hoping so too. In one way it was better than them just disappearing, but in another it was so upsetting to hold them both, looking so tiny and perfect and know that they didn't have the long and happy life I wish all of them. :(

Basia
03-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes I'm hoping so too. In one way it was better than them just disappearing, but in another it was so upsetting to hold them both, looking so tiny and perfect and know that they didn't have the long and happy life I wish all of them. :([/quote]
Yes there are very much 2 sides to breeding the litters a lot of joy but when things don't go right it can be heartbreaking too.
*hugs*
(Our litter is probably only half the size it started out at - 9 babies now)

Spuds Mum
03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I guess the thing is we cant anthropomorphise these animals, and we do all tend to do this.
When the pups dies Bronte just basically dumped one out of the nest as we were watching over the tub, and we thought "is it sleeping?" then when she did it with the other we realised. But I prefer her way of disposing I guess.

We let her out to play with her ball earlier, just so we could have a look at the other pups whilst she was busy. The others seem all alive and well so far, although there seem to be two distinct size groups - about three absolute huge pups, and about three minute ones with the others in between. Whilst she was out we fed some baby food from a spoon held into the nest, and of course, typically, the large ones were the ones interested! :roll:

We will supplement the smaller ones by hand feeding when we can hold the pups, as we have done before!

Basia
03-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess they will be out of the nest very soon! Are they all golden do you think?
Have you got some photos on the website?

Spuds Mum
03-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I dont have photos on the website unfortunately - as Arti is doing his redesign we thought we wouldnt this time - but I will email you some tomorrow if that's okay.

All are golden, but some at this stage do look darker than others, although that could change I guess. Amazingly with a nest full of golden pups, I can tell a few of them apart because they have particularly crisp markings, head shape etc.

I am now waiting to see if we get a mix of long hair and short, as both Cara and Grey-ham carry long hair. I've been told though that I am not allowed to keep a long hair already :?

Hopefully there will be a good boy and a good girl in there for me to keep for possible Topaz and Tabasco partners. :D

And also there may be a special privileged baby coming to us in the future for them too - remembering that you dont have to be poshto be privileged! :wink:

Basia
03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
[quote=Spud's Mum]I dont have photos on the website unfortunately - as Arti is doing his redesign we thought we wouldnt this time - but I will email you some tomorrow if that's okay.
I thought after I asked I should just go and look :? I would love you to e-mail them to me and I can go all gooey...

All are golden, but some at this stage do look darker than others, although that could change I guess. Amazingly with a nest full of golden pups, I can tell a few of them apart because they have particularly crisp markings, head shape etc.
Wow, hope I'm as observant if Posh takes after her mum and delivers me a huge litter of goldens! Have you got some crisp markings and good heads on the same pup?

I am now waiting to see if we get a mix of long hair and short, as both Cara and Grey-ham carry long hair. I've been told though that I am not allowed to keep a long hair already :?
Aw, is the lovely Arti trying to keep you in line? Te-he.

Hopefully there will be a good boy and a good girl in there for me to keep for possible Topaz and Tabasco partners. :D
Well you have a few to choose from. Tabasco has just got the most gorgeous expression. I am very envious of your 2 new arrivals.

And also there may be a special privileged baby coming to us in the future for them too - remembering that you dont have to be poshto be privileged! :wink:[/quote:3f4hwmwh]
Aw I hope so and perhaps a little 'gem' might be coming our way at some time in the future. :wink:

Mollz
03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry Teresa. But I'm sure that the others will be OK.

I've pmed you!

Can't wait to see all of these guys develop!

Holly
03-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Sorry to hear about those two little ones, Teresa :( ...hope the others continue doing fine.

Yaffle
03-19-2008, 06:19 AM
It really is a shame bout the two little ones, I hope you and Bronte are ok. Still, it means there'll be more milk to go round for the rest of the pups, hopefully the little ones will fatten up soon :D

Spuds Mum
03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi guys,

we lost another pup today, the tiniest runt. We made the decision to try supplementing it with lactol and porridge from a spoon for the last couple of days, but it just didnt seem to have any fight or energy at all. Bronte again moved her to the side of the nest where we noticed that she had passed away. RIP all the little ones who didnt make it.

Bronte now has 9 pups. One is still a lot smaller than the rest, although it does seem to have lots of personality and energy, and the other eight are just huge and very healthy.

There eyes have just opened so I will introduce them to you over this weekend! They have started venturing from the nest and absolutely love the food we sprinkle round the nest!
:D

Mollz
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about this little one passing - although I'm sure Bronte knows best and at least the others are thriving.

I can't wait to see them with their eyes open, I bet their personalities will now really begin to shine through! :D

souffle
03-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Sorry to hear Bronte's little pup died however her short life was filled with comfort in a warm nest with mum. RIP.
I am looking forwad to seeing the other little ones soon, I think our first spring baby pics :lol:

Jane
03-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear about the babies that passed away but I guess it's for the best especially if something wasn't right about them. Run free little ones.

Can't wait to see them :D

Holly
03-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry too about the little ones who haven't made it, Teresa :( ...I guess nature really does know best and I'm sure the others have a much better chance of growing well and being healthy now.

It's very exciting to think of them growing up and coming out of the nest - I'm dying to see piccies also :wink:

Spuds Mum
03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Well we definitely have 9 pups for the moment, and all have opened their eyes over the last two days.

Bronte has come out for a well earned cuddle and a break, and, having just fed her babies, they were all tired and content. I decided to just take a couple of photos without disturbing them.

You will see the size of the runt in comparison to its litter mates. The pups we lost were a similar size, however this little girl (I think?) seems to really have some energy and fight and so we are very hopeful about its future. You can also see a pup with much cleared markings at the top of the picture. There are actually a couple like this, and these are the ones we may possibly be welcoming as permanent family members.

So congratulations Paws and Caramel - meet the grandkids! :D

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_001.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_002.jpg

Mollz
03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh Teresa, they're beautiful!

Fingers crossed that the runt continues to grow and thrives like her brothers and sisters. I fell in love with a sable roan runt at the show today that was MUCH smaller than his brothers - but still as active and healthy.

Spuds Mum
03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Something to tell us Mollz? :wink: Any introductions to make?

Matty Day
03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
lovely hams :x

Jane
03-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Awwww they're so adorable :D I want :lol:

Yaffle
03-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Awww, wow Teresa they're lovely, some lovely markings and seem a nice and healthy size, i'm sure, the little guy will catch up, the runt in my litter certainly did, he's a right little fatty now :lol:

Basia
03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Aww, they are just gorgeous. They look so contented. Fingers crossed for the little one. :D
We have just 9 left now too.

Holly
03-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Oh they are so lovely, Teresa - I love this age and soon they'll be all over the place which is so cute!

The difference in markings is incredible, that dark one will be pretty well-marked I'd have thought - especially for a Golden with a Cream parent 8)

I'll keep everything crossed for little Runty who sounds like a battler.

cloptonite
03-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Oh my goodness, BABIES!!! How adorable :)
They are absolutely cracking lookers!
I'm sure the littlest one will soon catch up.
Sorry about the one's that didn't make it :cry:

souffle
03-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Oh my they are just gorgeous. The little one looks sturdy enough and they have lovely markings. Errrm I think Pawsy has a grandson there.

Spuds Mum
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh my they are just gorgeous. The little one looks sturdy enough and they have lovely markings. Errrm I think Pawsy has a grandson there.

Yes there does appear to be at least one! :oops: Sometimes it is hard to believe how these pet shops get syrian sexing so often wrong isn't it, when you see those boys, even at 2 weeks old! :D

pophammy
03-23-2008, 11:08 AM
AWWW!!!! They are gorgeous!!!! Pawsy is very pleased with his Grandchildren!

Moosley
03-23-2008, 12:24 PM
They are all so cute! But I am thinking that I really like that nice darkone at the top!!! and thats saying a lot as im not a fan of goldens really!

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Well doing a cage clean out today has given us chance to have a nice cuddle with the pups. They are all very sweet, and are now settling back into their (much fresher) home now. Here are a few photos, we seem to have a fairly even ratio of males to females, but I haven't done a proper sexing yet, as they are all so alike that as soon as I put them down I forget which one is which sex! :oops:

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_003.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_004.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_005.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_006.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_007.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_008.jpg

sorry a couple of photos are a little out of focus - the little blighters are so much quicker than my camera! :wink:

Jane
03-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Awwwwwwwww they're so cuteeeeee :)

I want :lol: :lol:

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 07:56 AM
You know my feelings on you as a hamster owner Jane! :shock:

......I would love one day to be able to present you with a wonderful pet for a wonderful pet owner. I have to say though that these aren't likely to be show winners because of the cream they are carrying. But they will make wonderful pets, and I too think they are just so beautiful. :D When you are ready for a new little guy, you probably would want one that you can love, but also that you could put in the main show when you come to them.

Maybe in the future there will be a super little guy with your name on it! who you will love and spoil just like Charlie and of course Jelly, Tic, Tac and Toe (sleep well guys x)

Jane
03-24-2008, 08:20 AM
If I was allowed I would have one, whether they were the best or the worst at shows :P Fancy convincing my parents? Haha, me neither :lol:

Basia
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Ah Teresa, they are so lovely. Such good photos too. They look nice typey babies, you must be pleased with them as you always knew the colour wouldn't be perfect. I think they are gorgeous. :D
Your little runt so reminds me of Runty at about the same stage, hope yours comes on as well as he did.

souffle
03-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Aww they are so sweet. Little Runty is tiny isn't she. I hope now she is out and about she will get her head it the trough and build up. Poor Bronte must be feeling tired out now. They will make great pets and hopefully one will produce the colour you are looking for in its next generation and who's to say they won't do well enough on the show bench as you never know how they might turn out spud's mum.

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh absolutely, I am delighted with them as I think I have some beautiful pups in there, and they seem a very friendly group too (all those good genes from both Mum and Dad's side have worked well). And I would never think they were not as good as any BIS hamster. It is just that they will not conform to the standards as well as some others I think!
I'm really pleased with them all, I dont think their colour is bad at all, and we do have some with very nice type. There should be hopefully a nice little girlfriend for Tabasco that will bring me some lovely dark greys that have benefited from those strong cinnamon and cream genes in there! And maybe of course, if we are lucky along the line, lilacs and black eyed ivories and red eyed ivories.

So no, this litter has not been created without me knowing what to expect, and Bronte has really come through for me. :x

She is tired, but looks in great condition, and still seems to have a little fat on her! She does seem to be getting a little short tempered with them though, and I am sure she will be ready for some R&R in another fortnight! :D

Holly
03-24-2008, 08:35 AM
sorry a couple of photos are a little out of focus - the little blighters are so much quicker than my camera! :wink:

What??!! Those pictures are incredible :P

You've got the same problem I had with my all Cream litter - only it's even worse for you - I had Satins, LH's and SH's to make it easier :shock:

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh meant to add - I think a couple of them may be long haired - but can't fully be sure. It wouldnt be unexpected as both Mum and Dad carry long hair. For example the one under the water bottle - any thoughts or ideas? :?:

souffle
03-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Funnily enough I was just about to suggest that but I did not know Grah-ham was a LH carrier. The ones with the clearest markings are likely pure SH and the ones with tufty bits like Runty are either LH or LH carriers I would say. Runty looks LH.

Yaffle
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Awww Teresa they are lovely, want more pics!
Whoever ends up giving a home to the little guys will be really lucky, if they are anything like Minx they will have a lovely termperament, I have to say that Minx is the friendliest hamster I've ever had!

Mollz
03-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Aw, they just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Keep us updated with pictures :D

agatecrystal
03-24-2008, 10:26 AM
aww they r gorgeous... cant wait for my girl to get pregnant. (having trouble getting her pregnant at the mo. lol) I have two pet golden males and my female is flesheared white so expecting some golds, whites and possibly cinnamons in my litter.

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
aww that sounds lovely agatecrystal. I think predicting what you are going to get and then seeing if any surprises pop up is one of the most exciting parts of rearing a litter! Will it be your first litter or have you bred before? :D

jayne
03-24-2008, 02:30 PM
*drools*

Spuds Mum, they are adorable! The little one with the very, very dark cheek flash is a stunner!

Bunsey
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
yey, more photos!

when i was sexing my robo babies and they all looked the same, i got 3 boxes. i picked one up in turn and then put it in the male box, female box or "dunno" box! then i just kept checking them over and over. i guess you don't need to do that with syrians though, as by the time they go to new homes it'll be obvious and no need to pair any of them up in single sex groups. i was so careful and worried that i'd give someone a male and female and they'd end up with double inbred babes :shock:

Spuds Mum
03-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Good idea though Bunsey! As you say, syrians are a little easier and we sex them each day while we are handling, and they do get more obvious by the day, let us say :oops:

Tonight we have handled, and I am amazed, at first look there appears to be 6 males, 2 females, and the runt, who I first thought was female, but tonight looks like a male.

I didnt want to spend too much time putting runty on his/her back as s/he is sooo tiny, but Im sure we will know for definite soon.

As they are growing it is becoming more obvious that some are long haired too. They are getting incredibly noisy, and lots of squabbles are breaking out (which Mum ignores). Arti can't ignore them though, and spends a lot of time moving an offending pup away to the 'naughty step' (his hand) where they are told to think about their actions :roll:

agatecrystal
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
aww that sounds lovely agatecrystal. I think predicting what you are going to get and then seeing if any surprises pop up is one of the most exciting parts of rearing a litter! Will it be your first litter or have you bred before? :D

Yeah this will be my first. Pretty confident though because I can get a lot of advice if anything was to go wrong and ive well read lol. This will be the first to many hopefully.

Spuds Mum
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
well good luck to you agatecrystal, it is a very exciting time, and I hope Mum and babies do very well :D

Hanlou
03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
They're really gorgeous! That pic of them all snuggled up just makes me feel all 'awwww...'. :D

Beautiful babies x

Basia
03-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Naughty step - I love it! They are beautiful little pups. Our Runty was a male, are the girls too greedy to be a runt do you think? Our girls were always first at the milk bar and food bowls. :P

Jane
03-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Anymore piccies of these gorgeous babies yet :lol:

agatecrystal
03-26-2008, 07:26 AM
well good luck to you agatecrystal, it is a very exciting time, and I hope Mum and babies do very well :D

thank you.

nooboo
03-26-2008, 07:27 AM
you know i have only had one female runt, you may have a point with the lazy male thing, or maybe the girls are just too forceful!

i am with jane though any more pictures yet! i love baby pics :P

Spuds Mum
03-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Well I posted this last night, but it doesn't seem to have taken the post! :?

Pups are doing well, though are incredibly difficult for me to photo (Arti manages better) so here are some of my pics from yesterday

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_009.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_010.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_011.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_012.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_013.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_014.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_015.jpg

and Mum praying for 5 minutes peace

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_016.jpg

Pic of the day - imagine you are sleeping soundly in your bed, when, suddenly, a huge hand scoops you up and lifts you high, higher than your house, and transports you to strange new places......what would your reaction be??????

Yup - you would be oblivious to it all, and wouldn't wake up! :roll:

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_017.jpg

Moosley
03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
I adore pups when they are that ages! So cute and warm and squishy and sleep and just dont care! I have an old photo of Fluff who became Domino when she was about 4 weeks old asleep on her back on my lap like that.

Holly
03-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Awww they are so cute! And little Runty looks like he/she is still battling on 8)

Bronte is a star, tell her Caramel, Will and I are proud of her :)

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 06:45 AM
there lovely hams whish i could steal them all :twisted:

Mollz
03-27-2008, 08:00 AM
They just keep getting cuter and cuter :D
They all look to be really helthy and happy, you and Bronte are doing an excellent job at bringing them up - even little runty looks to be doing well!

Not another little runt - I just find their tiny-ness so adorable.

nooboo
03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
very cute litter! love the fast asleep hamster

makes me all broody...

for hamsters :P

Basia
03-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Awww, lovely photos, lovely babies. They are gorgeous Teresa. 8)

Bunsey
03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
aww, super cuteness! i can't wait for my baba hams!

Jane
03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
AWwwww they're all so gorgeous :D Gotta say I'm in love with runty :wink: Awwww. (pst, someone come persuade my parents to let me have one :lol:)

Mollz
03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
AWwwww they're all so gorgeous :D Gotta say I'm in love with runty :wink: Awwww. (pst, someone come persuade my parents to let me have one :lol:)

I could give it a try (I need someone to have runty before I steal him/her :D )!!
I've always been really good at persuading my mum and (I'm sure others can vouch for this) it is now the other way round - she tries to persuade me :)

Spuds Mum
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Well, trying to be realistic here,

whilst I would be honoured for runty (who we call meerkat as he looks just like one!) to come to either of you.....

Mollz - you have plans, and I dont think a little meerkat fits in with them! :wink: just think, if it were a case of take meerkat but not breed Amelie??

Jane - I think your parents are very understanding about your mini-zoo, and so, though it may sadden both of us, if they say no more hams for a while, then thats the way it has to be. :(

But we may bring him to Brockholes for you to have a cuddle Jane, as long as you don't get confused and make him into a toastie whilst helping in the kitchen! :shock:

Mollz
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Well, trying to be realistic here,

whilst I would be honoured for runty (who we call meerkat as he looks just like one!) to come to either of you.....

Mollz - you have plans, and I dont think a little meerkat fits in with them! :wink: just think, if it were a case of take meerkat but not breed Amelie??

Jane - I think your parents are very understanding about your mini-zoo, and so, though it may sadden both of us, if they say no more hams for a while, then thats the way it has to be. :(

But we may bring him to Brockholes for you to have a cuddle Jane, as long as you don't get confused and make him into a toastie whilst helping in the kitchen! :shock:

Nah - wouldn't fit in realistically, but I can pretend :D
Very cute and fitting nickname though :x

souffle
03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
They are looking great. Little Runty is a fiesty one and must be holding her(?) own amongst the big ones. I am sure she will catch up in the end. Pawsy and Uncle Napoleon send their cuddles to the little ones and Bronte :lol:

Bunsey
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
i showed the pics to my mum and she said that the runt would be her choice too :lol:

definately no goldens here though. they don't fit in with my plans at all

Yaffle
03-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Awww love them, gorgeous little things!

Are u planning on putting one of the girls to Tabsy? Or have I got that wrong?

Spuds Mum
03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Well that was the plan originally Yaffle, but we appear to only have two girls and I dont think that either will be good enough type etc. They also (sods law) appear to be long haired and I am trying to steer clear of long haired at the moment :cry: so we are thinking of parting with all of them this time. We already have some good homes waiting for a few of them.

I'm going to wait a little while before making a final decision though.

Yaffle
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Typical! Nevermind. Was saying to Basia that it's funny that all of our litters seemly to be mainly boys at the minute!

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
well i hope athena,s is i want more boys than girls :x

Jane
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Yup, you're right but it's still not fair :lol: Ah, I can just drool over photos :lol: I showed my dad a piccy of runty and he didn't really comment :roll:

Feel free to post more piccies whenever you feel like it hehe.

And oooh, a cuddle at Brockholes would be good if I could :D

Brambles Dad
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Was taking some pics of runty and decided to set up a prop and make my very own 'lolham' style photo (no catz allowed when the ham's are out!)

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/lolham.jpg

He is now curled up fast asleep with his mum (Bronte, not Spud's mum lol), though I should think so at 2.41am!

Bunsey
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
very sweet :D

it's great having hamsters because when you can't sleep there's always something to do! :lol:

Holly
03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh very cute :wink:

Mollz
03-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Very cute :D

Yaffle
03-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Awww I love runty :D

pophammy
03-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Aww, runty is gorgeous! Sweet pic

nooboo
03-29-2008, 02:46 PM
oh, we so need to start a lolhams thread :D

great picture :)

Brambles Dad
03-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I agree nooboo, we should have a lolhams thread. Shall i start one? Not sure where to put it though? General? Need to be careful where i set it up, the mods are everywhere and might remove it and tell me off (am in fact referring to the mod 'spuds mum' who is sat behind me on her laptop! She is so bossy - is dissing a mod allowed? lol)

I also have a link to a lol translator where you type it normally and it converts it to lol speak, which is what i did. I could put it on the first post for people to use.

nooboo
03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
sounds like a plan...though i tend to use and not use lol speak when i have done some before....i just think of some of my fav lolcats.. :P

hmmm.... i have a computer case open i see opportunity for comp based lolhams...they are inn urz computas running ur server :wink:

Brambles Dad
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
the lolham thread has been created in general hamster chat!

http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3303

Holly
04-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Just wondered how my nephews and neices are doing and if you had any new piccies to post?

Do you know which you are keeping yet?

Spuds Mum
04-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi :oops:
I am sorry, though we have lots of pics, I haven't posted as we have had a few manic days - will do so tomorrow - promise.

They are all beautiful now, and even our runt is growing rounded and well. Bronte still looks fit and well, and it does appear that we have a mix of long and short haired. They are all really calm and friendly.

I still am unsure whether we will be keeping any, as we only have 2 girls, and they appear to be long haired :? which will be a real shame. Once they are separated out in the next week or so, we will have a good look and decide. They are all so sweet though, with gorgeous personalities that it will be a hard decision whatever.

But if not, we are planning on letting Bronte have another litter later in the year, maybe to our Dubs so that we can keep a little Carapaws offspring still. :D

Bourne Valley Hams
04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Just stirring things here but I have in the past made the mistake of thinking that I can always keep one from the next litter - then the next litter doesn't happen for one reason or another and before you know it you have lost the line....
Told you I was stirring!!! :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I know what you mean Sue - and exactly why.

My REC butterbean had a litter of 13 minks (Dad was UU obviously but I hadnt realised) and so although I kept one pup it wasnt the best (kept as it had an eye problem) and thought we would like another litter from her....
.......have tried putting her with my cinnamon boy for the last 6 nights and she hasnt stood or even shown any signs of being in heat. So it looks like we have missed the boat for her too. :(

Maybe I should keep one - but the best of the litter appears to be male (I need a female) and long haired (I need short haired really) so it really is sods law.

Thing is though Sue, me trying to be sensible and make a rational decision to let them go on here is fine - doing it is harder though. :?

They are goldens carrying cream and dark grey - which would be useful in the longer term for my plans. But I am not at the stage of a purpose built outbuilding yet, and my hamster room is getting quite full.

Tell you what though Sue - if I post some photos tomorrow, will you come back and give your advice on whether you think I have some with good type etc. as that may really help me decide? pleeaase? :D

Spuds Mum
04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
well last night I promised to post some pics of my now HUGE babies :D Even the tiniest is eating us out of house and home and growing at an astounding rate! :D

Arti has better pics on his super duper camera, but unfortunately he has a lot on his plate at the moment, so apologies but here are some of my efforts....
.....oh and the wodent wheel was a mistake - we put it in the tub for Bronte to have a play whilst the pups were out and forgot to take it out before putting them back - they had 5 minutes causing chaos before we realised then we spent 10 minutes trying to coax them all out! :oops: But no harm done.

The pups are now 26 days old, and Mum will be separated from them in the next few days, though she shows no signs of irritation with them yet, and still allows them to suckle, bless her.

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_018.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_019.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_020.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_021.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_022.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_023.jpg

We have 2 girls and 7 boys - this one is a boy!!!!!!
http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_024.jpg

will try to get Arti to put some individual and better ones on later tonight or tomorrow! :D

Gust0o
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
A boy, you say??!!! :x

I love the pic of the wheel... that sums it all up for me :x

leedsgurl
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Sooooo cute!!! I love the one of them in the wheel, looks like they're having lots of fun :)

Bunsey
04-03-2008, 02:02 PM
oh my goodness! death by cuteness is a good way to go!

i heart that wheel photo! :D

Basia
04-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Ah, Teresa they are absolutely gorgeous. 8)
The wheel photo is a classic.

Matty Day
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
that weel pic is v funny. are yo going to keep any ?

nooboo
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
lovely pics loved the wheel shot!

congrats, thats a beautiful litter

cloptonite
04-04-2008, 01:08 AM
My goodness, you're not joking when you say they've grown :shock: The last pic really demonstrates just how big they are against that hand!!

They are VERY cute :)

Mollz
04-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Such gorgeous babies- love the second pic!

I'd never guess that the one in the last pic was a boy - never! :x

Holly
04-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Oh Teresa they are beautiful, so so cute!

If I didn't have my two litters coming I'd be tempted by a little Carapaw Golden carrying Dark Grey boy for sure, bless them.

PinkEmily
04-04-2008, 05:24 AM
:shock: How CUTE! I love the wheel pics, they look like they are having a great time!

Mollz Mum
04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh wow, they are so gorgeous!! fab pictures too.

agatecrystal
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
~faints of cuteness overload~

I love goldens!

Spuds Mum
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone, I think they are awfully sweet too! :D

Mum has been separated from the pups tonight, no signs of irritation until today at all, but wow - today she was one 'bad Mamma' :oops:

We also at the same time separated boys and girls and so now the two girls are in a new cage, and happily taking turns on the silent spinner in there.

The boys are staying put in the bin cage, and are currently driving each other crazy like normal boys at a playground - whizzing each other round on the satellite dish type wheel (thought it would be safer after last nights little adventures with the wodent wheel!)

Watching them all climbing on at once then all running fast so it spins quickly before they all jump off, just reminds me of how my brother used to be when we went to the park!! (although my brother was and is a lot less cute. lol :x )

souffle
04-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Awww they are so gorgeous. Grandad Pawsy and uncle Poly are so proud and all those boys. EEEEEk! No wonder Bronte got fed up with them. Once boys have their toys mummy has no control! :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Well we have taken individual photos today so I am very pleased to present to you - Bronte & Grey-ham's babies.

Firstly the boys:

boy 1 - a shorthair

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_025.jpg

boy 2 - a longhair - this one has really tugged at my hearstrings -the longhaired ones seem to have better faces to my inexperienced eyes, and this one is just so sweet and fluffy!

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_026.jpg

boy 3 - a shorthair

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_027.jpg

boy 4 a longhair

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_028.jpg

boy 5 a shorthair

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_029.jpg

boy 6 a longhair - or no - is it this one that I really love - he is so chunky and laid back !

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_030.jpg

boy 7 a shorthair - our little runt who is now growing so well - and bullying his brothers!

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_031.jpg

And the girls - both shorthaired

girl 1

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_032.jpg

and girl 2

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_033.jpg

I still dont know what to do about keeping any. My heart says to keep a longhaired boy, but my head reminds me that we have a golden boy coming soon, and want to stay with shorthaired. They girls seem more 'pointy faced' although still beautiful, so I really dont know what to do.....advice gratefully received :D

Mollz
04-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh, I do love boy 6 - if I was you, I'd keep him!
Although, like me, you do need to think about future breeding plans - but it would be so hard not to keep one of those cuties!!!

Matty Day
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
i vote you keep girl 1 shes somthing specail there just somthing about her. and its a wife for your golden boy :x

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I know Mollz, I know :( I wanted to keep a girl, and then when my golden boy arrives (courtesy of Posh and Becks) then I could do two lines. The girls are sweet, and maybe I just am not judging them as well as I should, but compared to boy 6 dont seem as good type. In an idea world I would keep one of each....but Ive got to be realistic. :roll:

I need Sue and other breeders opinions really (oh - not discounting yours Mollz - you know what I mean) to tell me if any have potential for breeding, as I know showing will be out really as they are very light due to the cream. :?

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
i vote you keep girl 1 shes somthing specail there just somthing about her. and its a wife for your golden boy :x

yes its a nice photo isnt it Matty, and she looks quite good type in it - that still might be an option.. :D

Bunsey
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
they're lovely! i have to say i like the LH boys best, too.

Mollz
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
I need Sue and other breeders opinions really (oh - not discounting yours Mollz - you know what I mean) to tell me if any have potential for breeding, as I know showing will be out really as they are very light due to the cream. :?

No worries - I know what you mean!

Bourne Valley Hams
04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Lovely looking bunch! :D
The colour is really not too bad and will hopefully improve as they mature. I have seen worse on the show bench!
The broadness of face is to an extent an illusion - long hairs do tend to look chunkier in the face.
Girl 1 does look quite a cutie - Beckham & Posh's lines both carry black so their offspring may be a little on the dark side which could compliment her slight paleness.
From a showing point of view longhaired golden boys don't tend to do very well as the grey underskirt shows through washing out the top colour. Having said that, I have a weakness for LH in all colours and have even won a show with a LH gold satin boy.

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 01:48 PM
so you think girl 1 may be good enough to breed from Sue? That would be great as I would dearly love to keep one of the litter, and a girl is what I need for Beckhams baby boy (he already has 1 girlfriend waiting, so goodness knows, he is going to be a busy boy). thank you so much for your advice - I do really appreciate it.

souffle
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
They are all lovely but I like Boy 2 coz he is just so sweet and girl 1 who seems to have the best type. I know judges seem to like the really heavy ticking these days but to my mind the standard does not really call for such heavy ticking as some show. I wish they had the three colours of Golden still as then it would be easier to place the hamsters in a specific colour and judge it to that standard.

Basia
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Aw, Teresa, they are just gorgeous. I like girl 1 too and I rather like boy 5, well I like all of them really. 8)
Posh & Becks are going to have a lot to live up to!

Holly
04-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Teresa they are all just lovely - *swoon*

I'd say Girl 1 (though I'm a LH obsessive I know LH isn't where you want to go) and, as Sue says, Posh/Becks are quite dark and carry black so ...perfect :)

If I didn't have approximately 300 hamsters here at this moment I'd be so tempted by one of your LH boys :?

agatecrystal
04-08-2008, 04:16 AM
They are lovely Teresa. Well done. I love the longhaired little boys.

Jane
04-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Awww they're so cute.

I just showed my mum all the photos in this thread and she "awww"ed at them all :lol: Just curious, do they all have homes now?

Lolo
04-09-2008, 06:29 AM
All are adorable!!! :P

cloptonite
04-09-2008, 07:23 AM
OMG, I need the LH no. 2!!!
They are all adorable, but he has too much cuteness happening!

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Awww they're so cute.

I just showed my mum all the photos in this thread and she "awww"ed at them all :lol: Just curious, do they all have homes now?

Jane they don't, apart from Girl 1 now probably :wink: if you have managed to convince your Mum with photos of them, I can always bring one to you at Brockholes!!! (Just let me know which one takes your fancy :D

If not, we have litters planned for later in the year too - including a smoke pearl/dark grey tort litter, and a shorthaired golden from Topaz and Posh and Becks baby due today - plus hopefully a cinnamon litter - so we can keep working on her for a while - I am determined sooner or later I will give you a ham to love and spoil like you do Charlieee :x

Jane
04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
:lol: Not quite but she has fell in love :wink: but I don't know if she'll let me.

Don't suppose you could get more piccies? :lol: If not don't worry I know you've already posted loads.

Holly
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Oooh exciting, Jane - I'd love it if you got a Carapaw grandchild :P

Which one do you like? I want one of the LH boys but have to sensible :?

Jane
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I love them all :lol: I would love a long haired one because I've never had a long haired hammy, but then any would be great.

Not too sure whether they're gunna let me though so better not get my hopes up :roll: :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 10:02 AM
okay - give me a couple of hours and I will get Arti to take some photos of the LH boys in adorably cute poses lol! :wink:

Jane
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Yay thanks :lol: Can't wait :P

Holly
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I love them all :lol: I would love a long haired one because I've never had a long haired hammy, but then any would be great.

Not too sure whether they're gunna let me though so better not get my hopes up :roll: :lol:

I've got everything crossed for you, Jane - I love the LH boys too so I know where you are coming from!

Oooh I hope you can 8)

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm in love with boy number 2 (although they're all soooo cute) :D

It's so hard seeing all the new babies on the forum and saying 'no' to myself :roll:

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Close your eyes then Claire - new photos shortly lol :D

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
oh no!!!

must resist .......

Matty Day
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
So have you made your mind up are you keeping any Teresa :x

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay, Arti has been snapping away, and hamsters have been running away (!) but we managed to get some photos

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_034.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_035.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_036.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_037.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_038.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_039.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_040.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_041.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_042.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_043.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_044.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bronte_pups_045.jpg

Sorry there are so many - Arti said choose the best ones - and I kept saying "oh that one, oh no and that one...." etc. etc.

And Matty - I think girl 1 may be having a home with us - but I am waiting until the end of the week to fully make up my mind! :D

PS Claire - I know why you like that boy no 2 (and bet you can spot him in the photos above cant you? - he looks just like Yeti's litter - seriously I think that is where the shared genes are showing - I think he is Tabs's double!

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 02:07 PM
yes that's exactly what I was thinking!

Look at this picture of Tab's at a similar age it's mad!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/Yaffle1985/090-1.jpg

Holly
04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh God - they are absolutely beautiful. Lovely squashy faces and everything. Quick Jane and Claire - take those two boys so I can't ( 300 hamsters here already, 300 hamsters here already - my new mantra :oops: ).

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't tempt me I don't need any encouragement! :lol:

Basia
04-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Aw Teresa they are just too gorgeous, what lovely baby faces and they are so pretty. They are irresistable.....

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 02:20 PM
yes that's exactly what I was thinking!

Look at this picture of Tab's at a similar age it's mad!

Even holding their hands up the same, bless them. Now if that had been a girl - Tabs would have been lined up without a doubt! But we may get some nice Yetilets out of Girl 1 too! :D

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
are you planning to put one of the girls to tabs then (if you keep her that is?)
what would you get?

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
We might get some dark greys carrying cream or cinnamon Claire - or goldens carrying dark grey, cinnamon & cream (any combination thereof) so we would hopefully get some nice dark ones (no cream) carrying dark grey (darker ticking) and cinnamon (brighter fur) that might be quite nice.... :wink:

Yaffle
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
awww that'd be nice. I can't wait for one of my babies to have babies!

Are you planning on bringing the pups to Brockholes?

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
well they are ready to go to the pet shop this weekend, I was planning, but miscalculated by a week, and I know the shop are desperately waiting for some.

The only thing I could do was take half the litter and then bring the other half when those have been sold maybe...was thinking of doing that because one of the SH boys had an awful accident last night and has a small cut on his back (nothing serious but we want it to heal of course before taking him to the store). Obviously we dont want to separate him as he wont be reintergrated - but maybe a solution would be to split the litter..

Yaffle
04-10-2008, 05:24 AM
seems like a plan to me! I'd love to see some of them for a cuddle. Why don't you book some in for sales at Brockholes and they may get re-homed without the need for a petshop :D

Bailey-Benji
04-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Aww, they're all adorable!!

Mollz
04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh yes - Claire and Jane please take those lovely boys!

You are such a tease Teresa :D
Seriously though, they are GORGEOUS!! Such sweet faces.

Jane
04-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Ahhhh, they're so adorable.

I'm afraid my parents aren't really agreeing with the whole get-Jane-another-hamster thing :cry:

Holly
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
That's such a shame, Jane :cry:

seems like a plan to me! I'd love to see some of them for a cuddle. Why don't you book some in for sales at Brockholes and they may get re-homed without the need for a petshop :D

Oh God, I'll be in trouble if I see those LH boys - though by then I'll have 24 baby hams running round in addition to our usual 18 :shock:

That might work as a new hamster deterrent!

Spuds Mum
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
OOOOO aren't parents evil :twisted: how about we do a swap at Brockholes - you come home with me and I will leave Rose there for your family.... Im sure your Mum and Dad wouldn't notice the difference!! :wink:

One day Jane.....one day....... :wink: :wink: :x

Jane
04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
OOOOO aren't parents evil :twisted: how about we do a swap at Brockholes - you come home with me and I will leave Rose there for your family.... Im sure your Mum and Dad wouldn't notice the difference!! :wink:

One day Jane.....one day....... :wink: :wink: :x

:lol: :lol: Hmm, think my mum and dad might notice though :wink:

And yep, one day I will have one of your babies :lol:

Mollz Mum
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
OOOOO aren't parents evil :twisted:

Hey! Not all of us are evil :wink:

I used to have the one hamster policy, but it didn't last for long - we're at four at the moment, soon to be five (one of my own!) and a litter planned!

Jane: I suggest you take them along to lots of shows. You never know, they might get hooked too :D

Jane
04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
[quote="Spud's Mum":2ngtmrhg]OOOOO aren't parents evil :twisted:

Hey! Not all of us are evil :wink:

I used to have the one hamster policy, but it didn't last for long - we're at four at the moment, soon to be five (one of my own!) and a litter planned!

Jane: I suggest you take them along to lots of shows. You never know, they might get hooked too :D[/quote:2ngtmrhg]

Mum refuses to come and dad finds them boring though :lol: Also, can't be too far away because dad has to be my taxi..and getting him to be a taxi to go to somewhere he doesn't really want to go is hard! :P

Will not give up...must not give up! :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh bless you poppet, they are great though, they let you have lots of pets, much more than my parents ever did! :D

souffle
04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
What a shame Jane. If you want to get the train there is a station in Brockholes right outside our house so I am happy to meet you there and see you back safely.

Spuds Mum
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
If you pm me your postcode Jane, Ill do a search and see whether it is possible for us to pick you up on the way?? I know it hasnt worked out for previous shows, but this one it might if we are lucky x :D

Mollz
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
If you pm me your postcode Jane, Ill do a search and see whether it is possible for us to pick you up on the way?? I know it hasnt worked out for previous shows, but this one it might if we are lucky x :D

I'd just said that to mum - if you were near us we could take you to all the shows that we go to. Hopefully Teresa or Souf can sort something out for you Jane!

Jane
04-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Thank you for the transport offers etc :D

Have found that Teresa would only need to do a 10 minute detour to pick me up so she's very kindly offered to take me to the show :D

Yaffle
04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Awww Jane that's great, Teresa is lovely, it's nice that we can all help eachother out :D

I know how you feel about the whole parents and 'hamster ban', my Mum wouldn't let me have any hamsters cos my step dad is scared of them, even though he's a six foot monster :shock: so the day I moved out I bought a ham and now I have 10, so you just need to be patient. Saying that, soon after I moved out my mum came round to the idea of hamsters and now they have two of their own including one from a litter I had, so they may come round to the idea, hope so :wink:

Jane
04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Guess what!! :D

They said yes! I'm allowed another hammybammy :) They were even thinking up hamster names with me last night, which is not like them at all! I'm really happy. :D

Eeee, I can't wait :D

Holly
04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
That's fantastic, Jane :D

I'm ecstatic that a little Carapaw grandchild is going to you - do you know which one you want (I do love the LH boys but they are all cute!)? It's gonna be pretty hard to choose :shock:

Spuds Mum
04-10-2008, 11:57 PM
No sorry Jane - you cant have one.......

kiddding :x :x

you can have your pick of the LH boys my love...in fact if I bring them to Brockholes and pick you up, you can spend the car journey deciding whcih one! :wink: :wink:

Im really pleased, the baby will have a lovely home with you :x

Basia
04-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Aw congratulations Jane, I am so pleased you have having one of Bronte's babies. Your Mum and Dad obviously appreciate having such a lovely daughter!
Now I expect to see hundreds of photos of him! :D

souffle
04-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Oh Jane I am so pleased that you will have one of the baby hams from Brontes litter. That is so exciting. Wey hey can't wait to see them at Brockholes and say hi to Pawsys grandkids though he won't be there himself a it is rather a long day for a grandad. :lol:

Yaffle
04-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Awww wow that's great news, lucky u :D

Can't wait to see the babies :D

Mollz
04-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Wow, great news about being able to go to the show - and even better news about getting a new hammy!!!! Can't wait to hear which one you choose and see lots and lots of pictures :D

Jane
04-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone :) Really excited hehe! Not sure which I'm having, Teresa is going to bring all the long haired ones to Brockholes for me, but I know it's gunna be hard to choose :lol:

Holly
04-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Brilliant Jane - looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your new baby :)

Mollz Mum
04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
See, told you parents aren't really bad! That's great news Jane, shame we won't get to see you as we'll be going to Monmouth. I'm sure you'll choose a stunner :D

Yaffle
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Awww I'm very jealous :lol:

Bailey-Benji
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Thats great news Jane!

..now who wants to volunteer to take a detour up to Scotland and take me to the show? Don't all rush at once! :x :x :x

Jane
04-13-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm currently counting down :lol:

If you have some time in the next week I would appreciate more piccies, but I can live without them :wink: Do you mind if I post a few piccies on another forum? I couldn't resist telling them that I'm getting another hammy, and now they want piccies :lol:

Spuds Mum
04-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry Jane, been really busy, but quickly took these last night!

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/gold_pups_001.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/gold_pups_002.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/gold_pups_003.jpg

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/gold_pups_004.jpg

Hope they are okay!

Jane
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Awwwwww! They're looking gorgeous! Ahhh I'm even more excited now :lol: So fluffy!

Yaffle
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Awwww I've been waiting for these too, they're lovely :D

Spuds Mum
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
They are not the best photos - so apologies - but were taken very quickly - they are much more beautiful in real life, and so so tame! :D

Mollz
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Awww, they just get cuter every time I see them!!!

agatecrystal
04-18-2008, 10:14 AM
They ar gorgeous. Bet you're gonna miss them!

Mollz Mum
04-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh they are just lovely. I don't know how you manage to part with them.

Spuds Mum
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Well as girl 1 (Audi) is staying with us, that will be something, and I am really glad that Jane is taking 'soon to have a name long hair'.

I may be bringing the others back though of course, they are going on the sales tables, and maybe no-one will want them :? But if they do go, you're right Emma, I will miss them, so need to have more pups as soon as possible :x

Yaffle
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm sure people will want them they're lovely, I can't wait to see them for a cuddle :D