PDA

View Full Version : Next Litter Due (photos of parents) + of Babies!!

Moosley
03-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok, I will have to admit to absolutely falling in love and buying a Black Dominant Spot female, she is an absolute monster, the photos just dont do justice! I only went to sex the new babies (new breeder..)

I decided to put her to my Yellow male, he is absolutely stunning, very dark ticking and so laid back! He is a 'Happy Valley' hamster, i have his brother a Honey and an unrelated infertile (sob!) BEC from the same breeder.

I can't wait for some splodgy moo cow babies and desperately want lots of torts!

I know I can expect blacks/yellows/black dom spots/yellow dom spots/ black torts/ black tort dom spots. I think that was it! LOL

Ok, mum is called Bessy (BSE aka Mad Cow Disease... you'll see...)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/26thfebruary043.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/26thfebruary041.jpg

Dad needs a name, I cant find one that fits him!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/CopyrightYellowMale.jpg

Spacemonkey
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
What a gorgeous girl! Lucky you, the babies will be stunning :)

She reminds me of another certain other moo cow named hamster.... :P

Moosley
03-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess thats why I was such a sucker for her! I only saw her eyes peeking out her nest and said 'i want that one too'. She looks sooo much like Moosley Moo!

Oh, whoops :roll: :x forgot to mention i took home a dove tort as well! Im not sure she'll be a breeder though, not impresse with her size or temperment, she just isnt growing like hams normally do.

Holly
03-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Wow! They are both absolute stunners! As you will no doubt find out there's been a lot of interest in Torts on this forum lately (get ready for the rush!). I'm more interested in Dom Spots after seeing two Towy Vale Dom Spots at Highworth, they were lovely and have set me thinking.

Bessy is a beauty but then so is your No-Name 8)

Spuds Mum
03-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Ahh what beauties indeed! I love your honey boy and hope he gets a name soon.
Bessy is so prety and I am sure you will get some gorgeous pups from them both! :x

Mollz
03-07-2008, 03:47 AM
They are so gorgeous and will make such beautiful babies.
I'll have to keep my eyes closed when you post pictures of their babies, as I'm going to be so tempted :shock:

Moosley
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Awww Mollz :twisted: and you are probably one of the people most local to me! :lol: Are you sure you'll resist? Shall I 'accidentally' PM you photos? haha!

Mollz
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Awww Mollz :twisted: and you are probably one of the people most local to me! :lol: Are you sure you'll resist? Shall I 'accidentally' PM you photos? haha!
I would actually like to know when these are born/ready for new homes as I may have to give in and have one - so feel free to 'accidentally' pm me pictures and I may 'accidentally' come to your house and collect one!
They are just so lovely .....

Bunsey
03-07-2008, 12:07 PM
no-name is gorgeous! :D

Basia
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I've been meaning to post on this thread all day but have been a bit preoccupied.
Those hamsters are really gorgeous, I absolutely love dad. (well, and mum!)
Looking forward to seeing photos of the babies. :D

Moosley
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you on behalf of my babies! :D

I forgot to mention that Bessy is due on the 14th this month hehe!

souffle
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello Moosley. Do I know you as Skwee or possibly Kitty Kitty from the dim and distant past? I remember the original Moosley! I loved her. She still features on the 'What colour is my hamster' article'. Looking forward to meeting the pups when their eyes are open.

Moosley
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
You remember right Souffle! I was Skwee(that poor mite didnt last long, he was a happy valley cream with a tumour, couldnt get breeders number to let her know she had that in her lines....)

KittyKitty is Kat, the main part of Thames Valley Rodents (though I do wish she would register that name!) I do the manual work and am building up my hamster so I dont have to keep referring to Kats hamsters. Syrians are my babies anyways, Kat prefers the exotics, rats, mice, snakes, fish and so on!

We'll see when we can get photos, due to the shed been kept at a constant nice warm temperature, pretty much all our syrians have very open nests and as they are all so laid back (i know who the exceptions are) i might get photos before eyes are open (though i will never take risks with her first litter).

I have a Ghost Yellow with 7 pups in the nest but apart from food and water, im leaving her be, she is very young (accidental litter, she got pregnant at 6 weeks damn!) Though she does demand to come out!

PinkEmily
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
they are going to be gorgeous, shame your too far away from me :cry:

Holly
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm afraid I've no will power and have asked Moosely for a Black Dom Spot if there's one in there :oops: (failing that a Black Tort Dom Spot) - I think Bessy and No-Name are stunners and I couldn't stop thinking about them after seeing their piccies this morning. Will and I also talked to Chris Logsdail quite a bit about producing good Dom Spots at Highworth - this little beauty will be a sort of birthday pressie for Will as he loves them.

There really isn't any hope for me but I'm happy and I think our hamsters are too :P

Spuds Mum
03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
oh how lovely Julie, can I have a cuddle and be an honorary auntie? I would love a pup from these two, but really have to stick to my plans at the moment otherwise the house will be over run and Rose will have to move out! :shock:
I am really quite envious though, and will await litter updates with baited breath Moosley and Julie! :D

Holly
03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Of course you can Teresa! I'm thinking ahead with my plans too, perhaps one of Aero's babies will make a good mate for Moosely's Black Dom Spot baby:wink:

I know now what Will will call the Dom Spot if it's male - he's nuts about Barnyard and the baby will, I'm sure, be named after Otis, the "lead cow" :P

Mollz
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats Julie, I have to admit that I am really considering a baby from this litter, with much encouragement from my mum.... I just have to work out where he or she would fit in with my plans.

I will have to see the little darling and have a cuddle once you get him/her!

Spuds Mum
03-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I know now what Will will call the Dom Spot if it's male - he's nuts about Barnyard and the baby will, I'm sure, be named after Otis, the "lead cow" :P

Nope - that one is lost on me - obviously I dont watch enough CITV, Nickelodeon or whatever! :oops:
How will that fit in with the chocolate theme though Julie? Though actually at the rate you are going with increasing your hamstery, you will soon be reduced to using hamster names such as
"family size" and "fun sized" rofl! :x

I thought Oreo would be a good name for a black dom spot too, though I guess it is quite a predictable one!

I guess this is a good idea for a second generation from Aero Julie, and if you get some good ones from 'Kookai'?? & Aero, would produce some lovely offspring. Now Im not promising I wont be tempted by one of them (I'll have had chance to work on Arti by then!!)

(and Yay! I can cuddle a new chocolate baby!) :wink:

Pouchy
03-09-2008, 08:50 AM
here's a name you might use considering a Syrian hamsters general asocial temperament - Bogough.
Think about the pronunciation - there's two ways...
Or how about :Golden Bowlocks
Or : Browny Testee Coll
The last 2 two being obvious puns. :lol:
Or : Cannybis considering the males laid back attitude like mine.

souffle
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
mmmm....Pouchy possibly not the most suitable suggestions as names for a childs hamster. Will is only 10 and I would go with the Barnyard name Holly. :wink:

SnuggleHam
03-11-2008, 05:34 AM
For those of you who are wondering where the rest of this conversation went, it got way off topic, so I split the thread and put the rest of the discussion under Miscellaneous Chat. I would ask that people are mindful of keeping in topic in the future please. Lets keep things orderly.

Thank you :)

Moosley
03-15-2008, 09:38 AM
UPDATE: :D Bessy had 9 great big fat grubby pinkies on her 17th night of gestation, hows that for perfect!?

From the size of these pinkies, I think i can be hopeful for great big hamsters! While dad is from a big name breeder, Bessy is from a small local breeder so it would be nice!

She is positively gleaming with health! She got HUGE and her fur is sooo glossy and I swear she was sitting grinning at me from her nest! As I thought, its a completely open nest so I can see babies when she comes forward to see me and get a quick kiss and a treat as is our habit. I was going to leave her be but she came to the front and started hopping up and down for her treat anyway :roll:

Demanding wee beast!

I'm so happy!

We now have 16 pups in three nests, the first nest only has 2 pups (they are going to be monstrously big though so I am happy, prefer small litters!) one will be a Satin REC (I think!?) not sure where it came from! And the other a LBJ, both females.

The other litter of 5 are all unfluffed but are all dark so I think a mix of LBJ's and Umbrous LBJ's, some satin.

Happy days :D Nothing has been breeding since autumn last year and i missed the squeaks of pups!

Basia
03-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Moosley. Can you see if they are dom spots like their mum?

Moosley
03-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Hehe! No not yet :) you wont see that until closer to a week if not after. They all start off pink, even the ones that turn darker or spottier as pinkies :)

I still wont be able to tell if they are black dom spots or torts until later, unless i get to see its a female because then i guess chances are it is a tort! though it could still be a black dom spot i guess. *puzzles* my mind has gone blank!

though... that tends to happen at 3am *yawn*

Holly
03-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Congratulations, Moosely 8)

Looking forward to seeing the colours :)

Moosley
03-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I'll see if Bessy minds photos being taken soon :) She is soooo laid back, she comes off the nest to see me and doesnt mind me peering into the nest.

I know there are still quite a few babies in the nest and all big and chunky. I also know there is one that is going to be particularly spotty with a lovely white blaze up its head and i *think* it might be our little black dom spot boy!!! though at that age and squirming so much, it was quite hard to focus on it's 'bit's LOL

I will almost definately have some stunning yellows.

I also have a nest full of LBJs and expecting another litter that should consist of Sables and Sable Roans and in a vaiety of Long Haired, Short Haired and some Satin too!

We have 15 babies in the nest (ish!!) at the moment and all of them have places to go to unless they are specifically asked for by certain people on forums of course :wink:

I *might* possibly keep one of Bessy's babies though, see how they grow and what I get my hands on at Thame LOL. I want a Black Tort (no white) though so if there is one...

souffle
03-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I have taken the pictures of Bessies pups off the boards as they do not yet have their eyes open and it is not HC policy to allow such pictures. We look forward to seeing them with their eyes open in the near future.
Please read these guidelines before posting pics of your babies
http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2258 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2258)