PDA

View Full Version : Introducing... Hobbs! The smooth charmer!

Gust0o
02-25-2008, 02:35 PM
As promised, I said I'd introduce Hobbs when he decided to show his face... and he's duly delivered! :)

He's only a baby - very small at 8 weeks; but he's absolutely gorgeous, with a real rich, cream colour. No nicks, no ruffles - just gorgeous! :D

Hobbs pulling his sleepy-face:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Gust0o/25022008253.jpg

However, he soon woke-up - and wanted to know all about everything!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Gust0o/25022008251.jpg

And his persistence was rewarded!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Gust0o/25022008255.jpg

He's seems very happy, and has plenty to climb and explore - still a little nervous around me and Alex, though he has had a quick clamber. No rush, mind.

He is making the odd squeaking - any ideas on what he's trying to tell me?

He's got water; got food; got toys; got non-harmful bedding; am I missing anything? :?:

Mollz
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Aww he's a real cutie - what a sweet little face!

He seems to be settling in well, just take it slowly and I'm sure you'll soon all be the best of friends.

Holly
02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
He's a beauty, Gus - really, really pretty face and coat, he looks fab! I'm sure he's going to love living with you in his Gabber 8)

Spuds Mum
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
drink, food, toys, bedding - mmm what more can there be in life? (lol such a male's view) now I don't know what he is saying to you, but until you learn to speak fluent hamsterish, here's some suggestions:-

He may be squeaking just from nerves Gus, but it could also be because her can smell Bob, as I explained in the other thread, sometimes our boys make a little squeak (like a cross between a sneeze and a squeaky dog toy) when they smell a girl on heat.

He is beautiful, in that photo his ears seem quite light, a sort of grey/flesh colour - which may suggest he is a red eyed cream rather than black eyed, but I guess it may just be those photos?

He is beautiful, and still looks very much baby-faced, I am sure you will soon have him clamouring to come out for a cuddle. And when you do, give him a hug from me (he looks very cuddleable) :D

souffle
02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
What a gorgeous little man. Glad he is home and settling well with you two :lol:

Basia
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Aw, he's lovely Gus, he looks a real baby too.

Gust0o
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
sometimes our boys make a little squeak (like a cross between a sneeze and a squeaky dog toy) when they smell a girl on heat.

Bob is on heat! She's manic! She's worse than Al after a couple of bottles of wine! :oops:

I thought I'd got Hobbs at a safe-ish distance; will move again!

n that photo his ears seem quite light, a sort of grey/flesh colour

They are grey... would it necessarily be obvious from his eyes? I haven't had a really close look, as he's quite lively, but should I be seeing red? What's the difference?

Spuds Mum
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
It is quite hard sometimes to tell a red-eyed cream from a black-eyed just by the eyes (makes you wonder who named them doesn't it) but the ears on a black eyed cream are a lot darker, which is why I asked.
On a red eyed cream the eyes should be a 'claret' red (ask Al by the sounds of it what that looks like - lol) - so really quite a dark red and not that noticeable really.

The difference is just genetics again Gus, red-eyed are cream who also have two doses of the cinnamon gene, their fur is often a more peachy tone that black eyed creams. But both are gorgeous in my eyes (which are neither red nor black!!!!) :D

sammys/mum
02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
aww hes gorgous! He is very similar to Sammy who is a red eyed cream (claret). I've noticed in photos that he has got the red eyes, But they do look black!