PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

peanut25
05-27-2005, 07:38 PM
When is it alright to hold the babies? They are going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow and mommy doesn't like staying in the cage for that long. I put her back every 5-10 minutes and all she wants to do is come back out. I leave her in there for a while though. I want to hold them but when is the right time. I have pictures of them and will post them soon.

babyboos
05-28-2005, 10:14 AM
When you take mummy out play with her for a few minutes so her scent gets on your hands and then let her play in her ball or wherever you let her run around for her "out" time normally. And then yes the moment is here... You can play with the babies - pick them up carefully as they will be very jumpy and check them all over. See if you can tell what sex they are etc and make sure to touch them all. Then before putting mum back in play with her for a good few minutes so she gets used to your scent again. Only spend a minute at most with each baby to begin with but over the coming days you can build this up - just repeat this process everytime you want to play with them and always touch them all.

Oh it is so exciting be sure to show us all some pictures soon :oops: