PDA

View Full Version : prefixs cost

Matty Day
02-28-2008, 01:32 PM
As ive joined the south of England hamster club this year I have decided for next year to enter the exhibitor of the year completion f dwarf and Syrian categories so I thought I might register my prefix as everything will be up and running next i.e. I will have enough hamster to compete quite well and it would be better than using my own name can anyone give me an idea on the cost of registering for a year ?

I_am_plankton
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
I am not sure I think it is £4 and then you pay to renew yearly.

Wendy Barry sent me a thing with what happened on Saturday and said in March there will be a full thing on registering a prefix, which I want to do also.

Mollz
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Matty, how long have you been a member?
I'm pretty sure you need to have been a member for more than a year - or did you mean you want to register your prefix next year?

I'm pretty sure Julie (Holly) has only just registered so you could try sending her a pm.

Matty Day
02-28-2008, 02:18 PM
yes i m looking at next year to register as i will have been a member for a year then :x

souffle
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
You need to have been a member of a club for a year before you register a name then you apply to, I think, Sid Skidmore and the cost is £5 initially then £2 per year to renew. You are automatically entered in the exhibitor of the year competition when you enter any class Matty. You get 1 point per straight class won plus points for grand challenge which are 6 for 1st, 4 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd and 1 for 4th. It is all detailed in the hand book which you should now have or be getting soon.

Bunsey
02-28-2008, 03:22 PM
i'm going to register a prefix in the next couple of months. It seems unfair to show my mum's hamsters under just my name, so the prefix with be something hams and will go down as both of us. I think my prefix will be Silverdale hams.

When you enter you entries, do you give your prefix then, so they know what name to say if you win and what name to put in the journal

Spuds Mum
02-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes I think that's what you do Bunsey. I have to wait until August before I can register mine - but am already looking forward to it! :D

Bunsey
02-28-2008, 03:36 PM
i'll probably do a poll of a few options and see what people think. My mum thinks Glenwood hams! I wanted to make some suggestions out of my hamster names but i'm not great at that and can't think of anything!
the names i was thinking of combining somehow were Bunsey, Harvey, Hemma. I guess i could just be called Harvey hams!
i also thought of Honey hams, but that's already one :(

What's your's Theresa, i can't remember :oops:

Basia
02-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Is it a year from when you join the hamster club or a year from when you start showing? I have been a member of Midland for a year in May but only just started showing. Is it the same with novice because most of my first year I haven't shown anything. Will I be intermediate after May?

Spuds Mum
02-28-2008, 03:41 PM
how about hunny-buns? a sort of cross between honey and your bunsey?
Or Herbunsey Hams? Or Bunemmavey Hams? Oh you have plenty to play with using the names I think? :x

Mine will hopefully be "Madabout" Hamsters, as this is my website name it just sort of makes sense! Ken has mentioned it to whoever does it at NHC to sort of 'reserve it' bless him! :D

Spuds Mum
02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Prefixes are a year from membership Gill, but its a bit unclear in the handbook about the novice class - as from what I can see it talks about winning two firsts in classes of seven or more rather than a timescale. I dont think that is membership though, as I remember a conversation where someone who is a good dwarf 'shower' has moved into syrians and said that officially she could be a novice there, but would not?? (or something like that)

Bunsey
02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Is it a year from when you join the hamster club or a year from when you start showing? I have been a member of Midland for a year in May but only just started showing. Is it the same with novice because most of my first year I haven't shown anything. Will I be intermediate after May?

novice is a year from when you first start showing. Alcester is my last show as a novice, as my first show was Lymm 2007 which was 13th march i think.

Basia
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks Teresa. I can register my prefix in May then. I will ask Sue BVH about the novice thingy because she has just taken over as Midland Secretary.

Spuds Mum
02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Booo Hiisssss both you and Julie will get your prefixes before I do *goes off to sulk in a corner* and maybe Bunsey too :(

*temper tantrum starting* I wanna prefix Noooooowwww ROFL

No I think you should definitely register as soon as you can Amy and Gill, especially if like Gill you are breeding good quality animals. It sort of makes it official doesn't it?

(and I know you keep toying with the idea Amy, and who could blame you with that gorgeous sable boy you have :wink: :D )

Bunsey
02-28-2008, 04:11 PM
we are definately breeding Oscar! we are getting a BEC as soon as we find one! we'll breed her as soon as she's the right age :D

Basia
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Sorry Bunsey, I must have been posting at the same time. So I will be able tos how as a novice until this time next year then. :)

I would quite like to register my prefix, it has been with me a very long time now as it was (and still is I guess, they can never be used again) my BRC rabbit prefix and stud name.

Matty Day
02-29-2008, 12:27 AM
im thinking about either south west chinese and syrian hamstery
or zummerzet hams
you get that one if you live in the west country :x

which so you thinks is best :?:

Holly
02-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm in the process of registering the Chocolate Hams prefix right now and, as souffle says, it's £5 to register and £2 to renew.

As for Novice, it wasn't clear to me either so I asked Sue Kilburn - it's one year from when you first join, not when you start showing - which makes us Intermediates from this month, from tomorrow, in fact :shock:

Basia
02-29-2008, 03:08 AM
So if you don't show at all in your first year, you are never a novice? :?

Mollz
02-29-2008, 03:11 AM
So if you don't show at all in your first year, you are never a novice? :?
I guess so, which is a bit strange really - but I guess it might be the only way of keeping track of who is what?

I_am_plankton
02-29-2008, 03:16 AM
That is exactly it, it's to make it a fair system I guess but it kinda does suck a little bit!

It is to keep track of when you joined so they know who is what

Holly
02-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I know - I thought I'd be a novice until May too. I suppose it would be hard to keep track of everyone if it went on showing, it's easy to just check first joining date, I guess.

Cheer up, Gill - at all the shows I've been to there've been hardly any Intermediates :wink: ...I guess there are more Novices as some people start showing and then loose interest, maybe.

Bunsey
02-29-2008, 06:16 AM
huh? i was told it was definately a year from when you start showing!! :o I've got to show as intermediate at Alcester then!!

Spuds Mum
02-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I was pretty sure that was what was told to me too Bunsey - I wouldnt worry too much as even if Alcester entries were a mistake they were certainly an honest one!

Bunsey
02-29-2008, 06:21 AM
yeah, i'll just enter as intermediate from now on! :D

souffle
02-29-2008, 07:59 AM
It definitly used to be that however maybe the rules have changed. I was speaking to Peter Logasdail about prefixes and he said he does not allow anything that would be easy to confuse with another name and I think there is a Silverfern hamstery Bunsey so it may be an idea to have another choice in mind.