PDA

View Full Version : Probiotic (FAO Babyboos)

Emma
02-27-2005, 02:47 AM
I was just wondering which probiotic you use (or anyone else uses for that matter!!)

Most people suggest AviPro but at the moment I'm using BioLapis (which is Protexin for rabbits & small animals) as that's what the practice at my university sells. It works out very expensive though as it comes in individual sachets to make up 50ml daily - the Robos drink hardly a tenth of that, but theres no real way to make up smaller amounts as it's in a sachet. I think AviPro should work out cheaper. What do you think? Do you know anywhere online that sells it?

Emma
02-27-2005, 03:07 AM
Lol, answered my own question here. http://www.noahs-cupboard.co.uk is VetArk's own online shop.

babyboos
02-27-2005, 05:20 AM
I use Avipro Plus and find a tub goes a very long way. I also supplement pregnant and nursing females, or ill hamster's diets with a good live culture plain yogurt (homemade usually) which the little one's especially seem to love.

Emma
02-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks, I've just put an order in for some AP Plus. Cheaper than most vets charge and free delivery too, it should be here Tuesday morning which is right when I need it. Fingers crossed!

babyboos
02-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Avipro Plus is a pre and probiotic too so can be used all the time which is especially useful for those people who don't use a food like Harry Hamster with added prebiotic. (I think I should get commission from Supreme Foods - makers of Harry Hamster don't you :!: :P :!: )