PDA

View Full Version : meet louis

Matty Day
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
i thought i would introduce my new Chinese boy Louis he is from forever hamsters and is the son of Casanova who i know that some of you will have heard of

so far he is a little nervous though its to be expected he has had a very hard day

i haven’t handled him yet but i am going let him settle into his new duna :x

so far i have talked to him through the bars he seems to like the sound of my voice and am going to handle him on monday

pics coming soon :D

Gust0o
02-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Welcome-in Louis! :)

Looking forward to seeing him.

Bunsey
02-23-2008, 01:23 PM
i sure have heard of cassanova! he's done brilliantly in shows! can't wait to see pics of Louis :D

souffle
02-23-2008, 01:30 PM
He sounds lovely matty and looking forward to seeing pics :lol: You must be thrilled with him.

Matty Day
02-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I am really pleased with him thanks just went into the office to get a film out were I am quarantining him when I turned the light on he was sitting in his new hammock having a good smell around.

he’s a lovely looking hamster who i hope he will do as well as his dad !

Spuds Mum
02-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Well if he is like his father I am sure that you will have no problem breeding him, I know Alex has had handfuls of Casanova babies!

And I am sure he is beautiful if his Daddy is anything to go by. I remember seeing his pictures in a journal, as well as on another forum, surrounded by all his rosettes and trophies!

Glad he is settling in well - a hammock sound a great idea for a chinese ham, so glad he is enjoying it! :D

Hanlou
02-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Welcome Louis x

What a posh name he has.... with a heritage of 'Casanova' can we expect some little Louis' at some point Matty?!

Look forward to pics and hearing more about him when he's settled in.

Matty Day
02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
i named him after Louis xiv of France. Mainly because he was born on the 14/10/07 and partly because Louis xiv was a notorious womaniser hoping I will provide a bit of luck.

and yes hopefully i willl have some litte louis,s running around by next month

Basia
02-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you got Louie home safe and sound and he's everything you were hoping for.
It was nice to see your little girls. Hope everything goes to plan and you soon have some oriental babies. :D

Holly
02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
He looked wonderful, Matty - I've heard of Casanova too (Alex was impressively knowledgeable and very nice yesterday, having taught me a bit about the art of pen stewarding dwarfs - a complicated thing for someone with a numbers phobia :oops: ).

I thought the Chinese hams were stunning yesterday - first time I've seen them up close 8)

Matty Day
02-24-2008, 12:02 PM
well i handle him to day he was realy calm and relexed ill get some pics on monday

just one anoying habit he sleeps in the dunas tube !

so i might buy some caps so i can remove the tubes

Holly
02-24-2008, 12:31 PM
A lot of hamsters do that when they first get moved to a tube cage, Matty - all my original 3 did it.....then they started stuffing the tubes with bedding :?

They all seem to grow out of it once they settle in a bit.

Gust0o
02-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Tubes are very much like burrows - and thus considered "safe" by little hamster brains.

That's why I provide my Robo, Dave with so many - as a very timid little hamster, she's got plenty of opportunity to duck out of what she doesn't like.

Harry, our rescue, currently sleeps in his tube - it's where he can't be got at.

As they become more comfortable, they'll move out of that - it's just a matter of time :)