PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Hideki

Sandrilene
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
So I think i mentioned on another post I ended up getting a betta. Anyways here he is. Will try to get more pics at some point. it is tricky tho as he does not stay still very much. I have him in a 5 gallon tank and he loves swimming around. He is black and silver. He has a snail and 2 ghost shrimp for friends. So far it is working out well. Am considering getting a second betta for the 3 gallon i originally got for him since all i would need is a heater and the fish as I already have the other supplies with the first one. But we shall see.

obscura
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Ohh he's quite handsome! :)

Teddybearhamster420
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Aww hes a cutie :) I love Siamese Fighting Fish :D x

Charlottington-K
03-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Oh he is gorge, i agree with Teddybearhamster i love Siamese fighting fish, i have two goldfish of my own, and my sister has a Siamese! ;) x

Lynternette
03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
They're very beautiful. I had one that seemed to shimmer through red and purple. Unfortunately when my lad home he left me his goldfish. He's a telescopic eye. He's gorgeous but kills other fish. So now he lives in my aquarium by himself.

Sandrilene
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Yea he is a very active fish. Would be miserable in a tiny bowl most people keep bettas in. So I couldn't leave him in the store to have to live like that. Plus seeing how lively he was I knew he was healthy. He and the ghost shrimp chase each other around. It's quite funny to watch. At first i thought maybe he was attacking them but then i saw the shrimp chasing him back and he hasn't lunged or anything. Of course if I forgot to feed him I'm sure that would change. I'm really considering getting another one with bright colors to keep in the 3 gallon I got to temporarily keep him in. 3 gallons is still within good size for bettas. I wouldn't go smaller though.

Teddybearhamster420
03-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Yea he is a very active fish. Would be miserable in a tiny bowl most people keep bettas in. So I couldn't leave him in the store to have to live like that. Plus seeing how lively he was I knew he was healthy. He and the ghost shrimp chase each other around. It's quite funny to watch. At first i thought maybe he was attacking them but then i saw the shrimp chasing him back and he hasn't lunged or anything. Of course if I forgot to feed him I'm sure that would change. I'm really considering getting another one with bright colors to keep in the 3 gallon I got to temporarily keep him in. 3 gallons is still within good size for bettas. I wouldn't go smaller though.

Oh i know what you mean about the small tanks. At when petshop I know, they are kepy in small clear party glasses. :( :( :(

I think you should deffinitaly go ahead and get another for the 3 Gallon tank. :) Saves a life! :D

Sandrilene
03-21-2012, 12:23 AM
yeah they are kept in the same things here little tiny dishes like you buy margarine in only clear. i already have gravel and supplies so all i`d need is a heater and a hidey hole for him.

Sandrilene
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Kideki made a bubble nest tonight so I guess he is already quite happy. :)

Sandrilene
03-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I did end up getting another betta for the keeper. I found a heater for 50% off so I paid $20 dollars for the betta and the heater and hidey space and I am giving a good home to a fish that would otherwise be stuck in a teeny cup. :D Will post pictures once i'm set up. ;) I figured Teddy would wanna know and be happy too. :)