PDA

View Full Version : Topcliffe Show - 15th March 2008

souffle
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
THE NORTHERN HAMSTER CLUB PRESENTS A SHOW UNDER NHC RULES ON SATURDAY 15TH MARCH 2008 AT TOPCLIFFE VILLAGE HALL, FRONT STREET, TOPCLIFFE, NORTH YORKSHIRE. YO7 3RW DOORS OPEN: 10.30AM
STOCK TO BE BENCHED BY 10.45AM
JUDGING COMMENCES: 11.00AM PROMPT
Show Secretary: Anita Osborne/Dave Workman
Tel: 0161 272 6733 or e-mail: [email protected]
Catering: Cathy Mousette
All entries are non-transferable and cannot be refunded. LATE ENTRIES WILL
NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SHOW SECRETARY.
Cheques should be made payable to the Northern Hamster Club.
All Sales MUST
be booked in with Ken Skill, Tel: 07742 822060 or e-mail:
[email protected]
together with all pedigree details. Sales
and Donations will not be accepted without a pedigree certificate and
correct accompanying paperwork.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES:-
THURSDAY 13TH MARCH
9.00PM
CLOSING DATE FOR SALES: -
MONDAY 10TH MARCH
9.00PM
SYRIAN JUDGE: ANDREW BRYAN
SYRIAN STRAIGHT CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY
1. Golden m/f
2. Cream m/f
3. Yellow m/f
4. Cinnamon m/f
5. White m/f
6. Patterned m/f
7. A.O.C. m/f
8. Satin m/f
9. Long-haired White m/f
10. Long-haired Cream m/f
11. Long-haired Patterned m/f
12. Long-haired A.O.C. m/f
13. Long-haired Satin m/f
SYRIAN DUPLICATE CLASSES:
5P PER ENTRY
14. Junior (under 16)
15. Novice (member in 1st year of exhibiting)
16. Intermediate (member in 2nd year of
exhibiting)
17. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
18. Breeder
19. Grand Challenge
OTHER SYRIAN CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY - 20. Non-Standard m/f
DWARF JUDGE: SHERYL SHARKEY
DWARF SPECIES STRAIGHT CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY
D1. Campbell Normal m/f
D2. Campbell Albino m/f
D3. Campbell Argenté m/f
D4. Winter White Normal m/f
D5. Winter White Sapphire m/f
D6. Winter White Pearl m/f
D7. Chinese m/f
OTHER SPECIES DUPLICATE CLASSES:
5P PER ENTRY
D8. Junior
D9. Novice (as above)
D10. Intermediate (as above)
D11. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
D12. Breeder
D13. Grand Challenge
DWARF OTHER CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY - D14. Non-Standard m/f
All the above classes MUST be exhibited in the approved show pens.
One piece of fruit or vegetable and a small dog biscuit (supplied by Northern Hamster Club) MUST be placed in the show
pen before benching.
Hire Pens: £1.00 per pen subject to availability. Novice & Intermediate exhibitors will be given priority. Arrange with
Show Secretary when booking entries. Hire Pens must be returned clean to the Show Secretary at the end of the show.
Please bring your own shavings (shorthaired) and wood based cat litter (longhaired).
Trophies & Rosettes: Awarded as appropriate, cards for first 4 places, all classes.
32. Pet Class: 50p per entry - entries taken on day. Exhibitors of main classes may enter Roborovskii s and other small
and furry rodents in Pets. Exhibitors may also enter Pets Class if showing 3 or less in the main classes.
Other Activities: Hamster Racing will be held at this Show so don t forget to bring your little racers with you!
PET JUDGING COMMENCES 2.00pm prompt (entries by 1.30pm please) followed by Hamster Racing (Pet Class &
Hamster Race entry 50p). Hamsters cannot be entered in any other classes if exhibited in class 20, 31 or 32.
DIRECTIONS:
From the South: Leave the A1(M) at Junction 49 signposted A168 Thirsk (A19 Teeside) Take the 2nd slip road A167
sign Topcliffe, Northallerton. At T junction turn left. Continue on into the village turning right onto Front
Street. (The Angel Inn is a big white pub on the left opposite Front Street.) Village Hall is on left, set back with grass verge
in front.
From the North: Leave the A1 at Junction 49 following signs A168 Thirsk (A19 Teeside) Take 2nd slip road A167 sign
Topcliffe, Northallerton. At T junction turn left. Continue on turning right onto Front Street. Village Hall is on left.
Parking will be available in the Angel Inn car park: From the Village Hall continue on to T junction turn left and follow road
round to T junction. Turn Left, then right into pub car park. Please park at rear of pub on right hand side.

Gust0o
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Am going! 8)

This now makes it the best show, ever! :x

Spuds Mum
02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Really????? I can see your modesty holds you back at work Gus! :P

Will see you there then, and you can meet a whole lot of hamster fanatics - plus there will be no doubt hamsters for sale!!! :wink:

Get sweetening Aly now!

Gust0o
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, I thought I'd kick-off the fanfare now! :x

At least it will make for an interesting comparision when people meet me in the flesh!

I know there'll be hamsters for sale... and Al will have wide eyes! But, we must resist; besides, I've seen the one I want, very specifically a Black LH Tort, and I'm happy to let my chaps live long, happy lives, before any more arrive :)

At least until we move house, or something - then I'll have millions! :x

Gust0o
02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
God help me if there's a Black LH Tort on sale, by the way :shock:

Holly
03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
We'll be there too.

There were virtually no Syrians for sale at Highworth and Alcester - wonder if there'll be any at Topcliffe? I guess as spring comes there'll be more and more - not that we'll be looking :oops:

Spuds Mum
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Well I've emailed my entries tonight.

I'm undertaking an experiment and entering Princess in this show. I often wish I entered her when she was younger, but even though she is a 'more mature lady' now, I still think she is a looker! :D

I've got quite a spread of classes, 1, 10, 11, 12 and 2 in 13. Bronte will be slightly busy (hopefully raising a healthy litter) and Grey-ham just will not grow (I've threatened him with the rack - but he is not responding) so we are not entering either this time.

We've decided to enter Vala as a more mature too, but only to see if she breaks Andrew Bryans arm when he tries to lift her!! :wink:

I think I'd also like to bring Manny along for an outing and enter him in pets. As I am entering more than 3, would it be okay for Rosie to enter him do you think?

souffle
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
If Manny is partly Rosies pet then there is no reason why she cannot enter him :lol:
Vala will likely go Best in Show! Andrew likes em large :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spuds Mum
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh well Vala certainly will suit him then! and he has just mated her sister Vixen (I saw her and she is Vala's double) and her pup that Paul has taken back at Alcester.

Re Manny, its not for the winning etc. I'd just like him to have a day out, silly really I guess!

Arti was thinking of entering Pip in pets with a banner advising "Beware this hamster may gum you viciously" :shock: :roll: :wink:

ETA - Andrew mated Vala's sister to one of his hams just to make that clear :oops:

nooboo
03-08-2008, 07:45 AM
hi guys

hope to see you all at the show, anyone having issues with not receiving confirmation about entries etc please let me know

Yaffle
03-11-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm obviously just not meant to be at Topcliffe!

I finally found someone to come with me to the show (I'd come on my own but I hate driving and need someone to hold my hand!), when my car got broken into on Sunday night! Some awful person threw a brick through my car window to grab a manky old coat I had on my back seat so I've had to pay £65 for a new window so now I can't afford the petrol money :? I'm feeling very sorry for myself! Don't all be having too much fun without me :P

nooboo
03-11-2008, 06:38 AM
oh thats a shame :( stupid mindless theft, so annoying, no one gains. maybe someone else can give you a lift? though not sure if any members are in your area....i only get to shows by begging lifts off others :P

also reminder people to get your entries in soon! a confirmation email will have gone to all entries i have received so if you have not heard back please email again!

Holly
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
That's a shame Claire :(

I've done my entries (and managed to cock them up - well spotted Anita :oops: ), really excited now :)

Spuds Mum
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm obviously just not meant to be at Topcliffe!

I finally found someone to come with me to the show (I'd come on my own but I hate driving and need someone to hold my hand!), when my car got broken into on Sunday night! Some awful person threw a brick through my car window to grab a manky old coat I had on my back seat so I've had to pay £65 for a new window so now I can't afford the petrol money :? I'm feeling very sorry for myself! Don't all be having too much fun without me :P

Oh claire, I'm so sorry to hear that - what a nightmare for you, so much extra hassle just because someone thinks they have a right to something that is yours :cry: :evil:

Bunsey
03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
i hate people who do things like that. they were probably hoping it had money in the pocket. why would anyone leave a coat with money in in the car anyway?

whilst my car was parked outside the house, someone drove down the street and knocked the wing mirror off and just drove away. the next morning i found it in the road and of course i had to pay to get it fixed.

souffle
03-11-2008, 04:22 PM
So sorry about your car Yaffle. It is all just too much. People just think they can help themselves withour any consideration. Maybe we'll see you at Brockholes? Our own little local show :oops: It is 19th April.

Yaffle
03-12-2008, 06:31 AM
The only way I'll be at Topcliffe now is if Neil's footy match is called off due to rain, so I want you all to do a rain dance for me! :lol:
I'll definately be at Brockholes though!

nooboo
03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
had a word with sheryl, we think we can fit you in with us! if you could get to sheryls that morning for no later than 8.45 then it should be easy can pm me or email her..or phone... for details :P

Gust0o
03-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Whilst I wouldn't advocate any kind of vigilante behaviour, me and the lads did throw a chap in the river, after we caught him in my mate's car coming back from the pub.

Not sure this is the kind of behaviour HC would condone, but it was certainly satisfying to mete out some suitable punishment.

Bob and Hobbs are confirmed entrants for the show - many thanks Anita, for talking a first-timer through the process :)

Carrington
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Just to let anyone who is interested know, I will be bringing a few shorthaired Syrian babies to the show for sales.

See you all there! :)

souffle
03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Hello Sheryl and welcome :lol: What colour are the babies?

Holly
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Hello Sheryl and welcome :lol: What colour are the babies?

Couldn't have put that whole post better myself - ditto from me :P

Spuds Mum
03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Just to let anyone who is interested know, I will be bringing a few shorthaired Syrian babies to the show for sales.

See you all there! :)

Right guys, a task for you - keep me away from those babies!! I already have a Sheryl baby in waiting....but there's always room for one more isn't there???...

NOOOOOO! :wink:

I_am_plankton
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Right guys, a task for you - keep me away from those babies!! I already have a Sheryl baby in waiting....but there's always room for one more isn't there???...

NOOOOOO! :wink:

*covers Teresa's eyes so she can't see*

Holly
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
*ties Teresa's hands behind her back so she can't grab* :P

nooboo
03-12-2008, 11:48 AM
*waves cute baby hamsters under Teresa's nose*

they are all oh so cute! had such fun with them the other week!

anyway...temptation and impending hamster sales aside i hope everyone has their entries in not long to deadline now!

Spuds Mum
03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Hmmm - Nooboo is definitely a bad influence here.

Are these the Luna and Xanthe litter Noo? I think I am getting a golden from the Zante/Xanthe litter anyway - oo wondering if Sheryl is bringing it to the show - will email.

Thankyou Leanne and Julie for trying to help my addiction! :oops: but I guarantee you that tied hands will not help - I will pick up the carrier with my mouth (!) and I'm sure I can do this blindfold!! :wink:

nooboo
03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
heh i am sure i can get someone to help you carry it :P

always had a knack for hamster sales...especially at shows, always like to do sales at the big summer shows! does spill over into me tempting people with hamsters though sorry :P

Spuds Mum
03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Dont work your magic on me Noo - please! But I have a very innocent (!) newbie who I think will easily be swayed by you...
Our Gus is ripe for a new hamster - he hasn't got a new one in about a week! :shock: :wink:

Yaffle
03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
That'd be great noo if Sheryl dosn't mind! ooooooh so excited you've made my day!

Spuds Mum
03-12-2008, 01:27 PM
That'd be great noo if Sheryl dosn't mind! ooooooh so excited you've made my day!

oh and mine Claire, can bore you silly with Tabby updates! will be great to see you there! :x

Yaffle
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Can't wait to hear all about little Tabs! See you Saturday!

Gust0o
03-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Our Gus is ripe for a new hamster - he hasn't got a new one in about a week!

Eeeeeeeeeee... nooooooo!

I would not survive the drive home if I did.

You could, however, convince Al! :x

nooboo
03-13-2008, 02:37 AM
that i can work on :P everyone needs a hamster, those with hamsters always need another one, if you have room for a cage and time for the critter, and can afford the bills then why not!

its just bonus stress relief!

still waiting on the last of the entries to come in, getting more worried that i will do something totally wrong :s

Gust0o
03-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Well, I'll let you work on her, nooboo!

I do need to see some of the hammies though, and speak to some of the breeders - thinking of the next generation, here :)

Al's said I can look that much!

Bunsey
03-13-2008, 04:21 AM
family can be such a pain. what we all need is to have hamster crazy family! i think every hamster mad person has a restraining factor on them in the form of an OH or parent!

souffle
03-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Perhaps there is a need for us to start up a 'Hamsteroholics Anonymous' :lol:

Gust0o
03-13-2008, 06:29 AM
I think we most definitely need a hamster anonymous!

As I've posted elsewhere, I've got a shopping list a mile long for the various animals I'd like - even going so far as to put the rats on hold, to make way for the rodent of my choice!

I think it's something HC has a lot to answer for - all these cute pictures! I post my pics; someone posts theirs; and all the time we go, "aw, how cute - I want one like that!" :x

I just can't, at the minute - well, I could - but I can't; people in relationships will understand how this logic works! :x

I joined HC as non-Syrian owner, but they've really won me over - which Harry's gone a long way to achieving, with his insistence that he travel everywhere perched on my shoulder; it's very endearing.

I think I'd like a LH Sable Roan; am still desiring the LH Black Tort after my random encounter with one in Peejays.

Basia
03-13-2008, 06:31 AM
As a child I always had to battle to have any pet at all. Since I got married I have a very understanding hubby and have always been able to keep pretty much whatever pets I have wanted, including hundreds of rabbits over the years. None of my children are particularly interested. They like the dogs, but not enough to take them for a walk. Have no interest in the hamsters whatsoever. :?:
I would say its because they are too old now, but they have always been the same, they were only little boys when I started breeding/showing rabbits. What I would have given for a mother like me. :?

Gust0o
03-13-2008, 06:42 AM
I didn't have pets growing up - we had the odd fish, as a household, if dad managed to win one at the fair.

I seem to recall mum rescuing a gerbil once... which seems mot unlike my mother!

So, at 26, I'm a bit late to pet ownership - so maybe this is me making up for lost time?

Bunsey
03-13-2008, 01:21 PM
i begged for years to have a dog and when i was about 9 i got a hamster! when i was 11 i had 2 guinea pigs who were the wrong sexes and they had babies and then more babies (they mate straight away like hams) and we kept them all and then one day the fence fell down between the male/female pens and 3 of my females got pregnant!

the last of my pigs died when i was about 14/15 and then the next pets i got were my robos poppy and lily when i was 22

Spuds Mum
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Can't wait to see everyone who is going tomorrow - we all have so much to catch up on. It seems to have been a really eventful couple of months for everyone since Bradford.

Bless him, Arti's just come in from the pub, very 'happy' :? and leaned over Bronte's breeding tub and promised her she can come tomorrow and that he was sure Bramble would babysit. :shock:

Basia
03-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Hope you all have a 'top' time at Topcliffe :P
Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
family can be such a pain. what we all need is to have hamster crazy family! i think every hamster mad person has a restraining factor on them in the form of an OH or parent!

Ahh, this is the problem - I have no restrainer!! Although my 19 year old daughter does tend to roll her eyes a little!!!

Gust0o
03-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Bless him, Arti's just come in from the pub, very 'happy'

I imagine Arti's feeling very much like me this morning - just why is there no hungover smiley?

I'll borrow the sunglasses one! 8)